5562 replies to this topic

#1 Andy0217

Andy0217

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

Hi Folks,

Has anyone seen or know of where I can see the PS63C7000 in Melbourne?

To be honest not even sure if these have been released to retailers yet...any online reviews yet?

I not so much interested in 3D, but reckon this unit will be great for the footy...

Cheers Andrew...

#2 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

Some of the online retailers are saying it will be available in May, so if this is true that's when it will start showing up in bricks and mortar retailers as well.

#3 boofhead

boofhead

AV Forum Member

• 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Some of the online retailers are saying it will be available in May, so if this is true that's when it will start showing up in bricks and mortar retailers as well.

Some information from a US based forum on the 7000 and 8000 series (there seems to be indications that the AU 7000 is basically the same as the US 8000)

http://www.avsforum........821&page=30

#4 Gester

Gester

AV Forum Member

• 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

Prices have been seen to be as low as $3300 for the 63" Plasma already! http://shop.gameon.n...---due-may.html

Not bad at all :)

So in total you get 6 glasses (2 in the starter pack and 2 with the bluray player and 2 with the TV), plus a free 3D Blu-Ray player.

#5 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Prices have been seen to be as low as $3300 for the 63" Plasma already! http://shop.gameon.n...---due-may.html

So in total you get 6 glasses (2 in the starter pack and 2 with the bluray player and 2 with the TV), plus a free 3D Blu-Ray player.

would have to be the bargain purchase atm.
Deducting $550 for retail price of player and BR then you get a 63inch plasma $2750 (plus the added bonus of a 3dtv plus onboard PVR.)which is a huge saving (half the price) on the current 65v10 Pana which is around $5500 with no bonuses.

Edited by CC Rider, 28 April 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#6 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Do you get 2 sets of glasses with the TV?

I thought it was 2 with the starter pack and another 2 with the promo BD player giving a total of 4 sets.

#7 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Deducting $550 for retail price of player and BR then you get a 63inch plasma $2750 (plus the added bonus of a 3dtv plus onboard PVR.)which is a huge saving (half the price) on the current 65v10 Pana which is around $5500 with no bonuses.

Definitely a bargain, and if you factor in the cost of the glasses it's even better.

I was waiting for the C8000 LED backlit LCD to come out so that I could decide between the C7000 and the C8000 LED/LCDs, but with the prices of the 58" and 63" C7000 plasmas I am seriously considering one of them instead.

#8 fuser

fuser

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Does anyone know how these perform with normal 2D HD TV ?

#9 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

I'd be interested in knowing what the power consumption and weight of the C7000 plasmas is like, as I'm considering the 58" or 63".

I know they'll be worse than the LED backlit LCDs but it would be good to know how much the differences are.

Currently the energy consumption and weight info is just TBD for the 58" and 63" on the AU website, and the US website only shows 50" plasmas.

#10 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

I'd be interested in knowing what the power consumption and weight of the C7000 plasmas is like, as I'm considering the 58" or 63".

I know they'll be worse than the LED backlit LCDs but it would be good to know how much the differences are.

Currently the energy consumption and weight info is just TBD for the 58" and 63" on the AU website, and the US website only shows 50" plasmas.

I have read that if your buying a TV for the 3d feature plasma is the way to go.

#11 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I have read that if your buying a TV for the 3d feature plasma is the way to go.

Yep, I've read the same.

But to be honest I can't see us watching a lot of 3D.

It sounds promising, and the 2D-3D conversion of FTA material could add a bit to the experience, but the hassle of having to watch with glasses, and the potential health issues which are being flagged now will mean that we'll probably use it occasionally - maybe 30% of the time.

That said, the price difference is just too much to ignore.

Yes, the LED backlit LCD will use far less energy, but how many lifetimes would you need to run the TV to make up for the 1000s of dollars price difference?

#12 Pebbles

Pebbles

AV Forum Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Yep, I've read the same.

But to be honest I can't see us watching a lot of 3D.

It sounds promising, and the 2D-3D conversion of FTA material could add a bit to the experience, but the hassle of having to watch with glasses, and the potential health issues which are being flagged now will mean that we'll probably use it occasionally - maybe 30% of the time.

That said, the price difference is just too much to ignore.

Yes, the LED backlit LCD will use far less energy, but how many lifetimes would you need to run the TV to make up for the 1000s of dollars price difference?

But does anyone have a clue as to when they will be out, or even in the shops to view?

Ive decided to cancel my 55" LED and move my deposit over to the plasma.

#13 Andy0217

Andy0217

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

So who's this Gameon AV mob?

Anybody dealt with them?

To be honest I am loathed to buy on line, pay up front in full then work my nuts to the grindstone to get delivery...

I would rather walk in, physically see the box, and bust their balls for the deal I want...

#14 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

But does anyone have a clue as to when they will be out, or even in the shops to view?

Ive decided to cancel my 55" LED and move my deposit over to the plasma.

May apparently

#15 diesel

diesel

AV Forum Member

• 13,787 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

Definitely a bargain, and if you factor in the cost of the glasses it's even better.

A definitely good price for a large screen.

#16 Ozivillan

Ozivillan

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

So who's this Gameon AV mob?

Anybody dealt with them?

To be honest I am loathed to buy on line, pay up front in full then work my nuts to the grindstone to get delivery...

I would rather walk in, physically see the box, and bust their balls for the deal I want...

I bought my Series 6 plasma from them about 18 months ago. unit was not availible anywhere here in adelaide to view. and was quoted $3500 to get one in by HN and JB. Gameon's price including delivery was just over $2800. had a waranty issue (power) that was dealt with by authorised samsung repairer here in adelaide. the C7000 priceing is very tempting from Gameon. anyone got a ballpark figure what i should sell my series 6 for (50") :)

Edited by Ozivillan, 28 April 2010 - 09:43 PM.

#17 ahaidary

ahaidary

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

Plasma technology better suits 3D in almost every aspect. However, what causes me some concern is Samsung stating that their LCD/LED Tvís are superior for 3D over their Plasmas. Iíve seen the demo of the LED in 3D and havenít been all that impressed.. What does that say about the Samsung Plasmas??

It doesnít help that I canít find a single review anywhere about the Samsung Plasma 3D component.. If someone can find me a review I would greatly appreciate it. Furthermore, Iíve heard numerous reports that giant US retailer Best Buy are not demoing 3D on the Samsung Plasmaís. Their Demo Tvís are locked and only playing a 2D sample from a usb drive. This has got alarm bells ringing for me.

Iím really keen on getting my hands on the 58Ē 3d Plasma and have seem some dirt cheap prices going around, but until I see one in store, I canít see myself buying blind.

#18 DaveH1

DaveH1

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hi CC Rider,
Do you know how this PVR function is going to work? Will you be able to program the TV to record shows etc?
Cheers,
Dave

#19 Drizt

Drizt

AV Forum Member

• 5,930 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Wow, thats a great price.

Ill hang out for TV's over 70" + to get to under $5k before I upgrade. Anyone know if samsung will have anything bigger than 70" coming out any time soon ?

#20 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hi CC Rider,
Do you know how this PVR function is going to work? Will you be able to program the TV to record shows etc?
Cheers,
Dave

Your best bet would be to just download the manual for the C8000 from the US website, as I'm sure it has detailed info on this

http://www.samsung.c..._sub_class_cd=P

#21 Struggo

Struggo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hi CC Rider,
Cheers,
Dave

Manual here (page 34), http://downloadcente...-01Eng-0412.pdf

Record your favourite HD TV shows by plugging in a USB memory drive or HDD into the TVís USB port. Simply select which show to record, download them onto the drive, and then plug the drive into a PC. Now you can watch your favourite shows in HD wherever you go!

Re Pricing and features, AWESOME :o

Do these new displays handle SD as well as the B Series? I have read elsewhere that it is not the case. :unsure:

Edited by Struggo, 28 April 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#22 purpleninja

purpleninja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

Wow, thats a great price.

Ill hang out for TV's over 70" + to get to under $5k before I upgrade. Anyone know if samsung will have anything bigger than 70" coming out any time soon ?

The 65" LED backlit LCD is the biggest they have planned for 2010, but it's not going to be cheap $7500 RRP.

Maybe in a year or two they might go bigger.

They did release a 70" LCD in 2007 http://www.engadget....on-now-on-sale/ but it wasn't cheap!!

#23 diesel

diesel

AV Forum Member

• 13,787 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Record your favourite HD TV shows by plugging in a USB memory drive or HDD into the TVís USB port. Simply select which show to record, download them onto the drive, and then plug the drive into a PC. Now you can watch your favourite shows in HD wherever you go!

I guess this feature makes them non-FreeView compliant, so they won't be able to make use of the upcoming FreeView 'enhanced" EPG...unless they offer a FW to turn off the PVR feature and enable MHEG5 EPG capabilities

#24 DaveH1

DaveH1

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Manual here (page 34), http://downloadcente...-01Eng-0412.pdf

Re Pricing and features, AWESOME :o

Do these new displays handle SD as well as the B Series? I have read elsewhere that it is not the case. :unsure:

Thanks Struggo,
Regarding pricing and features I agree: awesome.

#25 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 11,981 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Early reports suggest that 2010 Samsung Plasmas may have inferior black levels to the 2009 models, especially the 3D models. If this turns out to be true itís a big step in the wrong direction.