124 replies to this topic

#1 Spero D.

Spero D.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Just showed at the High End Show in Munich-

Also getting a first showing at Munch was the NA7004 Network Audio Player. This ingenious device seamlessly bridges the world of hi-fi and new media. Whether music is stored on your PC or your iPhone, whether you want to listen to Last.fm, Napster or vTuner for internet radio, maybe even FM, DAB or DAB+, the NA7004 embraces it all. And, thanks to its use of Marantz proprietary audio output stage technology including HDAMs and power supplies, the NA7004 delivers the latest formats at audiophile quality. The NA7004 will become available in October 2010.

http://www.hdfever.f...marantz-na7004/
http://www.flickr.co...807069/sizes/o/

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it has digital outputs, but with its internal DACs it might be a shame not to use them.

#2 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,559 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Just showed at the High End Show in Munich-

http://www.hdfever.f...marantz-na7004/
http://www.flickr.co...807069/sizes/o/

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it has digital outputs, but with its internal DACs it might be a shame not to use them.

Nice mate.......

could be another import from Singapore..............

#3 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,181 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

could be another import from Singapore..............

Will that work?

#4 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,559 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Will that work?

Cheers mate will have to suss it, might end up listening to Tokyo Rose........ :lol:

#5 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

Cheers mate will have to suss it, might end up listening to Tokyo Rose........ :lol:

Buy it! buy it! buy it!

I'm thinking of building a PC for DAB+ and media streaming.. This might just negate the need for that build now (if the price is right that is).

Off to google translate to understand what it says.. :lol:

#6 Spero D.

Spero D.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

It's going to be a long wait :(

#7 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

It's going to be a long wait :(

Why?

#8 Spero D.

Spero D.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Why?

Because I want it now :D

#9 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Because I want it now :D

So true.. :lol:

Eager to hear reviews... esp if somebody in Perth is gonna get one...

#10 DigitalRadioNow

DigitalRadioNow

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:08 AM

Is an AM tuner included?

#11 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Is an AM tuner included?

Some of the AM stations (at least in Perth) have corresponding DAB or Internet.. so should suffice?

#12 DigitalRadioNow

DigitalRadioNow

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Some of the AM stations (at least in Perth) have corresponding DAB or Internet.. so should suffice?

True, all commercial and ABC stations are replicated on digital, but Marantz being a quality manufacturer, I'd like to see them go to the effort of a unit that includes both DAB+ as well as AM and FM. Quality AM tuners are hard to find, Marantz needs to continue with production of such pieces.

#13 g12345567

g12345567

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

True, all commercial and ABC stations are replicated on digital, but Marantz being a quality manufacturer, I'd like to see them go to the effort of a unit that includes both DAB+ as well as AM and FM. Quality AM tuners are hard to find, Marantz needs to continue with production of such pieces.

Key specs:

* DNLA 1.5 support
* WAV. FLAC, MP3, AAC, WMA, MPEG-4 support
* DAB/DAB+/FM RDS tuner
* Internet radio/Napster/v.tuner support
* USB input with iPod digital interface
* iPod Touch/iPhone web control
* M-XPort (can be used with optional RX101 wireless Bluetooth audio module)
* CS4392 DAC
* DAC mode - 3 digital inputs: coax; optical; USB Type B direct PC connection
* Direct symmetric circuit architecture with HDAM2

No AM radio tuner. So will have limited market over here since DAB+ is only available in a capital cities at the moment.

Edited by g12345567, 11 June 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#14 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I think they will still come with AM tuners. As DAB+ is only available in the major capital cities and by removing the AM tuner a majority of the country will not beable to get any of the AM radio stations. Thus limiting there sales of this model.

From another thread, details.

It just says: DAB/DAB+/FM RDS tuner

No mention of AM...

I still keep a FM/AM radio handy, in case of emergencies :ninja:

Edited by treblid, 11 June 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#15 g12345567

g12345567

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

From another thread, details.

It just says: DAB/DAB+/FM RDS tuner

No mention of AM...

I still keep a FM/AM radio handy, in case of emergencies :ninja:

Price seems high for just a multimedia audio player. @ 699.90 or $1,200 australin dollars but it may be cheaper closer to release date.

#16 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Price seems high for just a multimedia audio player. @ 699.90 or $1,200 australin dollars but it may be cheaper closer to release date.

I can almost bet it'd be more than $1200 here...

If DIY a computer specifically as a multimedia audio player... It will not be far off the $1k mark too...

So really if it's $1,200 this might actually be a cheaper option....

#17 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

If DIY a computer specifically as a multimedia audio player... It will not be far off the $1k mark too...

So really if it's $1,200 this might actually be a cheaper option....

Depends, a media streamer like the wd live is just hundred bucks or so. Re price anyones guess. The av8003 marantz sells for 2k GNP in the uk, but 5.5k here. So this could end up a lot more expensive here. There is also the rotel unit that's pretty similar. Not sure if any cheaper or more expensive.

#18 Spero D.

Spero D.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

+1

Better picture of it here-

http://twitpic.com/1v8z6d/full

Can't wait to get it. The Marantz IMO looks like Quality :)

I'll be keepng my Sony ST-SA5ES as well as a backup for those stations that DAB misses out.

BTW Al the Rotel 1520 which keeps getting delayed now has a Aussie RRP of $1300 according to APA.

Edited by Spero D., 12 June 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#19 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

Depends, a media streamer like the wd live is just hundred bucks or so. Re price anyones guess. The av8003 marantz sells for 2k GNP in the uk, but 5.5k here. So this could end up a lot more expensive here. There is also the rotel unit that's pretty similar. Not sure if any cheaper or more expensive.

Quite impressed with the WD Live TBH.. But needs a screen.. :( And no web server to connect to. How cool is it to control it with the iPad? :ninja:

Also I prefer coax digital, but have no idea how to splice the HDMI into a coax RCA...

Then I need a DAC... And that's where it gets too confusing for me.

But that's definitely one thing for me to consider!! :D No internet radio or DAB+ with typical media streamers though.

Go for it!! :ninja: Will be available end July probably.. And only in black.. :(

Am interested to hear thoughts about this product..

#20 Spero D.

Spero D.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

Go for it!! :ninja: Will be available end July probably.. And only in black.. :(

Where did you read that as all the overseas reports are saying September/October? I'll give Qualifi a call on Tuesday and see if they have any info.

Edited by Spero D., 12 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#21 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:02 AM

Where did you read that as all the overseas reports are saying September/October? I'll give Qualifi a call on Tuesday and see if they have any info.

:lol: I think i'm getting too ahead of myself... Will know more details end July. Not availble... And it's only the earliest probable date.

Any shots of the back?

Keep us posted on what Qualifi says.. thx.

#22 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

Quite impressed with the WD Live TBH.. But needs a screen.. :( And no web server to connect to. How cool is it to control it with the iPad? :ninja:

Also I prefer coax digital, but have no idea how to splice the HDMI into a coax RCA...

Then I need a DAC... And that's where it gets too confusing for me.

But that's definitely one thing for me to consider!! :D No internet radio or DAB+ with typical media streamers though.

why need a screen for the wdlive ? Just running it via hdmi to the denon it runs audio and video to the plasma. don't need coax etc either
http://reviews.cnet....7-34117510.html

Just a subtle little box and don't need a dac as it uses the dac in the denon as well. Ps by the way media streaming wise what your denon has itself worth considering.

The denon gives you Internet radio too, plus don't hang too many hopes re dab+ reception is pretty pox unless like me and can see the towers. Plus audio quality is pretty variable depending on the broadcaster. The one I listen too koffee is pretty good but can stream off the net for that one don't necessarily have to get dab+ for it.

#23 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:12 PM

+1

Better picture of it here-

http://twitpic.com/1v8z6d/full

I'll be keepng my Sony ST-SA5ES as well as a backup for those stations that DAB misses out.

BTW Al the Rotel 1520 which keeps getting delayed now has a Aussie RRP of $1300 according to APA.

Treb there's your pic in black.

Wonder why rotel keeps rolling back release ?

Not cheap really. Mainly because of media capability prob.

#24 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• 16,181 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

why need a screen for the wdlive ? Just running it via hdmi to the denon it runs audio and video to the plasma. don't need coax etc either

I'm trying to setup a second 2 channel system... And there's no display for that..

Have the basics working...Just trying to decide on a source.. This might be it.. Or a DIY solution...

Treb there's your pic in black.

Back, not black. :P

Wonder why rotel keeps rolling back release ?

Prob to perfect it.. No need to rush out things that's buggy, etc..

Not cheap really. Mainly because of media capability prob.

Did u notice the USB? 5V/1A? I thought usually USB ports are 500mA? Didn't realise about DAB+ issues.. I have yet to try DAB..

Edited by treblid, 12 June 2010 - 04:33 PM.

#25 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

Treb, dab+ still infancy, have no idea what it's like where you are, might be worth investing in something a bit more cheaper firs to see if worth the expense before shelling out on something like this. Not sure if follow the dab+ news but can be sure that there will be additional standards eg for either drm or dmb.

Same with a 2ch setup, if your first, see if can pull together something with some affordable components, that way if find not really your thing and don't really end up spending a lot of time with it no too much a loss and all soon flogged off at about what you paid. Plenty of bargains on eBay and for about the cost of this entire device 2nd hand reckon could pull something together pretty decent.

That's not to hold you back buying something like this. If does take your fancy and must have it hehe then go for it !