Thai Tv: Can't Get It: Need Help

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Hi, I am in trouble, a newby who has stuffed something up. (sob)
I have an Arion AF-3000E Digital satellite receiver, and have been getting Thai TV, up to 3 weeks ago. Now it's gone, along with the other channels that I was getting. Message was 'no signal' or something to that affect.

Now, being a boofhead I started messing with the settings, and ended up putting the Arion back to factory settings.
Satellite selection : Optus B3 (now is D2 in the same position I believe).
Thai TV Global Network tells me these are the settings:
http://www.geo-orbit...zepgs/thai.html
and not understanding squiggle (yes, Dumb!!) I started playing around, editing transponders, ..Oh dear, scanning doesn't show any channels.

At complete contradiction to the Thai TV settings, are in a note that I got from Optus:
Optus downlink frequency for tuning channels: 12706.5 vs Thai 12336
Optus downlink frequency system (what is this??) 12733.5 vs Thai who don't include this setting
Optus Polarisation Vertical, Thai Horizontal
Optus symbol rate 22.5000 vs Thai30.0

Maybe my Arion is broken...but I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!!

Can anyone help me???

Colin

Edited by SPINKSY, 17 March 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#2 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

I have an Arion AF-3000E Digital satellite receiver, and have been getting Thai TV, up to 3 weeks ago. Now it's gone, along with the other channels that I was getting. Message was 'no signal' or something to that affect.

Have you considered maybe there is "No Signal"?

Its possible its settings on your Arion but maybe some part of the cable has come loose, or the dish is off alignment or some such. I'm sure you'll get a few hints on the Arion, but failing that, it might be best to get someone in who can confirm you are getting a signal and then look at tuning the Arion to recieve it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#3 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Have you considered maybe there is "No Signal"?

Its possible its settings on your Arion but maybe some part of the cable has come loose, or the dish is off alignment or some such. I'm sure you'll get a few hints on the Arion, but failing that, it might be best to get someone in who can confirm you are getting a signal and then look at tuning the Arion to recieve it.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Thanks Peter...been getting Thai TV for past 9 years, and a sat guy repositioned the dish some time ago when they changed birds. Maybe get him out again...geeeze costs, may have to wait for old aged pension day next week. Grrr.

#4 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Peter...been getting Thai TV for past 9 years, and a sat guy repositioned the dish some time ago when they changed birds. Maybe get him out again...geeeze costs, may have to wait for old aged pension day next week. Grrr.

Since its all in place, I'd hope it would just be a minimum call out charge. But before that maybe someone can let you know how to test if the arion is getting any signal - you say you've done an auto scan with no result which would suggest the problem is outside the box. Double check your cables to the device and maybe pull out the card you slot in?

Is there a number you can call Arion?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#5 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Since its all in place, I'd hope it would just be a minimum call out charge. But before that maybe someone can let you know how to test if the arion is getting any signal - you say you've done an auto scan with no result which would suggest the problem is outside the box. Double check your cables to the device and maybe pull out the card you slot in?

Is there a number you can call Arion?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Peter, yes, I have phoned Arion and they will test the box at their centre in Lidcombe for a 'service change'. They are good guys, and I have had them repair my Hotchip HD-STB before. I see they have a newer Arion for only $90.00.
Like you, I suspect it's cabling or the dish out of alignment. I will go to have the box tested tomorrow and if it is OK I will have to get a Sat guy in. Do you have any contacts that are good and reasonably priced? The guy I had is out of business or in the Thailand red shirt demonstrations !

#6 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Peter, yes, I have phoned Arion and they will test the box at their centre in Lidcombe for a 'service change'. They are good guys, and I have had them repair my Hotchip HD-STB before. I see they have a newer Arion for only $90.00.
Like you, I suspect it's cabling or the dish out of alignment. I will go to have the box tested tomorrow and if it is OK I will have to get a Sat guy in. Do you have any contacts that are good and reasonably priced? The guy I had is out of business or in the Thailand red shirt demonstrations !

Any chance anyone you know has an arion box nearby? You could plug yours into his rig and try do a scan?

Sorry can't help you on the antenna guy recommendation. From my experience they all seem to be involved just long enough to service your house once. You find someone you like/trust and when you ring up 3 years later they've moved on (could be taking a personal week to oust a despot, now that I hadn't considered) :)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#7 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

SPINKSY,

Can you please confirm which satellite you were watching Thai TV on?

The link you posted has conflicting info: saying Optus B3.. long gone.... and Intelsat 702

If it's Optus D2, that's located at 152deg east.

According to Lyngsat Optus D2 has Thai TV Global Network on 12734 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

What other channels were you getting? (this will help confirm which sat you were on)

There's been a lot of dishes moved in strong winds recently..

Where are you located?

I'll set up a dish & test this arvo for you, once I know which sat you need.

Edited by mtv, 17 March 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#8 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

SPINKSY,

Can you please confirm which satellite you were watching Thai TV on?

The link you posted has conflicting info: saying Optus B3.. long gone.... and Intelsat 702

If it's Optus D2, that's located at 152deg east.

According to Lyngsat Optus D2 has Thai TV Global Network on 12734 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

What other channels were you getting? (this will help confirm which sat you were on)

There's been a lot of dishes moved in strong winds recently..

Where are you located?

I'll set up a dish & test this arvo for you, once I know which sat you need.

Wow, what a nice reply. I am in Caringbah
I was on Optus B3 which changed to Optus D2. 11 August 08 the settings were changed to get Thai TV. These were as you say:
Optus D2 has Thai TV Global Network on 12734 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

Other channels I got included a Christian , what seemed to be a Saudi or middle east channel, TGN (thai Global Network) and a buddah channel (Dhamma or something like that.
Thanks a lot
Colin

Edited by SPINKSY, 17 March 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#9 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Wow, what a nice reply. I am in Caringbah
I was on Optus B3 which changed to Optus D2. 11 August 08 the settings were changed to get Thai TV. These were as you say:
Optus D2 has Thai TV Global Network on 12734 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

Other channels I got included a Christian , what seemed to be a Saudi or middle east channel, TGN (thai Global Network) and a buddah channel (Dhamma or something like that.
Thanks a lot
Colin

I just checked.... all working for Thai TV Global Network on 12733 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

Notice the slight difference in the frequency. This is what my Strong receiver locked onto.

Also, the channel didn't come up automatically in a scan, so I entered the pids manually and it tuned ok then.

So apart from the details above, you'll need to enter VPID 2108 APID 2208 PPID 2108.

If you still need the dish checked for alignment, I can help, but probably not until early next week.

P.S.... By resetting the decoder to factory default, you have erased everything and if the dish is out of alignment, you won't be able to tune anything until it's re-aligned.

I'd be more inclined to suspect the dish/LNB/cabling/connections, but it is of course possible the decoder has a fault.

Personally, I'd have the dish checked first.

Edited by mtv, 17 March 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#10 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

I just checked.... all working for Thai TV Global Network on 12733 V SR 22500 FEC 3/4

Notice the slight difference in the frequency. This is what my Strong receiver locked onto.

Also, the channel didn't come up automatically in a scan, so I entered the pids manually and it tuned ok then.

So apart from the details above, you'll need to enter VPID 2108 APID 2208 PPID 2108.

If you still need the dish checked for alignment, I can help, but probably not until early next week.

Thanks for all your work....I will now go and do these settings....I THINK I can do it....will get back to you.
Cheers
Colin
PS. I agree....the kitten we just got has been rooting around at the back of the cabinet housing all my gear..cables everywhere as you no doubt know about. The composite (errrk) audio leads were out of the back of the arion, but the cable from the wall (read 'dish') is secure with a screw-in connector as is into the Areon. Unless she chewed the cable,,,naaaa. Dish must have moved...after many years? Yep, have the dish checked.

Edited by SPINKSY, 17 March 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#11 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Did all of the settings, but no channel...display showed 'strength 42%' and Quality 0%'
Now for a person to do the dishes!!!
My wife has a friend who just had Thai TV sat installed by a fellow from Laos, cheap as.....so think I'll use him as I have a limited budget.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.

Colin

#12 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

Did all of the settings, but no channel...display showed 'strength 42%' and Quality 0%'
Now for a person to do the dishes!!!
My wife has a friend who just had Thai TV sat installed by a fellow from Laos, cheap as.....so think I'll use him as I have a limited budget.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated.

Colin

No probs, the offer is still there if you can't get this organised by the weekend.
I'm a pro installer.. use a $10K spectrum analyser for precise alignment.

#13 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

No probs, the offer is still there if you can't get this organised by the weekend.
I'm a pro installer.. use a $10K spectrum analyser for precise alignment.

Thnak you .....what are your rates???
Regards
Colin

#14 Torps33

Torps33

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi i am a sat installer and will be in the Miranda area tomorrow if you are interested..PM me and i will give you my details.

#15 SPINKSY

SPINKSY

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hi i am a sat installer and will be in the Miranda area tomorrow if you are interested..PM me and i will give you my details.

All working now thanks to Torps33!!!! Transponder Had a heart attack.

#16 shorepatrol

shorepatrol

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

good day to all this is my first time posting. have just returned to Australia after living in Thailand for the last 5 years.

could anyone please tell me how i can get Thai TV for my Thai wife and if so what channels.

i know nothing about these things. many thanks for any help. i live in ashfield area Sydney.

shorepatrol

#17 Jamiez

Jamiez

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

good day to all this is my first time posting. have just returned to Australia after living in Thailand for the last 5 years.

could anyone please tell me how i can get Thai TV for my Thai wife and if so what channels.

i know nothing about these things. many thanks for any help. i live in ashfield area Sydney.

shorepatrol

Hi, welcome to the forums.

This is the Selectv area of the forums which is a pay-tv company for cheap small packages.
There main website can be located @ www.selectv.com

Unfortunately Selectv don't offer any Thai packages. They offer the following

Premium TV (English)
Greek
Spanish

and they used to offer Italian but they recently changed a few things up and as far as i know decided
to stop offering that.

This post i think was originally about a FTA (free to air) Thai channel that was being picked up within selectvs satellite.
You may want to check out a pay-tv company called UBI World, they may or may not offer Thai TV im not sure. But i also
heard a rumor that you may want to check out, that if you align a Dish on your roof to Optus D1 you can pick up some
FTA Thai channels, however this will probably require some additional research.

Hope this helps, someone with a little more knowledge than me may also be able to chip in with some advice, but thats
basically all i can offer.

Thanks,
Jamie.

#18 shorepatrol

shorepatrol

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

Hi, welcome to the forums.

This is the Selectv area of the forums which is a pay-tv company for cheap small packages.
There main website can be located @ www.selectv.com

Unfortunately Selectv don't offer any Thai packages. They offer the following

Premium TV (English)
Greek
Spanish

and they used to offer Italian but they recently changed a few things up and as far as i know decided
to stop offering that.

This post i think was originally about a FTA (free to air) Thai channel that was being picked up within selectvs satellite.
You may want to check out a pay-tv company called UBI World, they may or may not offer Thai TV im not sure. But i also
heard a rumor that you may want to check out, that if you align a Dish on your roof to Optus D1 you can pick up some
FTA Thai channels, however this will probably require some additional research.

Hope this helps, someone with a little more knowledge than me may also be able to chip in with some advice, but thats
basically all i can offer.

Thanks,
Jamie.

#19 shorepatrol

shorepatrol

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

many thanks for your help mate

#20 gawaterman

gawaterman

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Reviving an old thread,has anyone else lost their TGN signal recently? Was working fine but now get "no signal"
Have done a rescan and it finds TGN but when you switch to it get the no signal message. Any ideas welcome

Edited by gawaterman, 16 March 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#21 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Google lyngsat optus D2/D3 and a list of info will come up relating to transmissions to Australia and NZ , TGN may have shifted satellites or transponders or polarity or all of the above.
Tazzy

#22 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

THAI TV GLOBAL NETWORK free to air
Optus D2
12608 Mhz
Horizontal
22500 Ks/s Symbol Rate
Put receiver in auto scan set for free to air (FTA) or do a manual scan for that frequency

Tazzy

#23 gawaterman

gawaterman

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Google lyngsat optus D2/D3 and a list of info will come up relating to transmissions to Australia and NZ , TGN may have shifted satellites or transponders or polarity or all of the above.
Tazzy

Yeh, bit of research and looks like the have moved to a different satellite

http://www.lyngsat.c...al-Network.html

On that page looks like they moved from Optus D2 to Hispasat1E on the 1st Feb
but on this pagee looks like I cant get that satellite in Adelaide cos its below the horizon

http://www.lyngsat.c...ispasat-1E.html

Am I reading this correctly? If so looks like I,m stuffed.

Thinking about getting this IPTV box but it doesn't give much detail,weather I can record off it,or if its on demand TV etc

http://www.satpro.co...products_id=118

Anyone know anything about them?

#24 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Not sure whether you were watching Thai Pay Tv Channels or the one free to air on Optus D2
There is one free to air TGN channel on Optus D2 now, that is where I got the frequency etc information from that is in my earlier post.
Cheers Tazzy.

#25 gawaterman

gawaterman

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Was watching (or the wife was) FTA TGN on Optus D2 but if you look at the 1st link, up the top in the middle of the page, looks like they started on Hispasat1E on 14th Dec, then left Optus D2 on the 1st Feb, so they have changed satellites and I can't get the new one in Adelaide.

Edited by gawaterman, 17 March 2013 - 10:45 AM.