• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 rosewick

rosewick

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have been using Dvdfab bluray copy for a few months now. Hasn't skipped a beat, i just select the main title and the HD audio file. They all work perfectly on my Oppo and i don't have any annoying advertisements or fbi warnings anymore.

Just buy bd-r dl discs off ebay direct from Japan. I just bought a 40 pack of TDK 50GB for a bargain ;)

Looking at getting some myself. The best I can find for TDK 40 pack is just over $4/ disk ($161.57)
Is this what you bought them for or do I keep looking????

#52 HTPC-Guru

HTPC-Guru

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649

ebay store U-Japan

#53 rosewick

rosewick

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649

ebay store U-Japan

Many thanks, will give it a go. Might get a price on 8.5Gb disks as well, getting sick of being ripped off by HN & DS.

#54 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

But DVDFab does not convert to ISO disc image files according to the comparison chart on that website and correct me if i am totally wrong here, but isn't that what is needed to make a 1:1 exact copy of your blu ray disc's?

The programs that finished in the top 3 (gold ,silver and bronze awards) only the silver awarded Leawo Blu ray copy program converts to ISO image files.

I am new to all this and am also looking for the right program to backup my large collection of blu ray movies ( i want an exact 1:1 copy with all menus, HD video and HD audio quality)

thats interesting, I have used dvdfab to do iso's of some of the regularly run kids dvds. presume blu-ray version works the same, I wouldnt know why it wouldnt ? IF I remember the trial version wont do iso's but once register it does. I find hard to believe so many dont do iso's. something to be wary off I guess !

#55 HTPC-Guru

HTPC-Guru

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

There is a mode called " Clone " under the bluray copy sub headding. It reads make perfect 1:1 bluray copies

;)

But your better off doing the Full copy instead of Clone..

With Full copy you get All the Menus, HD Vid, HD audio
minus the fbi warnings and all the other crap that comes with a standard Bluray.

Edited by Htpc-online, 14 January 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#56 fawlty99

fawlty99

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

To rip BD, you only need 2 pieces of software

1) ANY DVD HD to extract the files
That is all

I use ANYDVD to rip. So far it has been bullet proof and updates are very regular to counter those pesky bd protections.

I then use BDrebuilder which is completely free to compress the BD. I really can't see the difference between the original (50gb) and compressed (25gb) on my large screen plasma. You can compress to smaller sizes than that but quality does begin to suffer. I also use this to strip extras, menus, unwanted audio tracks as well.

#57 xiaomaizi85

xiaomaizi85

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

I agree with your thought.Thank you for your sharing.

#58 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

question guys, I dont often rip blu-rays, only for my daughters to save the discs getting a thrashing. and ripping the lady and the tramp blu-ray local region, seems to have ripped to iso for full disc via dvdfab no probs. but on playing back the iso it plays back the initial disney opening, no audio and just freezes at the 10 sec mark.

any suggestions guys ?

#59 cwt

cwt

AV Forum Member

• 5,741 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

question guys, I dont often rip blu-rays, only for my daughters to save the discs getting a thrashing. and ripping the lady and the tramp blu-ray local region, seems to have ripped to iso for full disc via dvdfab no probs. but on playing back the iso it plays back the initial disney opening, no audio and just freezes at the 10 sec mark.

any suggestions guys ?

Did dvdfab eject the disc after it created the bd folder and before it started writing the iso Al ? My plextor drive always does whether I use imgburn or dvdfabs writer.

Try imgburn instead its very reliable not that fab isnt - handy just clicking the iso icon and naming it with the popdown - does make it easy :) . Somethings been corrupted along the way ;what does mediainfo say you have ? If you do it all separately you can check the bd folder with mediainfo before writing to iso.
Ime running dvdfab 8.1.6.3 atm but some firmwares are more buggy than others unfortunately :nuke:

I usually strike trouble when ime using a conversion tool and fab has to work hard as well as my gpu not often thankfully :no:

#60 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

Did dvdfab eject the disc after it created the bd folder and before it started writing the iso Al ? My plextor drive always does whether I use imgburn or dvdfabs writer.

Try imgburn instead its very reliable not that fab isnt - handy just clicking the iso icon and naming it with the popdown - does make it easy :) . Somethings been corrupted along the way ;what does mediainfo say you have ? If you do it all separately you can check the bd folder with mediainfo before writing to iso.
Ime running dvdfab 8.1.6.3 atm but some firmwares are more buggy than others unfortunately :nuke:

I usually strike trouble when ime using a conversion tool and fab has to work hard as well as my gpu not often thankfully :no:

interesting, I dont think it did eject cwt. but it said all was done. mine is a panasonic external drive.

as a matter of fact by default img burn did run to start with and came back with the disc being copy protected or copy righted or something, so anyways I moved across to dvdfab which I use normally anyways.

will check mediainfo - where is that to check ? I'll check the dvdfab version. the whole process took about 2 hours ! so not sure what the go was. I suspect something with disney discs. I tried ripping the disney jungle book DVD again some time earlier for my daughter and dvdfab said could not rip the entire disc as normally do. So did a custom and selected parts of it. Didnt rip properly, next time will try just the movie see if that works ! might try just the movie on the lady & tramp blu-ray as well. seems such a waste of time overall !

#61 Mjr69

Mjr69

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Disney discs are the most trickiest - even on dvds they put in zero tracks, infinite tracks etc. The only program that seems to rip the dvds is Ripit4me - which is freeware and uses a couple of other free programs in its arsenal.
I imagine the safest way is to do a BR is a 50GB clone - @$4 it is cheap insurance in case your little one has an accident...

#62 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the tips mjr. I was going to try using my macbook as that's compatible with my bd as well. So have just used my work Sony netbook. But thinking about it. I think your on the money this is a Disney disc thing.

Appreciate the tips will try out and post back how things go !

Yes that is my concern, my little daughter is very carefull ! But accidents do happen she is just young. And the jungle book DVD for instance you'd be lucky to even be able to buy as gone back in the Disney vault and out of circulation. So very important I get this ripped :)

#63 DansDans

DansDans

AV Forum Member

• 2,743 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Anyone who uses DVDFab able to make a bluray rip into an XVID AVI keeping the 5.1 (or HD) audio track?

I like the 720p BR rips (as they play on the PS3 with no issue) and I wanted to make my own, and I can get DVDFab to do it no worries, but it wants to convert the audio to 2-channel when you select XVID as the codec. However, when doing a DVD rip, you can have AC-3 audio with the XVID file.. so confused

MKV allows you to keep the HD audio - so I can convert to MKV and then probably from there to XVID, but it seems like a convoluted process with too much quality loss

#64 Mjr69

Mjr69

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Quote: "Appreciate the tips will try out and post back how things go !"
Let me know if you don't have any luck and then send it to me and I'll have a go. ;)

#65 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Quote: "Appreciate the tips will try out and post back how things go !"
Let me know if you don't have any luck and then send it to me and I'll have a go. ;)

thanks very much mjr ! really appreciate the offer. hopefully get a chance next couple of days or weekend latest to give another run and try the few other means :)

#66 cwt

cwt

AV Forum Member

• 5,741 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

interesting, I dont think it did eject cwt. but it said all was done. mine is a panasonic external drive.

as a matter of fact by default img burn did run to start with and came back with the disc being copy protected or copy righted or something, so anyways I moved across to dvdfab which I use normally anyways.

will check mediainfo - where is that to check ? I'll check the dvdfab version. the whole process took about 2 hours ! so not sure what the go was. I suspect something with disney discs. I tried ripping the disney jungle book DVD again some time earlier for my daughter and dvdfab said could not rip the entire disc as normally do. So did a custom and selected parts of it. Didnt rip properly, next time will try just the movie see if that works ! might try just the movie on the lady & tramp blu-ray as well. seems such a waste of time overall !

I only paid for the bd ripper Al so just use the free fab hd decrypter to make the bd folder then Ive rigged it to make an iso from it with imgburn automatically . The external plextor just pops its lid when the 1st bd folder part is done.

Sounds like you have an auto action programmed if it opens imgburn when you put a disc in .Ive fixed my windows7 laptop the same to do various programs depending on cd/dvd etc ;cd's go straight to db poweramp to make flacs for the oppo . Some types ive selected 'no action' because of drm as you struck :pirate: Try doing a full disc bd folder then use m'info ;http://mediainfo.sou...net/en/Download
to make sure you have what you need before using imgburn or similar .

It sounds like you have the full bd copy subset so if you havent tried it and want to 1/2 the file size; go into the general settings and tick bd25 instead of 50; I did this to the green hornet3d bd and the epson made its iso look as good as the 43gb full iso :wub: Ive read of problems at the fab forum with dvd ripper ;straight decrypting without reencoding is much more reliable and a lot quicker ;my dual core 2.3ghz laptop can take 6hrs with dxva encoding to shrink and convert say a vc1 to an avc file .. If the disc is put in my disc drive I point mediainfo at it and its size determines whether I use passthrough for speed or shrink the file with audiocopy .

#67 beejay76

beejay76

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

...Might seem like a strange answer but have you considered adding more storage?

Not a strange answer at all, and it's exactly what I do. I've just upgraded my storage to 8TB and I'm at 85% capacity. I keep all my content stored uncompressed, bit-for-bit to the original.

#68 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

I only paid for the bd ripper Al so just use the free fab hd decrypter to make the bd folder then Ive rigged it to make an iso from it with imgburn automatically . The external plextor just pops its lid when the 1st bd folder part is done.

Sounds like you have an auto action programmed if it opens imgburn when you put a disc in .Ive fixed my windows7 laptop the same to do various programs depending on cd/dvd etc ;cd's go straight to db poweramp to make flacs for the oppo . Some types ive selected 'no action' because of drm as you struck :pirate: Try doing a full disc bd folder then use m'info ;http://mediainfo.sou...net/en/Download
to make sure you have what you need before using imgburn or similar .

It sounds like you have the full bd copy subset so if you havent tried it and want to 1/2 the file size; go into the general settings and tick bd25 instead of 50; I did this to the green hornet3d bd and the epson made its iso look as good as the 43gb full iso :wub: Ive read of problems at the fab forum with dvd ripper ;straight decrypting without reencoding is much more reliable and a lot quicker ;my dual core 2.3ghz laptop can take 6hrs with dxva encoding to shrink and convert say a vc1 to an avc file .. If the disc is put in my disc drive I point mediainfo at it and its size determines whether I use passthrough for speed or shrink the file with audiocopy .

hi cwt, no imgbrn seems to have mind of its own. anyways I think have disabled its autoload as was getting irritating. I checked another non disney blu-ray to make sure blu-ray ripping still working which is still the case. I must say gave it a shot to play the iso via the cambridge 751 and that works very nicely too.

so definitely this seems a disney disc thing. I'll have to try mjrs suggestions when get a chance next. just have dvdcopy and blu-ray copy cwt, which have been using to go straight to iso via dvdfab.

for whatever reason imgbrn always comes up with disc is copy righted if try an do an iso with it. perhaps the freebie version doesnt work and have to pay for it or register it or something.

#69 Mjr69

Mjr69

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Quote: "for whatever reason imgbrn always comes up with disc is copy righted if try an do an iso with it. perhaps the freebie version doesnt work and have to pay for it or register it or something."

ImgBurn is freeware it just doesn't have a decryptor built in so you can't just make an iso of an un-decrypted iso - they wouldn't make it that easy! :)
I prefer to use it for any isos (after decryption) and for making AVCHDs and have never made a coaster (so far)... For Disney discs I would open DVDFab and clone the result to a 50GB disc which will remove the copy protection. That resultant ISO would burn with imgburn BTW...

#70 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

hehe they dont make it easy do they ! hehe

dont have full dvdfab mjr, only dvd copy, so will give your previous suggestion a run see how I go.

#71 cwt

cwt

AV Forum Member

• 5,741 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

hi cwt, no imgbrn seems to have mind of its own. anyways I think have disabled its autoload as was getting irritating. I checked another non disney blu-ray to make sure blu-ray ripping still working which is still the case. I must say gave it a shot to play the iso via the cambridge 751 and that works very nicely too.

so definitely this seems a disney disc thing. I'll have to try mjrs suggestions when get a chance next. just have dvdcopy and blu-ray copy cwt, which have been using to go straight to iso via dvdfab.

for whatever reason imgbrn always comes up with disc is copy righted if try an do an iso with it. perhaps the freebie version doesnt work and have to pay for it or register it or something.

imgburn has done that to me ; gave dvdfab administrator rights with windows 7 and everything asks permission before running now ;if connected at all ? windows help assures me its more security :D As mjr says once dvdfab strips/ loses the drm bd live crap imgburn shouldnt say copyright issues. Hd decrypter is a few months behind the latest cinavia rubbish but you have bd copy which is up to date so if the disney disc doesnt work Ide report it at the dvdfab forum and give them your internal logs so fengtao can fix it http://forum.dvdfab.com/

Anyone who uses DVDFab able to make a bluray rip into an XVID AVI keeping the 5.1 (or HD) audio track?

Cant help much Dansdans but when I trialed the xvid with bdripper the lossless codecs couldnt be done ;only lossy .. Have you tried all the profiles like audiocopy if its on the edit page when you use the converter ?