• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DR.ZOIDBERG

DR.ZOIDBERG

DTV Forums Member

• 1,938 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hey Guys
Cam across this website - aussiedvdshop.com who seem to have good prices on their dvds but they all seem to be region free which makes me think they are not original dvds

Anyone used them so I can find out for sure?

Ta
Zoidy

#2 Jadzia

Jadzia

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hey Guys
Cam across this website - aussiedvdshop.com who seem to have good prices on their dvds but they all seem to be region free which makes me think they are not original dvds

Anyone used them so I can find out for sure?

Ta
Zoidy

I was interested too and checked out the domain, which is in Shanghai and been through about 19 owners!!! Then I read on whirlpool that they are fakes!

http://forums.whirlp...fm/1314257.html
http://forums.whirlp...s.cfm?t=1302117

#3 DR.ZOIDBERG

DR.ZOIDBERG

DTV Forums Member

• 1,938 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

Thanks buddy for that

#4 Tiara

Tiara

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Thanks buddy for that

Bugger! They sucked me in...I am usually very careful...what should I do? Try for a return?

#5 wendy2

wendy2

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

Bugger! They sucked me in...I am usually very careful...what should I do? Try for a return?

I recently bought a box set and arent happy with the quality, so I sent them an email to get a refund. They have responded that I can send them back and they will refund within 24hrs. I am a bit reluctant to spend another $23 on postage in case it is a scam. Not sure what to do!

#6 Marlow

Marlow

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

I recently bought a box set and arent happy with the quality, so I sent them an email to get a refund. They have responded that I can send them back and they will refund within 24hrs. I am a bit reluctant to spend another $23 on postage in case it is a scam. Not sure what to do!

I got a box set from these guys and the quality was awful. I complained and got the same story about returning and getting a refund within 24hours. Returned the product 12 days ago and am still awaiting refund despite chasing them with emails. They're not even replying to my emails anymore. I wouldn't go near these guys.

#7 wendy2

wendy2

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

I got a box set from these guys and the quality was awful. I complained and got the same story about returning and getting a refund within 24hours. Returned the product 12 days ago and am still awaiting refund despite chasing them with emails. They're not even replying to my emails anymore. I wouldn't go near these guys.

Thanks for that Marlow, I have decided not to send them back. There is no point wasting more money on them.
I am usually careful who I buy from, but I obviously didnt research this one properly. Lesson learnt !

#8 JaneShoufany

JaneShoufany

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

What ever anyone does PLEASE do not purchase anything from these tyrants! they are not originals and not a proper box set. I bought the Frasier 'box set', I can't even stand to look at it. haven't even taken them out of the film cover and it's clear they are fakes. Sighs. started a big uproar with them over this.

#9 Sansfur

Sansfur

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for that Marlow, I have decided not to send them back. There is no point wasting more money on them.
I am usually careful who I buy from, but I obviously didnt research this one properly. Lesson learnt !

I am still trying to get a refund from these crooks and it is now 6 months later. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THEM. The box set i ordered was quite expensive and I am now at the stage of calling in the police as they have sent me forged documents trying to say they have refunded me.

#10 jerekat

jerekat

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

foudn the site AFTER had made an order with these guys and immediately emailed to cancel, no reply for a couple of days and then got an email on friday to say they were cancelling order and payment. Imagine my surprise when $107 bucks was debited from my credit card on Tuesday! Have emailed again and no reply so far - not good...... Beware buyers beware - if the price seems too good to be true then it probably is!!!!!

#11 Backer12

Backer12

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

This is very distressing. I looked around, and they didn't look too bad to me, so I just flung $200 their way when I found this site. In future, I shall be more careful. Here's hoping I don't have the same bad experiences as you lot. A bad sign: they haven't even shipped the blasted thing yet, despite it being 5 days since I place the order, and 2 since they confirmed they'd received payment. Grahhh.

#12 Celtdownunder

Celtdownunder

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

This is very distressing. I looked around, and they didn't look too bad to me, so I just flung $200 their way when I found this site. In future, I shall be more careful. Here's hoping I don't have the same bad experiences as you lot. A bad sign: they haven't even shipped the blasted thing yet, despite it being 5 days since I place the order, and 2 since they confirmed they'd received payment. Grahhh.

Hi all,I also got duped,,, nearly $300 worth-well I guess my eyes lit up at the prospect of a bargain. I became suspicious when the pack came from China and not Oz, and the packs contents said "gift" and not the true contents.

Not one of the 3 dvd collections will play, and out of the 3 "free special offer dvds" only 1 will play.

I contacted HBO in the US who confirmed they were fake and to get my money back. I was offered 15% when they recieved my discs via recorded mail so not worth it-they also said they would send another lt of discs,,, hummmmmm yeh well I am not holding my breath.

So what can we do? I am sure they are a large organisation but if I can make life just a bit miserable for them I would feel better.

If anyone has any ideas of whom I could mail, goverment organisations maybe,, here of in China please drop me a line. thanx Josh

#13 Celtdownunder

Celtdownunder

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hi all,I also got duped,,, nearly $300 worth-well I guess my eyes lit up at the prospect of a bargain. I became suspicious when the pack came from China and not Oz, and the packs contents said "gift" and not the true contents.

Not one of the 3 dvd collections will play, and out of the 3 "free special offer dvds" only 1 will play.

I contacted HBO in the US who confirmed they were fake and to get my money back. I was offered 15% when they recieved my discs via recorded mail so not worth it-they also said they would send another lt of discs,,, hummmmmm yeh well I am not holding my breath.

So what can we do? I am sure they are a large organisation but if I can make life just a bit miserable for them I would feel better.

If anyone has any ideas of whom I could mail, goverment organisations maybe,, here of in China please drop me a line. thanx Josh

Hey, just did a bit of searching about,
there is a site called
my 3 cents.com where u could leave a mssg

also found this on the Motion Picture Association International- just may be worth mentioning this to them,

1 Magazine Road
#04-07 Central Mall
Singapore 059567
Tel. +65 6253-1033
Fax. +65 6255-1838
info-newzealand@mpa-i.org

#14 Lyndall

Lyndall

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

I spent $300 and then $70 returning them. I have been waiting over a month for my refund, now reading all your comments, I realise the refund is not coming. www.accc.gov.au has good advice on taking this further. Also lodging a complaint with Econsumer - www.econsumer.gov

#15 jodes

jodes

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

I got burnt by them too. I purchased the Entourage box set and the stuff I received was rubbish. I returned them and have been chasing a refund for the past 2 months.

Was getting desperate to report them to someone and get my money back I decided to try my credit card company. I called them about it and they have an option to "dispute" an item on your credit. You lodge paper work with the bank, they have temporarily receive a credit for this amount until my bank investigates the company who took the money from my credit.

The bank will now chase aussiedvdshop for my refund and if it turns out they are fraudulent the bank will report them to the police and endeavour to have them shut down.

For anyone else trying to get a refund I highly recommend you contact your bank!

#16 mafalda

mafalda

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

I too have had problems with Aussie DVD shop.com - I've been waiting 8 months for replacement discs - they recken they've sent them to me and each time, I have received them - so they said they'd send again - and again I didn't receive - so I told them, and again they'd send again - and again no sign of them - it's been 8 months since my first request.

DON'T BUY FROM AussieDVD shop.com