Samsung Ps63c7000

• Please log in to reply
5562 replies to this topic

#26 Drizt

Drizt

AV Forum Member

• 5,930 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

Early reports suggest that 2010 Samsung Plasmas may have inferior black levels to the 2009 models, especially the 3D models. If this turns out to be true itís a big step in the wrong direction.

Considering the 2009 models weren't great for black (in light controlled rooms) your very right.

**** hey, can only buy what is available. No point whinging about things we have no influence over.

#27 Gester

Gester

AV Forum Member

• 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Price has gone back up to $3749 with 5yr warranty at Digital Centre. Apparently only the first batch they had allocated was at the $3499 price. Lame.

http://www.digitalce...-new-model.html

Edited by Gester, 29 April 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#28 BusterB

BusterB

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Considering the 2009 models weren't great for black (in light controlled rooms) your very right.

-
Sorry Drizt, I would disagree with that, I played Dark Knight bluray during the day for my boy a week ago - blinds open etc etc, had my daytime adjusted "Standard" setting used - superb picture quality / black levels.

My 2 cents.

BB

#29 Drizt

Drizt

AV Forum Member

• 5,930 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

No problems. I have a B650 50" and the blacks aren't great even after having a tinker with the various settings. Black level and shadow detail are the two down falls of the tv compared to my old pana 800A

-
Sorry Drizt, I would disagree with that, I played Dark Knight bluray during the day for my boy a week ago - blinds open etc etc, had my daytime adjusted "Standard" setting used - superb picture quality / black levels.

My 2 cents.

BB

#30 Geforce

Geforce

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

Early reports suggest that 2010 Samsung Plasmas may have inferior black levels to the 2009 models, especially the 3D models. If this turns out to be true itís a big step in the wrong direction.

That's why I'm waiting for a review on a U.S. PN**C8000 plasma which supposedly is closer to our PS**C7000 model.

Some people in this thread, http://www.avsforum.....php?p=18438751 are disappointed with the black level of the PN50C7000 model.

Also, does anyone know for sure that we are not getting a PS**C8000 later in the year?

I'm wondering now if the reason why Samsung have aggressive pricing and a generous bonus scheme so soon after launch is partially because they know their 3D plasmas are inferior to Panasonic's?
I wish Panasonic had the 2D->3D conversion because I have seen it in action (a hi-def soccer match and a bluray concert) and although it's not great, I still like it and I think it would be a nice gimmick for gaming on an xbox360 console. I haven't seen full on 3D on a hdtv yet.

I'm mostly interested in 3D and 2D->3D viewing for gaming. I would probably watch the occasional movie in 3D but I'm not hyped up about it.
Another question I have is, does 3D gaming produce more input lag?

#31 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 12,056 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

-

By "light controlled" I expect he meant dim to dark, in a dark environment no current TV comes close to black.

For daylight and lights on viewing black level is dominated by the effectiveness of screen filter, for Sammy Plasma's the B450 and B550 are poor (just like the Panasonic range), the B650 is marginally better and the B850 is good. Samsungs better LCD's have superior screen filters and therefore have visibly much better blacks in a lit environment, the screens look darker than the black bezil.

#32 digimark

digimark

AV Forum Member

• 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

...Record your favourite HD TV shows by plugging in a USB memory drive or HDD into the TVís USB port. Simply select which show to record, download them onto the drive, and then plug the drive into a PC. Now you can watch your favourite shows in HD wherever you go!

Not quite that simple, unfortunately. From the manual...

- - - clip - - -
NOTE
x Recorded videos are DRM (digital rights management) protected and cannot be played on a PC or other TVs, nor can
they be played when the main board of the TV is changed.

x Data broadcasts cannot be recorded.
x The Timeshift Mode operates for a maximum of 90 minutes.
x ...
- - - clip - - -

The timeshift function is certainly useful generally, and the PVR function as a whole represents a very useful "3rd tuner/timer" for those occasions required (when your "real" PVR is already busy). The DRM policy is still somewhat disappointing however...

#33 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Some of the online retailers are saying it will be available in May, so if this is true that's when it will start showing up in bricks and mortar retailers as well.

Please........
Online Shop.....Which one will be better to by ~~58 C-7000~~~
And NOW.....What is the gift inside....(Sure includ Bonus Gift)and more2 glass and 3D player.....?????
Thanks

#34 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,597 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

That's why I'm waiting for a review on a U.S. PN**C8000 plasma which supposedly is closer to our PS**C7000 model.

Some people in this thread, http://www.avsforum.....php?p=18438751 are disappointed with the black level of the PN50C7000 model.

Also, does anyone know for sure that we are not getting a PS**C8000 later in the year?

I'm wondering now if the reason why Samsung have aggressive pricing and a generous bonus scheme so soon after launch is partially because they know their 3D plasmas are inferior to Panasonic's?
I wish Panasonic had the 2D->3D conversion because I have seen it in action (a hi-def soccer match and a bluray concert) and although it's not great, I still like it and I think it would be a nice gimmick for gaming on an xbox360 console. I haven't seen full on 3D on a hdtv yet.

I'm mostly interested in 3D and 2D->3D viewing for gaming. I would probably watch the occasional movie in 3D but I'm not hyped up about it.
Another question I have is, does 3D gaming produce more input lag?

I don't know how you have come to this conclusion.
You make it sound that the new Pana TV's are the new Kuro which they definitely are not.
I have been keeping close tabs with "Bill" on AVS who I have spoken to before on other matters. He is a very good judge of TV performance and has similar appreciation of TV as I do.
Bill has the 3d plasma Sammy 50' 7000 and is wrapped with it. He loves using the 2d to 3d conversion(not a feature on the Pana..surprise surprise) and tells me it needs to be seen to be believed.
Asked him about 2d pq and blacks and says I won't be dissapointed especially with the OZ 63 7000 which has the clear screen film and new black filter and is identical to their 8000.

Edited by CC Rider, 29 April 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#35 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

Please........
Online Shop.....Which one will be better to by ~~58 C-7000~~~
And NOW.....What is the gift inside....(Sure includ Bonus Gift)and more2 glass and 3D player.....?????
Thanks

You should get the 3D starter pack (2 sets of glasses and Monsters vs Aliens in 3D BD) when you buy the TV, and then you register to get the promo offer of the 3D BD player and 2 sets of glasses.

As to which online retailer, I'm not sure but it's worth doing a search on the retailer's name to see if people have had any problems with them.

You can also try to get a normal store to price match an online retailer. It has been known to happen

Edited by purpleninja, 29 April 2010 - 08:12 PM.

#36 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

I have been keeping close tabs with "Bill" on AVS who I have spoken to before on other matters. He is a very good judge of TV performance and has similar appreciation of TV as I do.
Bill has the 3d plasma Sammy 50' 7000 and is wrapped with it. He loves using the 2d to 3d conversion and tells me it needs to be seen to be believed.
Asked him about 2d pq and blacks and says I won't be dissapointed especially with the OZ 63 7000 which has the clear screen film and new black filter and is identical ro their 8000.

Now that's useful info!!

I was seriously considering the plasmas based on the aggressive pricing, and was waiting for some decent reviews. This makes them sound like they're definitely worth considering on image grounds, let alone the pricing.

#37 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

You should get the 3D starter pack (2 sets of glasses and Monsters vs Aliens in 3D BD) when you buy the TV, and then you register to get the promo offer of the 3D BD player and 2 sets of glasses.

As to which online retailer, I'm not sure but it's worth doing a search on the retailer's name to see if people have had any problems with them.

You can also try to get a normal store to price match an online retailer. It has been known to happen

purpleninja................Thanks for your reply.
Do you have any news about Pn58c7000 release day????
Thanks again..

#38 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Now that's useful info!!

I was seriously considering the plasmas based on the aggressive pricing, and was waiting for some decent reviews. This makes them sound like they're definitely worth considering on image grounds, let alone the pricing.

purpleninja................>>One more Question...
Would you mind recommend some online store to me (No need cheapest price)Because I need to ship it out of Au to use...
Thanks for your help!

#39 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

purpleninja................>>One more Question...
Would you mind recommend some online store to me (No need cheapest price)Because I need to ship it out of Au to use...
Thanks for your help!

They don't all show the 3D plasmas on their website yet but there are plenty of well established e-tailers:

streamaster
jbhifi online
the electrical discounter

Edited by purpleninja, 29 April 2010 - 10:01 PM.

#40 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

They don't all show the 3D plasmas on their website yet but there are plenty of well established e-tailers:

streamaster
jbhifi online
the electrical discounter

Thank you SIR!!!

#41 Gester

Gester

AV Forum Member

• 63 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

Thank you SIR!!!

Digitalcentre are the cheapest: http://www.digitalce...-plasma-tv.html

Followed by http://shop.gameon.n...---due-may.html

#42 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

You might want to do a search on at least one of those e-tailers (say on whirlpool) before deciding whether to use them or not.

#43 Jayman7

Jayman7

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

Got mine on order through digital centre. Managed to place my order the first day they posted. Getting it for $3498 with 5 year warranty. They have told me and two others at my work that the delivery date is the first couple of weeks of May. I cancelled my order of the pana 58"v to switch to this plasma. Looking forward to the free pair of glasses/MvA and I've already entered my email address for the free 3d bluray plyr/2 pairs of glasses. I don't think a better deal can be found. Panasonic will really have to impress with quality and giveways when their 58's and 65's finally ship towards the end of the year.

#44 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:47 AM

Gester....
Thanks for your info!!

#45 Mick Lam

Mick Lam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

You might want to do a search on at least one of those e-tailers (say on whirlpool) before deciding whether to use them or not.

purpleninja...........
You have not recommend this two online store to me....may be have some reason??

#46 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

purpleninja...........
You have not recommend this two online store to me....may be have some reason??

I haven't heard much about gameon.net so I didn't put them down.

I recommend doing a search on whirlpool for any online retailer you are considering purchasing a large item from. If people have good or bad experiences with them you will find info on there.

#47 Gester

Gester

AV Forum Member

• 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

I haven't heard much about gameon.net so I didn't put them down.

I recommend doing a search on whirlpool for any online retailer you are considering purchasing a large item from. If people have good or bad experiences with them you will find info on there.

Digitalcentre is hit and miss. Quite alot of people dont have any problem - yet some have extremely bad issues. Personally it should be used to match with other retailers :)

Pity about the price going back up to $3749 though :(

#48 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,597 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

Got mine on order through digital centre. Managed to place my order the first day they posted. Getting it for $3498 with 5 year warranty. They have told me and two others at my work that the delivery date is the first couple of weeks of May. I cancelled my order of the pana 58"v to switch to this plasma. Looking forward to the free pair of glasses/MvA and I've already entered my email address for the free 3d bluray plyr/2 pairs of glasses. I don't think a better deal can be found. Panasonic will really have to impress with quality and giveways when their 58's and 65's finally ship towards the end of the year.

hope it goes well for you.

Have you asked them who their extended warranty is through.

I would check the credentials of that free warranty.

#49 attilathepun

attilathepun

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

I have had this sitting in a checkout basket at gameon for the last few days. At $3500 delivered, its a great price, but my hand has been stayed because i) I have never heard of these guys and can't find much feedback about them anywhere and ii) buying a TV sight unseen is rarely a good idea IMO.

Still, I keep lingering over the "checkout" button :lol:

#50 johnjones

johnjones

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

The only differences between the series 7 and 8 3D plasmas in the US are the "Real Black Filter" and "Brushed Titanium/Black Finish". Since the Series 7 in Australia has that filter, I'm guessing we're not getting a series 8 this year.
I'm just surprised they're so cheap compared to Panasonic's 2010 lineup.