Photo

Mediastar Hdx 9100 Does This Box Work With Foxtel?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

Selectv will cease operations soon and have made some deal with foxtel and austar for selects subs. My question is will my mediastar hdx 9100 terestrial + sat stb work with a foxtel card?

#2 BamBBBam

BamBBBam

DTV Forums Member

• 1,003 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

It does, currently movie channels are not working. Looking into a fix for this.

#3 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

It does, currently movie channels are not working. Looking into a fix for this.

had movie channels worked b4 or not at all? Is any other issues?

#4 BamBBBam

BamBBBam

DTV Forums Member

• 1,003 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

Just stopped a few days ago.

- Now & Next EPG

No other real problems..

#5 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

- Now & Next EPG
ok thank you
No other real problems..

#6 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

[quote name='BamBBBam' date='Aug 21 2010, 12:12 PM' post='1602038']

- Now & Next EPG
have another Q
foxtel tech called me to confirm ..
He said that he has to instal 2 cables from dish to the foxbox what do i do with 2 cables when mediastar box has only 1 sat/dish connector?

#7 DrP

DrP

DTV Forums Master

• 19,883 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:00 AM

Leave one unplugged.

#8 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

Leave one unplugged.

Ok, thats straight forward, as i thought it is 2 cables for recording right? That transponder thingy.
Thank you DrP

#9 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

Leave one unplugged.

#10 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

Leave one unplugged.

Ok, thats straight forward, as i thought it is 2 cables for recording right? That transponder thingy.
Thank you DrP

#11 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

Sorry for multiple posts usure what happened i should thow phone and invest in computer

#12 DrP

DrP

DTV Forums Master

• 19,883 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Two separate cables let you access (watch and / or record) content on different polarities. With only one input you obviously can't do that so when you are watching say TV1, you can only record something else on horizontal such as FOX8 (and depending upon the limitations of the PVR perhaps only on the same transponder, ie it has only one tuner).

#13 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

Two separate cables let you access (watch and / or record) content on different polarities. With only one input you obviously can't do that so when you are watching say TV1, you can only record something else on horizontal such as FOX8 (and depending upon the limitations of the PVR perhaps only on the same transponder, ie it has only one tuner).

Ok cool, i understand.
Thanks you again DrP

#14 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

Foxtel came today as soon as he left, the mediastar was connected foxbow number keyed in a blind scan was performed hey presto just like magic

Thank you again
BamBBBam and DrP

#15 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

The magic has ended, i can get all foxtel channels except the Disney channel, when i go to disney a message says 'channel scrambled' (no picture no sound but epg is correct) then the mediastar box freezes then after a min or so it (the box) reboots its self, i conected fox box again to see if disney was working it was
any ideas?

#16 BamBBBam

BamBBBam

DTV Forums Member

• 1,003 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

Disney ok here.. Movie channels still no ok.

Waiting for a firmware update from Mediastar, methinks..

#17 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

im going to (on monday) factory default, re install the latest firmware and try again, if nothing then i will call the frendly mediastar guy, you never know. Will post then let you know if its a go

#18 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

forget firmware update, after talking to mediastar guy he said foxtel decoders from the sat was encrypted diffrently and no future up date would be a fix as the manufactures of the box wont update the way it (the box) handels encryption thats how i understood it
so i got a door stop thanks mediastar and thanks selectv

#19 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

Now have multiroom with a standard box with a blue card in bedroom. Connected mediastar box, disney channel worked, movie channels didnt iq box in lounge room has orange card connect mediastar no disney and movie channels work but freeze after 5min or so, is it the encryption on the different cards whats going on?

#20 DrP

DrP

DTV Forums Master

• 19,883 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

The cards behave differently. Using a 3rd party receiver for Foxtel (and moreso Austar at the moment) is always going to be a PITA and IMO not recommended for the average person. If you are not using a CAM your sole remedy is an update from mediastar. If you are using a CAM, you could try to find patched / updated firmware for it, or perhaps a different make / model of CAM. Given the relative rarity of NDS capable CAMs, I can't see you having much joy there either.

#21 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

The cards behave differently. Using a 3rd party receiver for Foxtel (and moreso Austar at the moment) is always going to be a PITA and IMO not recommended for the average person. If you are not using a CAM your sole remedy is an update from mediastar. If you are using a CAM, you could try to find patched / updated firmware for it, or perhaps a different make / model of CAM. Given the relative rarity of NDS capable CAMs, I can't see you having much joy there either.

arrrh, damm you selectv and foxtel, could you explain 'CAMs' to me please.
thank you again DrP

#22 DrP

DrP

DTV Forums Master

• 19,883 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

Conditional Access Module. A widget that slips into the slots on your receiver, into which you put your subscription card.

#23 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Conditional Access Module. A widget that slips into the slots on your receiver, into which you put your subscription card.

thank you for the link, most helpful once again

#24 doyle63

doyle63

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

On demand worked fine even recorded inception to the tb

#25 heyhey

heyhey

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

There may not be many NDS capable cams on the market but there are NDS capable receivers like Dreambox, UltraPlus and Mediastar to name a few. Their internal card slots support NDS and the UltraPlus also supports Austar cards!