2 replies to this topic

#1 NapoleonDynamite

NapoleonDynamite

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Hi guys,

It's been a long time between posts - I'm hoping you guys can help me out once again!

I've got a Windows 7 Media Center up and running with dual tuners. Everything appears to be working just fine (I'm almost there, then I'll image this bugger!) except for ABC reception. Specifically, it is ALL ABC channels (2, 21, 22, 23, 24) that are showing random stuttering. In summary the stuttering is unwatchable. All other TV channels work just fine.

When I go to Guide > Edit Channels > Edit Source or whatever it is, it shows the ABC channels Quality at 99% for both tuners, for each of the ABC channels.

I've rescanned TV channels and ensured only the recent scanned sources are appearing for each channel.

Any ideas guys? Is the signal too strong or something like that (ie: 99%)?

Software: Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit (Clean Install, Genuine), MCE Standby Tool 0.9.100 (W7 Beta), Zonealarm Personal Firewall, AVG Free Edition, IceTV Trial.
Hardware: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD AM2 5600+, 2GB, AverMedia A16A/A16AR PCI Hybrid DVB-T TV tuners (*2), GeForce 7900GS 256MB, external aerial (I live in an apartment).

NB: I have a Sony TV with built in digital tuner. This is plugged into the same wall outlet for the aerial in the apartment (wall outlet has 3 inputs for aerials). Digital TV from the TV works absolutely perfect on ALL channels, including ABC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray.

#2 charlesc

charlesc

DTV Forums Member

• 2,612 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

Ray, as noted on the other forum...

Suggest running the tuner device with a third party application like TSReader Lite to see whether it behaves OK. In other words, to see whether it's a tuner or Media Center issue.

#3 kimbor

kimbor

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

hi Ray

There are 2 things that could be causing your issue.

1. you are getting signal for the ABC from both the Tuggeranong and Weston Creek/Woden transmitters on Freq 746.5MHz, broadcast channel 59. If you are getting signal from both of these transmitters they will "cancel each other out" .

2. you are getting your signal from the Black Mountain Tower and your media center receiver is not automatically getting the channel offset of the broadcast frequency, and you would need to manually input it. (it's on channel 9A and the frequency is 205.625MHz)

I think it's probably the former if you're getting such high quality signal

but since the TV works perfectly... check the broadcast channel for the ABC on your TV and make sure that the pc is getting the same one. If it still doesnt work, use the antenna supplied with the pc tv receiver not the external one.

Cheers
Kimberley