• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:28 AM

Tonight (wednesday 7 october) I witnessed a big improvement in DDT TEN tonight. It is starting to act like a proper TEN station at last but it still has a way to go. But it is a vast improvement over the past few months. The majority of ads are fully proper animated ones and the "newspaper classifields" ads are a minority now. what a surprise! I think someone must have taken notice of what I have been saying. I think it is a good sign of good things to come, and I am getting more confident and happier now than I have been. While it may not necessarily mean that ONE HD will come soon but DDT now stands a better chance of getting ONE HD. I think it is a start and in the right direction but it still have a way to go.

I think the lack a majority of animated ads on DDT at the time might have had a bearing on the reason why Southern Cross chose not to put ONE HD on DDT back in July. DDT probably was told by Southern cross it has to show it can produce a majority of animated ads before DDT can be granted the right to have ONE HD. People won't accept "newspaper classifield" ads on ONE HD like DDT had shown over the past few months until now.

So I think DDT has turned the corner and has still got a way to go yet, but I am happier and more confident after what I saw tonight on DDT. I think it is a good sign of better things to come for Darwin. I still cannot tell when DDT will start to show ONE HD but DDT is in the right direction now and a better position that what it was back in July and before.

William Walker

#2 Smacca

Smacca

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:58 AM

Tonight (wednesday 7 october) I witnessed a big improvement in DDT TEN tonight. It is starting to act like a proper TEN station at last but it still has a way to go. But it is a vast improvement over the past few months. The majority of ads are fully proper animated ones and the "newspaper classifields" ads are a minority now. what a surprise! I think someone must have taken notice of what I have been saying. I think it is a good sign of good things to come, and I am getting more confident and happier now than I have been. While it may not necessarily mean that ONE HD will come soon but DDT now stands a better chance of getting ONE HD. I think it is a start and in the right direction but it still have a way to go.

I think the lack a majority of animated ads on DDT at the time might have had a bearing on the reason why Southern Cross chose not to put ONE HD on DDT back in July. DDT probably was told by Southern cross it has to show it can produce a majority of animated ads before DDT can be granted the right to have ONE HD. People won't accept "newspaper classifield" ads on ONE HD like DDT had shown over the past few months until now.

So I think DDT has turned the corner and has still got a way to go yet, but I am happier and more confident after what I saw tonight on DDT. I think it is a good sign of better things to come for Darwin. I still cannot tell when DDT will start to show ONE HD but DDT is in the right direction now and a better position that what it was back in July and before.

William Walker

That's good news. It means they actually have enough clients to begin proper advertising. Hopefully that'll give them enough of a reason to get One started!

#3 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

That's good news. It means they actually have enough clients to begin proper advertising. Hopefully that'll give them enough of a reason to get One started!

It also means that Nine can also get GO! started. Maybe lack of proper ads were a factor behind the delay of launching GO! here. But by the same token Nine has been in Darwin a lot longer than Ten has. I would never know the reasons behind the delay of GO! here. IN my view Nine cannot offer any excuses for the delay of launching GO! I am more sympathetic toward DDT (I am referring to the launch of ONE HD) as it is a new station and needed time to develop in this market as that station should have been here years ago, but I am not so sympathetic toward Nine because Darwin has the proper ads, proper equipment and so on to launch GO!

I also won't be so sympathetic toward Southern Cross if it delays the 2nd channel here. Like Nine, Southern Cross has been in Darwin a lot longer than DDT, and it also have the ads and equipment to launch seven's new 2nd channel.

Finally I am a hard man to please when Nine and SC try to offer excuses for the delay of the extra channels to Darwin. But I am fairer and more sympathetic to DDT because DDT needed time to develop in Darwin so I won't be so displeased with DDT. Technicially i reckon that Darwin could and should have got GO! on August 9. Others might disagree but it is my view alone. Freeview said so, so why were Darwinites mislead by that in relation to GO!?

But by the same token better late than never. I warned from the very start that the extra channels will be delayed and people were warned.

William Walker

#4 willwalk

willwalk

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

It also means that Nine can also get GO! started. Maybe lack of proper ads were a factor behind the delay of launching GO! here. But by the same token Nine has been in Darwin a lot longer than Ten has. I would never know the reasons behind the delay of GO! here. IN my view Nine cannot offer any excuses for the delay of launching GO! I am more sympathetic toward DDT (I am referring to the launch of ONE HD) as it is a new station and needed time to develop in this market as that station should have been here years ago, but I am not so sympathetic toward Nine because Darwin has the proper ads, proper equipment and so on to launch GO!

I also won't be so sympathetic toward Southern Cross if it delays the 2nd channel here. Like Nine, Southern Cross has been in Darwin a lot longer than DDT, and it also have the ads and equipment to launch seven's new 2nd channel.

Finally I am a hard man to please when Nine and SC try to offer excuses for the delay of the extra channels to Darwin. But I am fairer and more sympathetic to DDT because DDT needed time to develop in Darwin so I won't be so displeased with DDT. Technicially i reckon that Darwin could and should have got GO! on August 9. Others might disagree but it is my view alone. Freeview said so, so why were Darwinites mislead by that in relation to GO!?

But by the same token better late than never. I warned from the very start that the extra channels will be delayed and people were warned.

William Walker

DDT made a big mistake. Instead of getting TEN I saw Southern Cross Central with ads from Mount isa and alice springs. Nah I don't think DDT is quite yet ready to host ONE HD or maybe it is testing for ONE HD. Or maybe Southern Cross central is practicing to go digital for Central Australia?

To host ONE HD it must learn not to make mistakes. Now it is fixed. It's back to Ten. DDT has a lot of work to do.

William Walker

Edited by willwalk, 10 October 2009 - 06:31 PM.