Tvb In Australia - Sydney

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 hsct

hsct

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

I'm planning for a relocation but TVBJ charging a hefty $330 ! actually that's amount their contractor charge them for.

Anyone has got any referral for such Ku Band dish relocation/installation ? I heard that installing a new set of dish is cheaper than relocating the existing one

#27 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:03 AM

I'm planning for a relocation but TVBJ charging a hefty $330 ! actually that's amount their contractor charge them for.

Anyone has got any referral for such Ku Band dish relocation/installation ? I heard that installing a new set of dish is cheaper than relocating the existing one

Hi there,

If you can remove all the eqiupment yourself which you should if own the equipment, then it should only cost about $100 when you get a professional to reinstall at your new place. It's MORE expensive to install a new dish then to relocate it!
Obivously if you can't remove the equipment yourself, then buying a new set of dish maybe better.

Are you able to get on the roof?

#28 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

Anyone can suggest me a set box can accept 2 smart cards (TVB and SelecTv) and watch Australian Digital Free To Air TV such as Channel 7, 9, 10? Currently, I am using different set boxes from TVB and SelecTv but sharing the same satellite dish. Will be good if both services are combined together.

http://www.satplus.com.au/prod266.htm

#29 renovatio

renovatio

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

hi,

I just read the forum between you all and auswill about the TVB8 subscribe and installation. I also intent to go for this plan, but have some question, hope you all expertise can advise.

To get TVB 8:
1. To buy a Saterlite disc, receiver (160GB) come with FTA support and compatibile with selectv. Cost around $200? if I am stay in apartment, then how?
2. Ring TVB to subscribe pakage A and get the card. $50/mth.
3. Call professional installer to install the disc. $120/hr
4. Any other things I need to buy apart from the above mentioned?

#30 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

hi,

I just read the forum between you all and auswill about the TVB8 subscribe and installation. I also intent to go for this plan, but have some question, hope you all expertise can advise.

To get TVB 8:
1. To buy a Saterlite disc, receiver (160GB) come with FTA support and compatibile with selectv. Cost around $200? if I am stay in apartment, then how?
2. Ring TVB to subscribe pakage A and get the card. $50/mth.
3. Call professional installer to install the disc. $120/hr
4. Any other things I need to buy apart from the above mentioned?

G'day mate

There are some things you need to know:

The sat tv box won't receive the HDtv channels. Therefore you will need an attena Splitter and connect to a HD set top box.

If you live in the metro, you are better of paying TVB to come and install it for you.
If you live in a regional area, then you have to go to the DIY option.

#31 renovatio

renovatio

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

Do you know how much for the installation by TVB?
Does the Sat anttena can receive channel such like in foxtel?

Edited by renovatio, 01 January 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#32 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Hi,

Do you know how much for the installation by TVB?
Does the Sat anttena can receive channel such like in foxtel?

Hi,

TVB charges $550 for sat installation. Equipment is included and yours to keep.
I think it also includes first month free tv.

No. The sat won't receive foxtel but it can receive selectv.
Selectv is about $39 a month. I used to have it, good for CNN, MTV and the Movie Channels.

#33 renovatio

renovatio

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

Can I say to get TVB package I have to spend a total cost of $550, thats all? This is included sat disc, attena Splitter, receiver (160GB) come with FTA support and compatibile with selectv and installation?
About the Selectv, the Movie Channel as you mentioned is the same as the channle in foxtel, e.g. movie1, movie2, show case premiere....etc? sorry about this question, because i am new to oz...

#34 yungleboy

yungleboy

AV Forum Member

• 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

Anyone can suggest me a set box can accept 2 smart cards (TVB and SelecTv) and watch Australian Digital Free To Air TV such as Channel 7, 9, 10? Currently, I am using different set boxes from TVB and SelecTv but sharing the same satellite dish. Will be good if both services are combined together.

http://www.satplus.com.au/prod266.htm

I have a similar requirement.

Can you suggest a box that can accept 2 smart cards (TVB and Foxtel) and watch Australian Digital Free To Air TV such as Channel 7, 9, 10, and also allow you to record any of TVB, Foxtel, and Australian HD FTA channels ?

#35 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

Can I say to get TVB package I have to spend a total cost of $550, thats all? This is included sat disc, attena Splitter, receiver (160GB) come with FTA support and compatibile with selectv and installation?
About the Selectv, the Movie Channel as you mentioned is the same as the channle in foxtel, e.g. movie1, movie2, show case premiere....etc? sorry about this question, because i am new to oz...

Hi there,

If you get TVB to install it for you, you will only get a basic sat top box (compatibile with selectv).

As for Selectv, the movie channels are Movie ONE, Movie EXTRA, MOVIE CLASSICS, TCM plus Movie ONE (2 hour delay)
No Showtime or World movies, they are execlusive to Foxtel.

As for the total cost, please remember that this is subscription tv. You will also have to $50 a month to TVB!

#36 dwu

dwu

AV Forum Member

• 60 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

I have a similar requirement.

Can you suggest a box that can accept 2 smart cards (TVB and Foxtel) and watch Australian Digital Free To Air TV such as Channel 7, 9, 10, and also allow you to record any of TVB, Foxtel, and Australian HD FTA channels ?

You can't watch TVB and Foxtel on the one box because they are on different satellites and systems.
Have you got a PS3? Then you should get PLay TV.

#37 Alson

Alson

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sorry for reviving such an old thread.

I'm currently subscribed to TVB and have been for quite a while. Parents usually use videotapes to record tv shows they aren't able to watch when it's aired at strange times. I'm trying to get them off using video tapes and record using a HTPC. Does anyone currently do this at all, and could you provide some tips?

Currently looking at purchasing a Hauppauge tuner but I'm not sure how simple it would be for my parents to rename the files, especially to Chinese.

#38 Diana Yew

Diana Yew

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hi there,

If you can remove all the eqiupment yourself which you should if own the equipment, then it should only cost about $100 when you get a professional to reinstall at your new place. It's MORE expensive to install a new dish then to relocate it!
Obivously if you can't remove the equipment yourself, then buying a new set of dish maybe better.

Are you able to get on the roof?

Hi there

I am wondering with regards to your advice above, can you get any professional to reinstall the dish or do you have to get a professional that does only TVB satellite installation?

I am moving to Adelaide.