Afl Quality Terrible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fawlty99

fawlty99

DTV Forums Member

• 1,904 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

Not the game but the transmission. Even on the HD channel the AFL was terrible quality. My full HD tv made it look even worse than the hd tv. Also for some reason the picture was slightly narrow than display width but it would change to full width for ads. What's going on?

#2 quijibo

quijibo

DTV Forums Member

• 945 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

I assume you mean the way Carlton played. Got a few more seasons of that rubbish before they're any good.

As for the broadcast, from what I saw it was in SD even on the HD channel in Melbourne.

#3 fawlty99

fawlty99

DTV Forums Member

• 1,904 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

I assume you mean the way Carlton played. Got a few more seasons of that rubbish before they're any good.

As for the broadcast, from what I saw it was in SD even on the HD channel in Melbourne.

football last night was much better quality. Do they use different signal from the mainland or something?

#4 Alista

Alista

DTV Forums Member

• 686 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

football last night was much better quality. Do they use different signal from the mainland or something?

No, Channel 10 was the broadcaster last night and they film the game in HD. The Friday and Sunday games are broadcast by Channel 7 and they don't bother with HD, hence the bad PQ.