• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sleeptalker

sleeptalker

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

Article in todays NT News states that 7Two will commence in Darwin in December 2009. Hopefully OneHD and GO will follow suit. :D

Edited by sleeptalker, 30 October 2009 - 10:05 AM.

#2 Alista

Alista

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

HERE

It states that Alice Springs will recieve it by SCTV Central???? Have SCTV commenced DTV transmission there or is it an error?

#3 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

Article in todays NT News states that 7Two will commence in Darwin in December 2009. Hopefully OneHD and GO will follow suit. :D

Yep saw that in paper today while I'm out during the day.

Alice still has not received digital tv through imparja and southern cross yet, so the paper is not right on alice.

It's interesting to note that even though Nine Darwin NTD was the first station to set up in Darwin, you'd think they will beam GO! first before 7 TWO and ONE HD. Southern cross beat Nine Darwin to the punch. Interesting.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing Frost mystery movies, prison break and so on. I think 7 TWO is going to be a very good channel hopefully it will have subtitles on for some programs if not all. :)

William Walker

Edited by willwalk, 30 October 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#4 newtaste

newtaste

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

I think 7 TWO is going to be a very good channel hopefully it will have subtitles on for some programs if not all. :)

FYI, GO! does not have subtitles on all programs. ET has them, TMZ doesn't. Frasier does, Seinfeld and Bewitched doesn't. And I don't think anything is subtitled on One except the AFL when it has already been subtitled when screened on Ten.

#5 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

FYI, GO! does not have subtitles on all programs. ET has them, TMZ doesn't. Frasier does, Seinfeld and Bewitched doesn't. And I don't think anything is subtitled on One except the AFL when it has already been subtitled when screened on Ten.

Programs on 7, southern cross, prime, whether, which has already been subtitled before like Frost, Prison break, heart beat, i wonder if they are more likely to carry captions onto 7TWO than newer programs?

Let me know next week or on sunday. I am so much looking forward to seeing Prison break, frost and heart beat, mostly police and prison shows on 7 two. :) Criminal minds although made in USA is a good police & prison show.

William Walker

#6 Alista

Alista

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

Programs on 7, southern cross, prime, whether, which has already been subtitled before like Frost, Prison break, heart beat, i wonder if they are more likely to carry captions onto 7TWO than newer programs?

I would be very surprised if they didn't.
BTW: Great News for Darwin! Time to get Nine moving on Go! and to give the go a head to SC to have ONEHD!

Edited by Alista, 30 October 2009 - 10:58 PM.

#7 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

I would be very surprised if they didn't.
BTW: Great News for Darwin! Time to get Nine moving on Go! and to give the go a head to SC to have ONEHD!

I must admit I now know how people in Tasmania must be feeling when ONE HD was first announced there. Even though 7 TWO is only a SD channel, but to get a extra channel in Darwin through Freeview is really exciting, and it is a sign of good things to come. :D :) I can't properly tell how really pleased I am :)

I wish to thank Southern cross for bringing up the channel to Darwin. My thanks goes to Southern cross for welcoming 7two :)

William Walker