The transmitter end

AlanH

#2 191

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Good read.

Seems 53% now have their main TV converted to digital.

Seems 76% are waiting untill the last minute to convert. That's good (more AVC compatible boxes) and bad (Gerry Harvey will make more annoying ads warning about impending doom unless you buy a nice shiny TV from them) ^_^

Edited by 191, 11 November 2009 - 11:43 PM.

#3 digitalj

digitalj

AV Forum Member

• 12,945 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

here's the latest one for July-September: http://www.digitalre..._Qtr_3_2009.pdf

#4 Timmy Downawell

Timmy Downawell

AV Forum Member

• 3,849 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

Is it just me or is the decision to switch off Sydney and Melbourne analogue at midnight on 31 December 2013 crazy?

In the middle of a bunch of public holidays, at one of the most stressful times of the year.

IMHO they should bring it forward (or delay it) a month.

I can just imagine all the nanas staying up to watch the fireworks " 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.. Happ***fizzzzzzzzz*** " :o

#5 digitalj

digitalj

AV Forum Member

• 12,945 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

I can just imagine all the nanas staying up to watch the fireworks " 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.. Happ***fizzzzzzzzz*** " :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#6 GoForMoe

GoForMoe

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

In that case I'd like the switchovers on 31 December 2011.

#7 Chris137

Chris137

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

Very interesting to note, when you look at the detailed region-by-region breakdown, that although the overall number of converted households is 53%, the number remaining to be converted to digital has fallen to 30%. This is due to the extra number of households that haven't converted but have pay-tv services, which effectively adds to the figures because they are no longer dependent on analogue to receive all the channels.

This effect is however eroding. In many regions, the number of households with pay-tv but no FTA digital is falling, not increasing, sometimes quite significantly. This doesn't mean that lots of people are giving up Austar/Foxtel; most likely they are replacing old TVs with newer sets with digital tuners, and thus moving from the 'unconverted' box to the 'converted' box - even though they may still be exclusively watching pay-tv. Fascinating...