32 replies to this topic

#1 wilsact

wilsact

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hi guys,

Have any other forum members dealt with digitalcentre.com.au ?

I ordered and paid for a product from them some time ago, and it has been almost comical ever since.

I was assured the item was in stock and ready to ship as soon as full payment was made.

Well.......................ever since I made payment it has been one drama after another.

Promises that the item had been shipped, tracking numbers to be emailed that never were, or emails just ignored and not responded too.

Basically just given the run around and lied to over and over.

Well after a number of phone calls, and attempts to find out what was really going on, today find out item was only just leaving today. If that can be believed:)

Worst transaction I have ever been involved in. In the current economic climate you would hope for a little more.

Just an absolute nightmare!!! I am always very understanding of stock order delays etc, but after being told something IS in stock when it is obviously not, just to get

payment it is frustrating.

Maybe I have just been unlucky with them, but have been very patient and understanding with no result. I just hope they are not about to go into receivership or

something.

Maybe they are not that bad and others have done well with them, but just been a disaster with my transaction.

Now looking to cancel order so will be interesting to see if they try and hit me with any cancellation fee.

Straight to accc if they do:)

Would be interesting to hear if others have had similar nightmare dealings with them......

I should have know better, I normally stick to the stores. Learnt the hard way this time:)

Cheers

Edited by wilsact, 30 June 2009 - 08:23 PM.

#2 HDROCKS

HDROCKS

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Cancel order,charge back if C/C was used.
Far to much of this going on,they need a good kick up the a...
Will get to a stage soon when shops will just show you a picture and ask if you want to order it.

#3 rwo

rwo

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Will get to a stage soon when shops will just show you a picture and ask if you want to order it.

When we get to that stage, you may as well just buy everything on line and save money. Gone are the day's when you purchased from a brick's and motor so you could walk in with cash and walk out with the product you want to purchase.

#4 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,938 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Bought my BenQ PJ from them, initially by phone and then in store, can't say I had any issues

#5 wilsact

wilsact

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Bought my BenQ PJ from them, initially by phone and then in store, can't say I had any issues

Good to hear, maybe I was just unlucky with them.

Still I would have been far more understanding in the end with a little honesty from them.

cheers

Edited by wilsact, 01 July 2009 - 10:33 PM.

#6 mctoolhead

mctoolhead

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

Have a looky at this Linky

#7 wilsact

wilsact

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Have a looky at this Linky

Very interesting.

Well my posts are 100% fact and I have kept all the email corrospondence etc to prove it.

I definately havent defamed, just spoken about my experiences to see if any others have had issues.

You can imagine in my shoes it is always a concern to pay for an item that doesn't turn up when told it would.

Anyway I have received my item finally today, so letting it go. Just a bit dissappointing this transaction wasn't a bit easier, cause I am a pretty patient, loyal and understanding customer in general.

Anyway put it down to bad luck, as I can see many other buyers have done well with them.

Cheers

#8 Jeffie

Jeffie

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Dont worry I dont think he was saying be scared of litigation but that other people have experienced the same thing in the past.

#9 BeerGuzler

BeerGuzler

AV Forums Member

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

I Hear ya ,

I do believe that the consumer does have rights and what about the freedom of speech as I am on the understanding that you cannot sue everyone that makes a comment on the web.

Not the one to add my 2 cents worth via posts but think that Businesses need a reality check and listen to there consumers
Was looking around for a new unit several months ago, discovered our topic of interest and looked at the pricing and thought this was reasonable. After a quick background search with the various reviews I thought I'd give them benefit of the doubt as the pricing was great and proceeded with the order. Funds transfered and all is was looking great with the order - June.

Let me say I'm still waiting for the unit to arrive!

During those months I've called them , emailed them and even upgraded the model to ensure delivery as soon as possibe. Was advised on several occasions that they expect shipments within the next couple of days or there have been delays and so on. Been patient and I know what its like within the retail and service industry as we all hate unset consumers . Was finally called and advised that the unit has arrived (Aug - Tuesday ) and that they are waiting for the courier to pick it up so I should have it by the end of the week ( Fri )

Been excited as I've been hanging for my new toy for several months now, I organised the day off ( Friday )so I could accept delivery. Friday 4:00pm and no courier!!! I called them to find out whats going on as once again maybe courier had issues or something unexpected occured. Was put straight through to the manager ( after reading these posts I dont need to tell you who ) and informed that the unit was allocated to another order and turned out to be faulty thus admitting that they screwed the order up. He advised that they expect new shipment in next week. Well lets just say I lost my cool ABIT and kindly advised them of a truthful explanation as I have heard it all no excuses.. Well he started ramping on , sounded like an standard call centre excuse from another part of the globe.

Was offered my money back , I advised them it better come back with interest due to the amount as its been in your account for this time. Was going to throw in extra cables etc . Ok it happens however this is the 21st Century , a Phone call advising me of the stuff up could have saved me loss of income ( day off ) , was advised that they emailed me .. OK so your assuming that I have read the email when there is no way you could perform a read reciept ( They use there website webmail as there inbox became full at some point thanks to all the NDR's. )

Was informed that he the manager will be personally be contacting me early next week advising an ETA , I pre warned them that this matter would be taken up with the appropriate people should this order not be fullfilled next week.

Now , with the link mctoolhead posted I would assume been on the defence would indicate truth whereby if he tried to resolve the issues would be best practices and people would be grateful not annoyed . I highly doubt that a retailer would spend several thousands on an attempt to sue someone on defamation when there are multiple forums containing dissatisfaction on there services.

Wake up retailer and embrace you consumers comments , Your feedback is your worst enemy !

Will keep you posted on the outcome along with any information that would be useful should it go to this point.

Cheers

#10 BeerGuzler

BeerGuzler

AV Forums Member

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

posted twice.

Edited by BeerGuzler, 14 August 2009 - 11:25 PM.

#11 BeerGuzler

BeerGuzler

AV Forums Member

• 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

Continued,

The Manager never contacted as promised the following week, provided several days leeway. Found an email had been sent detailing the information that already had been discussed with the Manager on Friday.

Contacted Samsung to verify stock availability and to confirm return of faulty unit. Stock within the store is low an expecting another shipment late September '09.

Rang the store in question requesting a full refund only to hear another pout of excuses etc... Refund approved and will occur COB.

Currently in the middle of a refund which once again has been dishonoured due to only receiving part payment.

With documentation in hand from Digital Centre , waiting for a response to the delays. 10 weeks now all resulting from a bad decision in giving them benefit of the doubt in their services.

Advise , do a ring around to several other retailers before making any purchases to ensure they have stock , willing to match the price and most of guage their telephone manners eg profesionalism.

This is the 21st century and internet can influence the way we purchase goods.

#12 Firebird2

Firebird2

AV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

Wish I had done a look up on DigitalCentre before I made the stupid decision to order.

THEY GREY IMPORT PRODUCTS.

I ordered a Marantz SR7005 AV Reciever, rang them to confirm they have stock, and how long it will take to ship. Was that they did and that it usually ships in 3 days.

What a load of crap. now been 9 days, will not tell me when the goods will arrive. Have contacted my bank to advise that I am contesting the payment.

Stupid thing is that when you order they send you what they call an AML. You have to go to the Post Office show you credit card and Drivers license and get the guy at the Post Office to validate your ID. I can not do this right now as I am recovering from major knee surgery, I rang them to advise that I couild not meet this requirement, but they still put the charge on my credit card.

DO NOT BUY ANTTHING FROM THEM UNLESS YOU GO TO THE SHOP AND DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU HAVE THE GOODS.

I am contacting Today Tonight as I consult with Channel 7 and are suggesting that they do a story on Gray imports and will provide details for Digitalcentre.

I have also sent an email to marantz USA and also Yamaha Japan advising of the bad name this dodgie organisation is giving thier products.

Will also lodge a complaint with Consumer Affairs.

Spread the word on all the AV sites.

Cheers

Edited by Firebird2, 17 December 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#13 Dave T

Dave T

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Whoa! All hell breaks loose because it is a few days late.
I don't know the company , but expect you were looking to buy cheap and you are getting what you have paid for.
If I saved a few hundred and still got an item before Xmas I would be happy.
Of course if you have a warranty claim that may be a whole new bucket of worms.
Just my 2 cents (not a personal attack)

#14 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

Whoa! All hell breaks loose because it is a few days late.
I don't know the company , but expect you were looking to buy cheap and you are getting what you have paid for.
If I saved a few hundred and still got an item before Xmas I would be happy.
Of course if you have a warranty claim that may be a whole new bucket of worms.
Just my 2 cents (not a personal attack)

I can sympathise with the guy. I got caught out with these guys as well and took months to get money back when I tried to buy some speakers. Paid a 10% deposit and then they could not deliver and I was told by the distributor of the speakers that they were not getting any more product untill they paid an outstanding bill.

I would never deal with them again. No return phone calls or email. Never the same excuse twice and never the truth. My advice stay away.

Ended up buy the speakers from Sunnybank Hifi. Can highly recommend them.

my 2 cents.

#15 kc01

kc01

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Is Digital Centre an authorised dealer for Pioneer receivers? Although I'm aware that to stay away from this company, I can't help by noticed the current offer on Pionner receivers in particular LX53 for slight more than $1.3k.

http://www.digitalce...-receivers.html

#16 sirhc55

sirhc55

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have bought from them with no problems at all. In fact I made a mistake, I ordered a Pioneer receiver and then changed my mind. Phoned them - no problem they said, and a couple of days later my new Onkyo turned up. So from my point of view their service was excellent. The Onkyo came with Ambertech warranty card so not a grey import.

#17 SDL

SDL

AV Forums Member

• 10,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

The case of online comment has been tested with the various travel and hotel sites. Comment can be made with respect to impressions and review as long as they are not slandering a business. I see the linked thread points to a comment made by someone claiming to be from the business threatening legal action was a while ago in any case. I think discussing the customer service you get is fine if factual, but I think with any business, and I have an issue right now I am trying to get resolved, it is best to try to work out a solution with the business before going into writing about them. You hear a lot of bad reports about an organisation where the organisation has had no chance to respond or fix the issue (not saying this falls into that category) and people do tend to write bad reports more than they write good ones. The best solution is obviously one where we get what we are after, and the easiest way to do that is having open dialogue between the parties.

#18 sirhc55

sirhc55

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

The case of online comment has been tested with the various travel and hotel sites. Comment can be made with respect to impressions and review as long as they are not slandering a business. I see the linked thread points to a comment made by someone claiming to be from the business threatening legal action was a while ago in any case. I think discussing the customer service you get is fine if factual, but I think with any business, and I have an issue right now I am trying to get resolved, it is best to try to work out a solution with the business before going into writing about them. You hear a lot of bad reports about an organisation where the organisation has had no chance to respond or fix the issue (not saying this falls into that category) and people do tend to write bad reports more than they write good ones. The best solution is obviously one where we get what we are after, and the easiest way to do that is having open dialogue between the parties.

Absolutely spot-on

#19 sirhc55

sirhc55

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

Anyone can re-print a warranty card and just possibly the Onkyo was in stock, was it re-taped by ambertech?

I have had dealings and similar legal response from a large boat manufacturer whom I questioned their claimed hull material-very little can be done by a business unless there is sufficent evidence against your claims-1 persons word against another is rarely enough.

I believe the word reprint is incorrect. The word should be forged. If this were the case and it could be proven then the court case would be cut and dried B)

#20 veichelis

veichelis

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hi People, I have just got off the phone to digital center... I ordered a motorised screen 2 weeks ago, paid 79 dollars shipping and am yet to receive anything....
I was promised a tracking number on friday... (today is Monday) and nothing as yet...
so...
after reading the great dealings with these fantastic people on here I called Herma...
after 10 mins of explaining my situation to them (i only wanted to know IF the screen had been ordered by digital centre for me) I spoke to there accountant who told me Digital centres credit HAD BEEN STOPPED as they have not paid there account... hmmm
so I demanded my money back.
Now I am waiting to see how long that takes...
ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

#21 Quark

Quark

AV Forums Member

• 3,316 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

If you paid by credit card just contact your bank and insist on a chargeback.

#22 veichelis

veichelis

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

unfortunately I paid by direct crediting there bank acc...
Of course I have the paper trail but I doubt I will get my refund in a hurry...
I also questioned them on delivery costs of 79.00... I thought that was excessive...
I just ordered a screen from Justprojectors and freight was 28.00 and will be here in 2 days... heres hoping

#23 SDL

SDL

AV Forums Member

• 10,650 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi People, I have just got off the phone to digital center... I ordered a motorised screen 2 weeks ago, paid 79 dollars shipping and am yet to receive anything.... I was promised a tracking number on friday... (today is Monday) and nothing as yet... so... after reading the great dealings with these fantastic people on here I called Herma... after 10 mins of explaining my situation to them (i only wanted to know IF the screen had been ordered by digital centre for me) I spoke to there accountant who told me Digital centres credit HAD BEEN STOPPED as they have not paid there account... hmmm so I demanded my money back. Now I am waiting to see how long that takes... ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Just out of interest, and not that it helps you (maybe you don't want to say?), but with the $79 shipping added on top what was the advantage of going to these guys anyway? How much roughly are you saving over a B&M store, or a more widely used online store? Just interested how much money people are saving that makes them want to take a risk with these types of organisations? Especially one that wants direct deposit?

Edited by SDL, 06 February 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#24 Quark

Quark

AV Forums Member

• 3,316 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

unfortunately I paid by direct crediting there bank acc...
Of course I have the paper trail but I doubt I will get my refund in a hurry...
I also questioned them on delivery costs of 79.00... I thought that was excessive...
I just ordered a screen from Justprojectors and freight was 28.00 and will be here in 2 days... heres hoping

With DC it might help to tell them you're lodging a complaint with the Small Claims Tribunal if you don't have the money back in your account within 24 hours - and don't be afraid to follow through on the threat.

#25 veichelis

veichelis

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Oh absolutely... these assholes totally mucked me around... they have had my money for 2 weeks now and they assured me they will transfer the money back to me tonight... i have my doubts tho cos I asked for proof via email remittance..and still waiting at 5pm melbourne time.