• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

Freeview has updated the GO! status to "coming soon". GO! could arrive in Darwin sometime in the new year, although I have yet to hear a date. Dunno about One HD though, at least Darwin has 7 two and I am happy with most programs on 7 two and thought it to be a good channel.

http://www.freeview....px?regionId=13#

Stay tuned.

William Walker

#2 Smacca

Smacca

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:20 AM

Nice! Looks like it's progressing quite a bit.

#3 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

I just returned from a trip to regional Queensland to see my realitives for xmas, and I saw GO! and was quite happy to see what it has to offer. I saw Bewitched and get smart on GO! for the 1st time in many years. Here's hoping that Darwin will get that channel soon.

William Walker

#4 sleeptalker

sleeptalker

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

The Freeview site is useless. It has listed GO as coming soon since last year and yet no mention of OneHD which has been broadcasting in Darwin since April.

#5 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

The Freeview site is useless. It has listed GO as coming soon since last year and yet no mention of OneHD which has been broadcasting in Darwin since April.

Yet it updated the ABC HD channel to ABC News 24, which applies to all of Australia anyway.

Have anybody heard of Channel Nine Darwin's plans to beam GO! in Darwin? It's been ages since Darwinites last heard from Channel Nine.

#6 sleeptalker

sleeptalker

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yet it updated the ABC HD channel to ABC News 24, which applies to all of Australia anyway.

Have anybody heard of Channel Nine Darwin's plans to beam GO! in Darwin? It's been ages since Darwinites last heard from Channel Nine.

Yes it's very poor PR by Nine as all they will say is "it's coming soon".

#7 newtaste

newtaste

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

Maybe Nine could send GO! to Darwin via a Streambox link. Streambox looks pretty crap on Nine News, but is something better than nothing?

#8 Adrian90

Adrian90

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Maybe Nine could send GO! to Darwin via a Streambox link. Streambox looks pretty crap on Nine News, but is something better than nothing?

What is a Streambox link?

#9 newtaste

newtaste

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

What is a Streambox link?

This sort of explains it, from the horses mouth.

#10 wilrc1

wilrc1

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

This sort of explains it, from the horses mouth.

a streambox is only used in the field, the local nine can take a feed of d3 if they want, from what i hear they are holding out for their own fibre feed so they can insert darwin adverts. you wont see go in darwin any time soon, blame the local gm!

#11 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:58 AM

a streambox is only used in the field, the local nine can take a feed of d3 if they want, from what i hear they are holding out for their own fibre feed so they can insert darwin adverts. you wont see go in darwin any time soon, blame the local gm!

Sounds like a 2012 or 2013 debut for GO! up here in Darwin? :(