• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antic

Antic

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hi,
Is there such an Intrument than can pinpoint the FTA Transmission Towers in my area from any location within the Transmitters range.
What I am looking for is to point the arial at the correct Transmitter from any rooftop.
I am assuming this will work from GPS co-ordinance.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

#2 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,647 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Antic,
Go to the Geographic Viewers’ Forum, which is near the bottom of the main forum’s home page. Select your region and read the pinned post “Get the Best Reception”. Please post any further correspondence in that strand for all in your region to see. I will see it anyway. You could also search your location in that strand for others in your area.

The answers depend on what transmitters you are trying to receive and what you are using now to receive the signal.
So on the appropriate forum state your location and whether you are using a roof antenna, indoor antenna or from an antenna system in a block of apartments.H

Alan

#3 wahroonga farm

wahroonga farm

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

Hi,
Is there such an Intrument than can pinpoint the FTA Transmission Towers in my area from any location within the Transmitters range.....Cheers

Any handheld GPS.

#4 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,647 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Antic,
The reason for the link, is to ensure that you also know where the translators are. Check the transmitter list on the appropriate "Get the best reception post"
A digital field strength meter connected to the antenna is the only real way of ensuring the best aim and location for the antenna.

AlanH