• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 Jason_dinAlt

Jason_dinAlt

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

well FIVE days after I ordered it I finally got a confirmation of postage <_< but the email says its coming from Israel :o by Israel Post! Has anyone else who has purchased a Grex had their delivered from Israel and how long did it take?

#102 L T

L T

AV Forum Member

• 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

well FIVE days after I ordered it I finally got a confirmation of postage <_< but the email says its coming from Israel :o by Israel Post! Has anyone else who has purchased a Grex had their delivered from Israel and how long did it take?

Yes, mine was delivered from Israel. I can't remember how long it took though, sorry (but I don't remember it being a long time, i.e. I didn't get to the point of wondering where it was).

#103 ozbrit

ozbrit

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Mine took three weeks, but then I did make a mistake and had it delivered to a friend in the US. I didn't realise they were coming out of Israel, all I noted from the Grex website at the time was "free shipping within the US", but I could have had free shipping direct to Oz as well :wacko: I wrongly assumed it was coming from the US so my friend who was already mailing me something I'd purchased at amazon.com combined the package and sent it on. It probably cost me 10 days longer plus $6 or 7 on the stamps as well.

But the product works well and that's what we want it to do. Only recently my Wife was on the local prime news so now we have that on DVD to keep forever.

I haven't recorded anything for weeks, but is it true that Austar have dropped the copy protection on the Mystar HD?

#104 gadgarra

gadgarra

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

Just purchased a grex for my mystar HD because yesterday I went to transfer a recording and the jaycar no longer stripped the copy protection. Was there a change in copy protection type recently?

My Jaycar unit still works fine. The only complaint I have is that I use the S-video input, and every time there is a power failure the unit resets itself to expect composite and you have to press the little button again to select S-video.

#105 Swagman51

Swagman51

AV Forum Member

• 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

I haven't recorded anything for weeks, but is it true that Austar have dropped the copy protection on the Mystar HD?

Sorry, can't test this for you (since my DVD recorder strips protection anyway)....but has something happened that makes you think they have dropped copy protection on the HDs output stream? (Curious to know why you asked the question....it would seem strange that Austar would actually IMPROVE our service in this regard!!)

#106 Paul70

Paul70

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:10 PM

They haven't dropped it.

#107 Jason_dinAlt

Jason_dinAlt

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

Still no grex :( starting to think customs has nicked it

#108 ozbrit

ozbrit

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

Still no grex :( starting to think customs has nicked it

Possible, but unlikely imo Jason. Don't forget International Christmas post is in full swing = delayed arrival.

#109 Obviousman

Obviousman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

I'm very interested in this. I upgraded from the standard Austar box to MyStar HD, and now I can't record anything on my Pana PVR because of the macrovision protection. I run a Panasonic XW300, and I intend to buy the Jaycar device tomorrow. I'll let people know the results I get.

I'm still very iffy about MyStar. I don't have any movie channels or sports channels, so the HD output is basically not used. I upgraded to try and fix a problem with image quality (I ended up replacing the TV instead). The advantage of MyStar is the ability record two Austar channels simultaneously, and to set recording automatically. If you recall the standard Austar box, you can't set it up to turn on / off, nor change channel, automatically. If there was a single programme on in the middle of the night I wanted to record, it wasn't an issue. I just had to make sure I left the STB on and set to the right channel. If there were programmes on different channels, I would have to get up in the middle of the night to change channels after the first programme was recorded. The MyStar box avoids this but if I can't get rid of the macrovision I will most likely go back to the old box.

Edited by Obviousman, 30 December 2010 - 09:05 PM.

#110 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Be aware that you can record 2 channels "but" that to do at the same time 1 of them has to be on the channel you want recorded.

#111 Obviousman

Obviousman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Okay, bought it (the AR-1822) and tried it with the MyStarHD and a Panasonic DMR-XW300. Works perfectly!

Edited by Obviousman, 11 January 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#112 Beckster24

Beckster24

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Okay, bought it (the AR-1822) and tried it with the MyStarHD and a Panasonic DMR-XW300. Works perfectly!

Hi there I have a Panasonic DMR-XW380 and purchased the AR-1822 as I have the copy protected thing come up on my MyStarHD

Connected it up to S-Video and we can record Audio but no Video present

Can you give step by step instructions as to how you connected yours up and got it to work please, as not sure if we have done ours properly as to why its not showing video

Thanks we need help with this as I am starting to think its a waste of time and effort having MyStarHD

#113 Beckster24

Beckster24

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi there I have a Panasonic DMR-XW380 and purchased the AR-1822 as I have the copy protected thing come up on my MyStarHD

Connected it up to S-Video and we can record Audio but no Video present

Can you give step by step instructions as to how you connected yours up and got it to work please, as not sure if we have done ours properly as to why its not showing video

Thanks we need help with this as I am starting to think its a waste of time and effort having MyStarHD

Finally got it to work thanks to my Dad he said need another S-Video lead, it now works like a charm, very happy

#114 Lickster

Lickster

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

This is good news ! I have a DMR-XW350. If it works for the 300 and the 380 hopes are high.

Been wanting to upgrade as I need a new remote anyway and I have one of oldest boxes.

Plus I will be able to watch (though not record) some decent HD sport.

That's a good question - if you can record two channels, can you watch the HD version and record the SD channel for archive ? It's what I did with SBS and the World Cup.

#115 bluesbeat

bluesbeat

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

I can confirm the dimax grex definitely works with the Mystar HD inc. Box office.

US$99 with Aussie power supply and freight see here: http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html

The grex site seems to be down, anyone know where to find them?

#116 Jason_dinAlt

Jason_dinAlt

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

The grex site seems to be down, anyone know where to find them?

working here

#117 gavinr

gavinr

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

Got the Grex in the mail today. It links between the Mystar and a Panasonic DMR-XW350. Works great. Thanks to those forum members who recommended it.

#118 vmile

vmile

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Eye 250 via s-video works for those with a Mac based PVR.

#119 viewer

viewer

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Anyone know if it does the same for the telstra tbox?