• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at a mates unit in Thredbo.

Only digital reception he gets is ABC and SBS. The opinion of the seven blokes there that week was that there is a transmitter or whatever at the top of the mountain and the commercial channels simply need to hook into that and all will be good.

Suggested it's a bit more complex than that...

What is required to get all digital FTA channels in Thredbo (and indeed similar places)?

Thanks
Blairy

#2 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Only digital reception he gets is ABC and SBS. The opinion of the seven blokes there that week was that there is a transmitter or whatever at the top of the mountain and the commercial channels simply need to hook into that and all will be good.

What is required to get all digital FTA channels in Thredbo (and indeed similar places)?

Thanks
Blairy

Individual transmitters for each network, a combiner (if using a common antenna array), microwave/satellite/off-air links to receive the feeds from each network's distribution point, sufficient power-supply to run it all (plus back-up power generator), telemetry system to monitor systems/transmitters, linked back to the networks' master control, cabling, connectors, etc.

Oh.... and the money to fund it all.

#3 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,647 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

blairy,
The reality is that currently there is at Eagles Nest Restaurant MT CRACKENBACK NSW;
ABN 33 Digital
SBS 30 Digital
Analog
SBS31
ABN34
CTC40
WIN43
CBN46

All horzontally polarised.
The commercials will be on air prior to 30th June 2012.

AlanH

#4 Crowley

Crowley

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

You can't be skiing hard enough if you awake enough to watch TV, a few more runs down Highnoon dodging the boarders will fix that

Thanks
Blairy

#5 htnut

htnut

AV Forum Member

• 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

All horzontally polarised.
The commercials will be on air prior to 30th June 2012.

AlanH

Do you how much before 30th June 2012? I have tried asking the stations but they do not reply to my emails
Analogue reception in Thredbo is shocking, especially channel 7

#6 Digital Penetration

Digital Penetration

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Why is this in the ACT Viewer's forum?