• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ranant

ranant

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

Any body Know of any issues with digital tuner.I have tried 2.Same problem.No signal or picture break up.HD set top box input into AV1 on tv is fine????

Thanks

#2 kulfi

kulfi

AV Forum Member

• 4,395 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Looks to me like a weak tuner that's common to the entire batch of Bauhn TVs. If I were you, I'd consider giving it back or planning to use it through a PVR at all times.

#3 Megilu

Megilu

AV Forum Member

• 51 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Any body Know of any issues with digital tuner.I have tried 2.Same problem.No signal or picture break up.HD set top box input into AV1 on tv is fine????

Thanks

I have had nothing but trouble with my Bauhn!! I am so sick of it. I returned it to Sydney two weeks ago, and have heard nothing from the service co. Grand Services. I would NEVER EVER buy another electrical item from Aldi. We have no tv repairer where I live, so I have to return it to Sydney. This is the 2nd time I have had to return it, I was told I would have it back in a week's time, sure!.. I had a tv expert come in before I returned it, it cost me $40 for him to tell me it had a faulty tuner...If you have had it under 3 months, then I would suggest you return it to Aldi..They are not worth the money, and nothing but trouble.. I could not get HDOne or C10 at all, just pixellated all the time...Shocking...Take my advise, and return it..I wish I had!!

#4 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

I've seen faulty tuners on these TV's, mostly caused by poor soldering.. cracked joints causing intermittent contact.

Basically... cheap rubbish!

#5 phoenixman78

phoenixman78

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Wow buy a dirt cheap TV from Aldi and it turns out to be a piece of junk, shock horror. You get what you pay for.

#6 Megilu

Megilu

AV Forum Member

• 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Wow buy a dirt cheap TV from Aldi and it turns out to be a piece of junk, shock horror. You get what you pay for.

If I had known then what I know now, I would never ever purchased it.. I wouldn't consider $799 cheap.. I could have bought a Samsung since then, for less.. My tv man told me that Samsung have less problems than any other tv, and he thoroughly recommended it. He is only a repair tv man, not an agent for anyone. wish I had know all this sooner... :angry:

Edited by Megilu, 24 October 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#7 wrangler

wrangler

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Do you have a PVR?
Run it thru the PVR's tuner and chalk it all up to experience.

Have you tried using a signal amplifier?
About $40 from DSE and can return in 14 days if no help (with packaging still looking good).

If it's any consolation, I've had problems with big brands as well.
AND paying more is no guarantee of no problems.

#8 Megilu

Megilu

AV Forum Member

• 51 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

Do you have a PVR?
Run it thru the PVR's tuner and chalk it all up to experience.

Have you tried using a signal amplifier?
About $40 from DSE and can return in 14 days if no help (with packaging still looking good).

If it's any consolation, I've had problems with big brands as well.
AND paying more is no guarantee of no problems.

Thank you for your post. I have friends that have paid over $2000 for a tv, and they have had problems from the start. So, yes paying more does not guarantee a thing!
I have had the Bauhn for 14 months, and after the first time I had problems with it, had it repaired (supposedly) and rec'd it back, I still had problems, after contacting them they told me I had to return it again, this time to Sydney..I have been using it via a HD set top box since it was returned the first time in Feb, I decided I was sick of packing it up and returning it, so I thought I would continue to use it via hdstb..But in the end I was so annoyed I decided to get it repaired AGAIN, and I am still waiting to hear from either Tempo or Grand Services (who repair for Tempo/Aldi).. I am no spring chicken and this is really driving me insane, with having to pack it up, unpack it, set it up again, then pack it up again, unpack it, (WHEN I get it back) and set it up again.. I am so fed up, and will it be fixed up when I do finally get it back...Stuffed if I know..

Would a signal amplifier make any difference when the tv has a faulty tuner? It has already cost me $58 to find out that the tuner is faulty..

Edited by Megilu, 25 October 2010 - 08:32 AM.