• Please log in to reply
776 replies to this topic

#1 OzyDave

OzyDave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

Following on from the " Mystar - Issues And Comments" forum, here is the forum to cover the MyStar HD.

Edited by OzyDave, 05 November 2009 - 08:41 AM.

#2 jayweb

jayweb

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:34 AM

Quick off the mark OzyDave....

You ordered yet?

#3 sleeptalker

sleeptalker

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

I've ordered mine , but for the life of me I cannot understand why they can't send them out before 16th November????.

#4 jayweb

jayweb

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:12 AM

Me either, but as per previous post, thats what they are sticking to.

I dont understand a launch on a Sunday when no one is able to actually have the equipment on that day.......

#5 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

hmm.. I wonder if DrP will have the most posts in this thread too... ;)

I for one, never had any issues with my MyStar except the occasional sluggish TV Guide/Planner, never had to replace it, never had to call up to complain about it.

I have a MyStar HD on order, can't wait to see what the HD channels are like.

#6 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

I dont understand a launch on a Sunday when no one is able to actually have the equipment on that day.......

Probably to be in line with Foxtel's launch, and they have the hardware out there already.

#7 jayweb

jayweb

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

I for one, never had any issues with my MyStar except the occasional sluggish TV Guide/Planner, never had to replace it, never had to call up to complain about it.

Do you have FTA digital channels on mystar? I didnt and had very few, after initial teething, issues.

#8 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Nup, have had FTA digital channels on Mystar since inception... occasionally you'd get an issue with the guide updates being a bit odd, but other than that they were fine.

#9 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

From the complaints that I hear from all and sundry - not just people on this forum - you are in the minority.

#10 whispa1970

whispa1970

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

From the complaints that I hear from all and sundry - not just people on this forum - you are in the minority.

I am in the minority as well, and thank goodness I am, very happy to be in that place!

#11 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

Let me guess, none of your Austar STBs restart nightly either.

#12 BobD

BobD

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

I just got off the phone to Austar. The questions relating to MyStar HD were:
What outputs, such as HDMI, component, composite, does it have? Answer: We dont know and cant find out.
Are those outputs capable of simultaneous operation? Answer: We dont know and cant find out.

I currently distribute Austar into several other rooms via a modulator with composite input.
Anyone have answers yet?

#13 aaaaplay

aaaaplay

AV Forum Member

• 37 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

Just go a batch of three mystar hd's include hdmi they look much better than my star less bulky
I can post picture if anyone wants?

#14 michaelmac

michaelmac

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Just go a batch of three mystar hd's include hdmi they look much better than my star less bulky
I can post picture if anyone wants?

That would be great and possibly one of the rear view

#15 aaaaplay

aaaaplay

AV Forum Member

• 37 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

back
http://farm3.static....b40cccc2e_m.jpg
Front
http://farm3.static....86c68680c_m.jpg
Also the new HD channels are working and uktv hasn't yet switched its name over to uktv.the only problem is we cant see a picture until november 15 because it cant be activated till then.
Also HD is only available on component and hdmi.
it is otherwise its the same when loads up.
hope you enjoy.

Edited by aaaaplay, 05 November 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#16 whispa1970

whispa1970

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Let me guess, none of your Austar STBs restart nightly either.

I'm asleep, I don't care.

#17 whispa1970

whispa1970

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

back
Front
Also the new HD channels are working and uktv hasn't yet switched its name over to uktv.the only problem is we cant see a picture until november 15 because it cant be activated till then.
hope you enjoy.

I get 6 tomorrow.

#18 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm asleep, I don't care.

Niiiiice. What about the people who cop the restart in the middle of the day? OH that's right. They should bet out working. :rolleyes:

#19 whispa1970

whispa1970

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Niiiiice. What about the people who cop the restart in the middle of the day? OH that's right. They should bet out working. :rolleyes:

I dont care about other peoples Mystars restarting in the middle of the day, why would I, has nothing to do with me.

They might be shift workers, retired or disabled in some way and thats why they are at home. Didn't you think of that?

It is comforting to know you care so much about others, very touching indeed. xx

#20 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

I don't know why people like aeon pick on drp saying he posts a lot,I never knew of this site till we upgraded to mys**t and have
ongoing problems with the box.1 box was replace due to the display being faulty another as it would not lock on to free to air channels
that ones replacement was immediately replaced when the installer could not get it to work straight out of the box so had another
replacement.This was really fast for a few hours then required a reset and since then has been very slow despite being reformated
twice since then.I really hope the new box works well as that is all I want.

#21 optima

optima

AV Forum Member

• 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

I am in the minority as well, and thank goodness I am, very happy to be in that place!

IV had mystar from the start, and have been very lucky by the sound of it, I dont seem to get all the trouble others get , and restarts in the morning , IM also glad to be in the minority PS{theres alot out there in the minority}

#22 speedfreek

speedfreek

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

back
Front
hope you enjoy.

Is it any wider than the current Mystar box?

#23 whispa1970

whispa1970

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

IV had mystar from the start, and have been very lucky by the sound of it, I dont seem to get all the trouble others get , and restarts in the morning , IM also glad to be in the minority PS{theres alot out there in the minority}

Welcome to the exclusive club optima!

#24 paulgun

paulgun

AV Forum Member

• 49 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

Order Confirmed

Congratulations, you are one of the first in line to receive a new MyStar HD when it launches on November 15. You should receive your new MyStar HD by the 25th November.
Australia Post will deliver it to your address, but if there's no adult to sign for it or you're not home, you may need to pick it up from your local post office.
Thanks and enjoy your new MyStar HD.

Hopefully i'll get a couple of days of the trial channels before it ends on the 29th...

#25 aaaaplay

aaaaplay

AV Forum Member

• 37 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

Is it any wider than the current Mystar box?

About less than an inch wider but not as tall also much faster it takes half the time to boot and no discovery or nat geo hd yet but all the others are there.

Edited by aaaaplay, 05 November 2009 - 09:59 PM.