• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Musketeer

Musketeer

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

When Eurosport frst launched I wasn't particularly excited. But recently I have found myself watching a fair bit of it. Their coverage of wintersports is pretty good and often live. We've watched a fair bit ski jump, luge etc.. I've also watched a few decent French Rugby games on it. Plus the other day, the WTA tennis final in Sydney was shown live - Seven showed it delayed 2 hrs later.

All in all I'm pretty happy to have the new channel in our lienup. Would be better in HD though.

#2 JabbaTheHutt

JabbaTheHutt

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

When Eurosport frst launched I wasn't particularly excited. But recently I have found myself watching a fair bit of it. Their coverage of wintersports is pretty good and often live. We've watched a fair bit ski jump, luge etc.. I've also watched a few decent French Rugby games on it. Plus the other day, the WTA tennis final in Sydney was shown live - Seven showed it delayed 2 hrs later.

All in all I'm pretty happy to have the new channel in our lienup. Would be better in HD though.

Agree.

I find myself drawn to the channel late at night when I should be going to bed if the wintersports are on...even have a new found appreciation for the biathlon :lol: :lol: . Must be the reason I'm so tired at work all the time.

Cheers,
Jabba.

#3 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Me too - two months ago I don't reckon I would've been interested in the Winter Olympic channels but now I've done a back flip and have shelled out $50 because I've enjoyed the ski-ing, ski jumping, luge etc on Eurosport

#4 murgles

murgles

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:23 PM

Boring channel. I find it has no redeeming qualities. Hopefully when the European winter finishes they can get move away from all the snow related sports.

#5 MattWinter

MattWinter

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Fact is the rights are already held to most major mainstream sports, Eurosport is great because it shows sports that previously had very little coverage in Australia.

#6 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

no, haven't any interest in it. I seem to recall when I was in Sweden working it was pretty good - maybe it hasn't changed? Just not finding anything at all to watch on it now.

#7 james82

james82

AV Forum Member

• 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

they suck ,i was looking forward to live tennis but its all delayed crap

Edited by james82, 20 January 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#8 mosblk

mosblk

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

alpine world cup events are great, loving those

#9 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

Loving the wintersports.

great addition.

even better in a few months when the world touring cars and formula 2 starts up - both live on eurosport!

#10 canberrabloke

canberrabloke

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

I have been loving Eurosport especially the winter sports. Many a night I have fallen asleep watching these sports I havent previously known much about. Cant wait for the cycling to start as well.

#11 Sportsaddict

Sportsaddict

AV Forum Member

• 44 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Loving Eurosport. Can't wait for the cycling and the motorsport as well. :)

#12 retro

retro

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

I watched the last round of the WTCC live and it was just okay.

I tuned into some of that French Rugby a few days ago and thought it was below par.

I will probably only watch the car racing next season I think.

#13 Harry

Harry

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

Love it, btw description of events is a bit vague on occasion. Lack of ads is great also

#14 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Love it, btw description of events is a bit vague on occasion. Lack of ads is great also

yes thats the only problem with it

the lack of ads is great

#15 mosblk

mosblk

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:28 AM

watched some monte carlo rally last night, the IRC has good coverage compared to WRC here. They had live stages which is rare for most rally stuff we see here.

#16 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

hehe, 'a bit vague'? I'd say non-existent, the program will be 'World Cup' and the description will be 'Germany', doesn't even tell you what the sports is!

#17 retro

retro

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

watched some monte carlo rally last night, the IRC has good coverage compared to WRC here. They had live stages which is rare for most rally stuff we see here.

Yes I caught that...looks interesting.

#18 djblazinjoe

djblazinjoe

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

its a poor quailty content channel IMO.
There are the odd event.

#19 peterca

peterca

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

Been enjoying the Mote Carlo rally live broadcast, lots of great in car shots and good commentary. Pity it isn't a round of the WRC any more.

#20 retro

retro

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Been enjoying the Mote Carlo rally live broadcast, lots of great in car shots and good commentary. Pity it isn't a round of the WRC any more.

I was watching the repeats of this today and at the end they were saying something about covering more events but not South America live because of time zones. I'm just not sure what events they were talking about.

And they covered the WTCC live from Macau so we might get some more of those broadcast I hope.

#21 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I was watching the repeats of this today and at the end they were saying something about covering more events but not South America live because of time zones. I'm just not sure what events they were talking about.

And they covered the WTCC live from Macau so we might get some more of those broadcast I hope.

WTCC and Formula Two are both live on Eurosport

#22 mosblk

mosblk

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

did anyone catch the Kitzbuehel Super G on Friday (saturday)? Missed it completely in the schedule... i usually record them...

Managed to find today's Downhill and sunday's Slalom searching through all the 'World Cup' events in the schedule. They do need to clean up the EPG a bit, sometimes they have 'Alpine World Cup skiing' as the title which is easy, but sometimes its 'World Cup' which gets kinda lost in all the skating, ski jumping etc

Cuche won the Super G btw for anyone else who missed it (No replays that i can find.)

Edited by mosblk, 24 January 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#23 cnrmlj

cnrmlj

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:27 AM

Since i got my iQ2 i don't spend too much time out of the 200's.

Even before then, this channel was a waste of bandwidth, and still appears to be.

#24 rhysxanthis

rhysxanthis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

Since i got my iQ2 i don't spend too much time out of the 200's.

Even before then, this channel was a waste of bandwidth, and still appears to be.

considering this channel came in when all the new HD channels did, it would appear you have this confused with EuroSportNews.

#25 cnrmlj

cnrmlj

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

considering this channel came in when all the new HD channels did, it would appear you have this confused with EuroSportNews.

What have the new HD channels got to do with anything?

Eurosport was a waste of bandwidth when it was on Select TV only, is a waste of bandwidth when it joined Foxtel from 15 November and is a waste of bandwidth at the present time.

I am not confused at all.