• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

#451 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

An Installer did a Shocking fox install in MY House (he picked the wrong house) when he was sent back to rectify the issue…………. He had a huge attitude problem, because I complained. I made sure that was the LAST fox install he ever did. He now runs cable for an electrical company.

If you don’t Like working for a company & it's Conditions……..Then QUIT……..and find a Job that will meet with YOUR Demands & Conditions. And STOP Complaining.

A lot of people are cranky because Company Executives are making more money than the installer…………. Wake –up Sunshine …. They are paid to do a job and so are you.

Installers are Contractors. YOU have made the Choice to do the work……. Nobody is holding a GUN To your head to do the work……… Don’t Like It …… Find another job. Then start complaining about that job & its Company executives as well.

There will always be somebody willing to do the work. Dish Installers are easy to replace.

Cheer's

Baja

#452 Rams

Rams

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

BSA in Melbourne needs technicians, I just found adv, dated 18April 2013
http://www.seek.com....bourne/24368129

BSA LIMITED is Australia's pre-eminent domestic satellite and free to air installation company, delivering a variety of technical services on behalf of some of Australia's largest corporations, including FOXTEL.

BSA is seeking expressions of interest from Contracting Companies, to be deployed from Melbourne metro areas, for the provision of installation, repairs and maintenance services on behalf of FOXTEL.
Posted Image

• FOXTEL satellite AND cable installations
  • Proficiency with all OH&S requirements
  • Service Calls
Contracted technician will also be required to perform Change Orders as our customer's needs grow. Must have a "hands on" approach, "can do" attitude and willingness to meet daily targets.

BSA will assist you to hone your technical and professional skills, whilst providing ongoing technical and product training.

Im happy i dont work anymore for BSA, now I do IT networks, much less stress.

#453 Eddy Current

Eddy Current

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Well looks like you've been hoist by your own petard with your philosophy. With poor rates, draconian exploitative conditions, vindictive unyeilding management they can only attract and keep the dregs. So why complain about a substandard job? By endorsing their management style you are guaranteeing poor quality work. Never understood the logic behind whipping someone to get the best out of them myself. Now how many months free fxtel did you manage to whinge out of them?

An Installer did a Shocking fox install in MY House (he picked the wrong house) when he was sent back to rectify the issue…………. He had a huge attitude problem, because I complained. I made sure that was the LAST fox install he ever did. He now runs cable for an electrical company.

If you don’t Like working for a company & it's Conditions……..Then QUIT……..and find a Job that will meet with YOUR Demands & Conditions. And STOP Complaining.

A lot of people are cranky because Company Executives are making more money than the installer…………. Wake –up Sunshine …. They are paid to do a job and so are you.

Installers are Contractors. YOU have made the Choice to do the work……. Nobody is holding a GUN To your head to do the work……… Don’t Like It …… Find another job. Then start complaining about that job & its Company executives as well.

There will always be somebody willing to do the work. Dish Installers are easy to replace.

Cheer's

Baja

#454 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Installing a Dish is NOT Rocket Science, in fact it is a very simple process. If they can’t get that right then they need to………….. find another job…………Don’t like the company………………………Find another job. ………Don’t like the management……………………. Find another Job……….. Feeling like you have been exploited…………………………Find another job…………….Don’t like the pay rate……………………………. Find another Job….. Starting to get the picture?????????????.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that a Contractor should perform substandard quality work, just because they don’t like their pay rate, Company or Management?

Just let me know who these Contractors are & I will make sure that they don’t touch a connector ever again.

I don’t whip people to get the best out of them. However If I find that an employee needs a whipping to get the best out of them. I will get rid of them instead.If an employee constantly complains, then it is quite obvious that they don’t like their job or they want to work for the company on their terms & NOT The Company’s terms. I will get rid of them.

And for your Information, NO I did NOT ask for free fox.

Baja

Edited by DTV Forum Mod, 11 June 2013 - 11:57 AM.
Inappropriate language

#455 foxbar

foxbar

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

BSA in Melbourne needs technicians, I just found adv, dated 18April 2013
http://www.seek.com....bourne/24368129

why is ATS still looking for foxtel installers in darwin?
see current job add here 25/04/2013
http://www.seek.com....darwin/24394795

Anyone know anything about skybridge (skybridge.com.au) doing Foxtel installs?

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a
they were listing a pay rate of $50-75/hr on this job

but this job is listed as contract only
http://www.seek.com....elaide/24301182

#456 techrights

techrights

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think people are getting off topic. Just because Foxtel has worked out a structure to pay technicians less money by making us Companies so we do not fall under the Fair Work Act is the part that us techs do not like. If we come under the Fair Work Act, Foxtel/BSA would not be able to make us work 7 Days a week and work 7am till 7pm seven days a week without compensation. The fact most of us prefer to work for ATS and "PREFER" ATS Terms and Conditions is what we just want to continue to have in our work. Let it say that it was a FOXTEL subby who did that bad work, why is that???? because of BSA and their ability to only retain monkeys as their installers as all the good ones do leave mate thats why your MISTAKE happened. If BSA/Foxtel had better conditions you would of been right mate on your install with a good Technician. ATS/Austar had way better techs but all of us are trying to find other work before the changeover to BSA happens wont be many good regional techs left shortly only the ones who do not have the skills or cant find any other work. But why should anyone be left out to dry with bad terms and conditions just because they can not find something better. Everyone deserves a FAIR GO, and a Half Decent Pay Conditions not poor 3rd world country Pay Conditions.

#457 techrights

techrights

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

and skybridge pays more then ATS, and they do overflow work only so they get payed 20% on top for overflow work on what they normaly would of got payed for normal work.

#458 nswguru

nswguru

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Baja,Should be right up your alley if you think the work is that easy. BSA are always looking for top notch workers.lol

#459 foxbar

foxbar

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Ho long does an install take on average? (full install, nothing exisiting). How many jobs a day do you complete?

they do overflow work only

can you please explain what overflow work is and how it works.

and skybridge pays more then ATS,

Are you sure? What about travel? More details please.

THANKS

#460 digiready

digiready

AV Forum Member

• 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

The contracting companies dont give a bugger about contractor.

They just want robots to do the work and not give them grief.

They will also backcharge you in a heartbeat if they think they can make a $....even if it is gear that they provided that was the cause of the fault.

#461 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I can smell some www.Iworkforbsaorfoxtelandneedagoodwhipping.com stench in recent posts.....

Do yourselves a favour fellas and leave!
No matter what way you look at it these are the fact: BSA will continue to profit from your work, fools like baja will always be fools and the sun will rise on a new day tomorrrow!

I am NO fool “My Small Minded friend Storm AV”

Any company has to profit from your work, you idiot. Or they won’t be able to employ you, and they won’t be in business. (You are a bigger fool than I thought)

So you want to install Satellite dishes and get an Engineers wage?? It’s like a receptionist demanding the same wage as the company’s executives. Good Luck.

Contractors are very aware of what these company’s pay for Installs BEFORE they enter into a contract with that company. Then why work for these companies if you think they are ripping you off?? Why then enter into a contract in the first place.????????????????

BSA pays me TOP DOLLAR for the work I perform. If they did not pay me the rates I charge, I simply won’t do the work for them.

‘YES’ the sun will rise on a new day tomorrow! And I will continue to make decent Dollar, But you my friend, will continue be a FOOL every day.

Cheer's

Baja

#462 digiready

digiready

AV Forum Member

• 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Grab your ankles Baja, because you are going to cop a reaming from BSA on a regular basis.

Backcharges, stocktakes, changed rates, audits, Sundays, exams.....then you deal with their muppets in middle management.

#463 GaryCook

GaryCook

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

If an employee constantly complains, then it is quite obvious that they don’t like their job or they want to work for the company on their terms & NOT The Company’s terms. I will get rid of them.

But what if they are right?
Is it not possible that a revolving door of employees/contractors is proof, in itself, that the "Company's terms" are in fact wrong?
Eventually such a company will run out of people willing to work for them and hence starve itself out of business.
Customers never get good, consistent service from unhappy employees/contractors.

Cheers
Gary

#464 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Grab your ankles Baja, because you are going to cop a reaming from BSA on a regular basis.

Backcharges, stocktakes, changed rates, audits, Sundays, exams.....then you deal with their muppets in middle management.

I have had NO problems like that with BSA & ALL Levels of their management. I have performed contract work for BSA for a long time.

If you’re a CRAP worker, Then you will get paid CRAP………………and the company won’t give a crap about you, as you are NOT a valuable asset for that company. If you turn out good quality work then you get paid good money………… Because you are a Valuable asset for that Company… it won’t matter who you work for.

So it looks like it’s you that’s been getting a reaming & continue to be reamed. You have been holding on to your ankles for too Long man. It must be hurting you by now………………..

It’s time to let go of your ankles and put your hands on your wheel of destiny. This might be a bit less painful for you, ha! ha! ha! ha!

Cheer's

Baja

#465 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

But what if they are right?
Is it not possible that a revolving door of employees/contractors is proof, in itself, that the "Company's terms" are in fact wrong?
Eventually such a company will run out of people willing to work for them and hence starve itself out of business.
Customers never get good, consistent service from unhappy employees/contractors.

Cheers
Gary

I asked the question before...............

IF you don't like the company's terms & think they are wrong, then why agree to work for them and continue to work for them.........................Only a FOOL will do that.

So your saying the company is not paying you what you want & that will justify you performing substandard quality work at a Customers house ????????????. you will then very soon build a reputation as a Crap installer.

After all it’s ONLY a Satellite Dish that you are installing. It’s Not Fcuking Rocket science……….

Cheer's

Baja

#466 digiready

digiready

AV Forum Member

• 43 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Edited by digiready, 01 May 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#467 Eddy Current

Eddy Current

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Interesting. I thought companies like BSA paid one rate to their installers whether or not they were good, bad or indifferent. A brown tongue it seems does pay dividends. On paper, yes they do offer good money in comparison to a regular joe wage earner but when you take into account the ongoing business expenses, backcharges, irregular work, inability to use your skills and expertise to work for anyone else due to their 3 month availability clause, long hours, unpaid overtime, suspicious and pernicious management etc etc it makes for a pretty sad working environment and of course they lie shameslessly to get new installers in with their slick propaganda. Lots of guys just fall into the trap. But of course it suits a certain type of individual, just the sort of person who enthusiastically embraces the workplace relations philosophy from our next prime minister

“TONY ABBOTT: If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all his or her faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.”

#468 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

EVERYBODY should read this

http://www.pharmacy....e_to_Garcia.pdf

The first time i i saw this essay was about 27 years ago. I still read it :winky:

I am after all Partly Human, so I can certainly understand people’s frustration NOT been able to make the dollars for the effort they put in. But, Then move on………EXPAND your Trade, just don’t waste your efforts complaining, and Take control of your future.

There are many companies that do this. Donalds, treat’s, K_C, Jacks all employ mostly Kids to do the Work, WHY ?........... It would cost more to employ an adult to perform the SAME Task. ( YES They also have a very high turnover of Staff) Do we blame these companies for exploitation………????? NO, One look at the drive-in at these places on a Sunday morning will confirm THAT.

Almost ALL Companies will try to increase profit margins one way or another. So no matter which way you look at it…….. You NEED to be at the TOP of your game, have the skills to make the company some serious dollars, Then you will be rewarded. One needs to EXPAND in Ones Trade… The future will be Optical fiber, IP base and other systems. (Learn about these and get a start).

Knowing how an underground “Power Injected” System, Headend works will also make you a decent dollar.

Been partly Human, I can feel a Very, Very, Very Tiny bit of your pain… and it Frustrates me……….

Don’t worry about BSA or an ESSAY………………Just do your best you can at ALL times and make the CHANGES.

It’s ONLY you that can achieve that………….It's ALL about Work Ethic

To "Eddy Current"

You Think 3 Months is Bad....? Companies can demand 18 months Australia wide, depending on what tasks you perform for them.

And one should never need have a Brown tounge if one is dam good at thier job. ha! ha!

Cheer's

Baja

Edited by The Baja, 30 April 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#469 techrights

techrights

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

obviously baja does not pay his tax or lives of 600 or 700 at the most after tax. he must use a$2000 vechile he owns. because by the time you add all your costs BSA does not pay as good as ATS. Ats techs just want the same deal or a slight bit better deal. WHY SHOULD WE BE FORCED TO WORK FOR BSA JUST BECAUSE FOXTEL BOUGHT AUSTAR. this is why 3 techs in my area have quit in the last month. Ats techs will stand together or leave for the mines. Fools like baja will never be payed top $$$$ as they do as they are told because from a 3rd world country to aus. bsa must loook like heaven. but us australians know they are sending us back into the 1930s with the long unpaid hours they want us to do. i currenty earn 1500 per week after costs from doing ats work and antenna work but with bsa system i wont be able to earn that. im better off just boosting my antenna advertising and forgetting about the few days a week i do foxtel to fill in the gaps. im lucky im in a mining town. lack of skills so easy to make money or go to the mines. bsa will learn about towns like this. when they can not get anyone. ats struggles now, last new bloke on was over 2 years ago. when we all quit i will laugh at bsa trying to get some new techs.

Edited by techrights, 01 May 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#470 techrights

techrights

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

not like we are doing military work. its only foxtel. why should we have to wait 3 months?

#471 The Baja

The Baja

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

WHY SHOULD WE BE FORCED TO WORK FOR BSA JUST BECAUSE FOXTEL BOUGHT AUSTAR.

they do as they are told because from a 3rd world country to aus. bsa must loook like heaven. but us australians know they are sending us back into the 1930s

Who is forcing you to perform this work ???????

I also see 'techrights' from your comments that you are a Racist. i wonder what sort of quality work you perform at a non Australians House ??????

Good Luck with your $1500 a week, 2 days on a Mine just doing inspections makes me more than that.

Go back to 1930's you racist Fcukwit

Baja

#472 GaryCook

GaryCook

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

I asked the question before...............

Did you get an answer?

IF you don't like the company's terms & think they are wrong, then why agree to work for them and continue to work for them.........................Only a FOOL will do that.

It is very difficult, almost impossible in fact, to improve a company from the outside.

So your saying the company is not paying you what you want & that will justify you performing substandard quality work at a Customers house ????????????. you will then very soon build a reputation as a Crap installer.

Good customer service depends on good staff moral. In people are unhappy in their role then their point of contact, the customer, is the one who suffers.

After all it’s ONLY a Satellite Dish that you are installing. It’s Not Fcuking Rocket science

To the customer, who doesn't possess the requisite DIY skill set, it might as well be rocket surgery

Good Luck with your $1500 a week, 2 days on a Mine just doing inspections makes me more than that.

There are no mines where my family and friends live, so that's not an option. Or, more importantly where my stereo system resides. There is often a trade off between quality of life and money, which many are prepared to make. This should have no effect on customer service.

Cheers
Gary

Edited by GaryCook, 01 May 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#473 Eddy Current

Eddy Current

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Never ceases to amaze me how some ex installers are ready and willing to slag off others who agitate for better conditions when they themselves took it up the ring without complaint then leave and gloat how good they now have it and their fellow installers are scum. If they had any guts they'd speak up. Now for all these guys I've heard theres a special on Margaret Thatcher love dolls, don't miss out!

I really struggle to find the racist association. My interpretation is the prime contracting companies and a significant proportion of the business community continually strive to bring wages and conditions down to a level comparable to that of what are commonly referred to as 3rd world countries. In Australia we have fairly strong industrial relations laws that generally protect most workers from excessive abuse and guarantee minimum wages and conditions. Its far from perfect and there are plenty of examples where the system fails people. Of course those with a good education and a desireable skill set can often bargain for a better deal but thats not the case for many. To circumvent many of the enshrined conditions increasing numbers of companies are turning to sub contracting and this puts many workers outside of the protections they would have as employees. Pay rates, work flow, work hours etc can be manipulated in ways not possible under an award or EBA. Still, in comparison to many workers from some countries with struggling economies or poor job prospects, the rates "offered" by BSA for example would be beyond avarice and who can blame them for wanting to work here and take someone elses job. Companies who enthusiastically use 457 Visa workers are deliberately depriving local workers of a job in order to maximise profit and ultimately push for lower wages. And its not just fruit pickers, skilled imported workers are increasingly employed at reduced rates. Certainly not racist but definitely fascist.

#474 Eddy Current

Eddy Current

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Huuh? Did I say depriving local white anglo saxon workers of a job? It's amazing how devoid of rational argument you actually are by resorting to the loathsome act of pulling out a totally unsubstantiated racist card. Pretty low really... Disgusting... Multiculturalism is a great thing for this country and I welcome it but no hard working Australian no matter who they are their deserves to be undercut by the greed of big business seeking bargain basement wages by shopping overseas for labour.

#475 techrights

techrights

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Baja, i think you missed the point.

All i was saying is i hate it how companies like BSA exploit overseas workers who do not know how much better life can be in Australia with working conditions how they should be under the Fairwork Act, we get exploited because companies like BSA/Foxtel who use sub contractors or individuals who have to become companies so we as an individual we come under the Trade Practices act which is very hard to get the same working conditions we deserve and get under the Fairwork Act.

I Feel it is us existing Aussies. Need to stick up and protect everyone's income in this country from companies like BSA/Foxtel even if they only just arrived downunder!

I hate how people like you Baja discriminate and jump up and down saying poor me using discrimination as tool for an argument. I did not say anything bad about people coming from another country what was bad about who they are as a person.

NO ONE EVER, SHOULD HAVE HATRED TO ANOTHER PERSON IN ANY FORM OF WAY

Baja you need to learn that BSA will drop you off the cliff if Foxtel tells them to. They simply do not care about anyone who they have employed. They do not care about you or your family. how you will feed your family if they do get told to get rid of you. I would hate to ever see you struggling to provide for you and your children just because of BSA.

Edited by techrights, 01 May 2013 - 09:20 PM.