530 replies to this topic

#51 jaxmachine1007

jaxmachine1007

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

post answer by brucethebear

Edited by jaxmachine1007, 21 April 2009 - 01:22 PM.

#52 bammac

bammac

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hi Bammac,

"Sign up now and get FREE* installation of FOXTEL. Plus, when you upgrade to FOXTEL HD+ for just $200, we'll throw in your very first month of our Premium Value package – as well as all HD+ channels** – absolutely FREE*!"

The way I read it is that you are getting a free foxtel install, but pay $200 if you want to upgrade to IQ2.

A bit misleading, image of an IQ2 box next to the line in BLUE "FREE INSTALL*"... can't even find the * info on the page

#53 grb

grb

DTV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

From Foxtels website (for IQ2)

"FOXTEL iQ2 customers require fixed phone line for FBO and adult services."

This of course can also be done by calling them.

you can also book FBO movies and PPV via My Foxtel on the web site.

https://www.foxtel.c...unt/default.htm

#54 Mitcon

Mitcon

DTV Forums Member

• 533 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

Don't know how you all get the deals, I keep ringing and asking but they tell me you do have to pay the $200 extra at install for IQ2.

Whats wrong with Foxtel, do they not give any bonus or deals for loyal existing customers ? I'd upgrade to IQ2 in a flash if I didn't have to pay that $200, but instead now I'm thinking of just cancelling my Foxtel. We have been customers for as long as I can remember, nada for loyalty. Prices must vary from state to state also as some folks seem to pay less for more service than we currently get also.

#55 brucethebear

brucethebear

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

Don't know how you all get the deals, I keep ringing and asking but they tell me you do have to pay the $200 extra at install for IQ2.

Whats wrong with Foxtel, do they not give any bonus or deals for loyal existing customers ? I'd upgrade to IQ2 in a flash if I didn't have to pay that $200, but instead now I'm thinking of just cancelling my Foxtel. We have been customers for as long as I can remember, nada for loyalty. Prices must vary from state to state also as some folks seem to pay less for more service than we currently get also.

Hi Wayne,

Ring and tell them you want to cancel. I bet they bend over backwards to keep you.

#56 stahc

stahc

DTV Forums Member

• Banned
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Hi Wayne,

Ring and tell them you want to cancel. I bet they bend over backwards to keep you.

we were discussing this option at work today..............quite a few long timers getting the dirts with foxtel

#57 kayasuma

kayasuma

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

signed up a couple of days ago on the 12 month/free install/free 1st month/ free iq for 3 months deal. I got them to extended the free IQ to 12 months without any dramas. (same deal as JB had earlier in the year). Not too bad if you dont really need or want IQ2 & HD.

#58 split_city

split_city

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

These guys really play hardball!

I'm currently out of contract (a couple of months) and the wife and I were deciding on whether to keep foxtel when we moved to another house. Did a bit of research and tried to get this deal via the cancellation department (someone else was lucky enough to get this a few months back):

12 months
free installation
$100 updgrade to iq2
free iq2 for 12 months
free HD channels for 7 months
free plat. package for first month

I was told they had to speak to their supervsior and they would get back to me. HA! Was over a week and no phone call. I rang up again and spoke to this girl and she basically laughed and said no-one would get that. The best she could offer me was free relocation cost (normally $99) and 3 months of My sport. We are currently on Basic + My sport with iq1. I said thanks, but no thanks.

I eventually spoke to another rep and was offered this:

12 months
free installation
$200 upgrade to iq2 (ggrr...wouldn't budge on this!)

and

free iq2 for 12 months (but had to pay for first month on premium package [$81])

OR

free premium package for 1st month but had to pay $10/month iq2

Decided to go with the former option. Certainly not as good as what others have gotten but OK given that we have only been with foxtel for just over 2 years, only have one outlet and have only been on basic + my sport package throughout the contract period. I'm sure others could do better if they haggled more.

#59 Mitcon

Mitcon

DTV Forums Member

• 533 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:29 PM

These guys really play hardball!

I'm currently out of contract (a couple of months) and the wife and I were deciding on whether to keep foxtel when we moved to another house. Did a bit of research and tried to get this deal via the cancellation department (someone else was lucky enough to get this a few months back):

12 months
free installation
$100 updgrade to iq2
free iq2 for 12 months
free plat. package for first month

I was told they had to speak to their supervsior and they would get back to me. HA! Was over a week and no phone call. I rang up again and spoke to this girl and she basically laughed and said no-one would get that. The best she could offer me was free relocation cost (normally $99) and 3 months of My sport. We are currently on Basic + My sport with iq1. I said thanks, but no thanks.

I eventually spoke to another rep and was offered this:

12 months
free installation
$200 upgrade to iq2 (ggrr...wouldn't budge on this!)

and

free iq2 for 12 months (but had to pay for first month on premium package [$81])

OR

free premium package for 1st month but had to pay $10/month iq2

Decided to go with the former option. Certainly not as good as what others have gotten but OK given that we have only been with foxtel for just over 2 years, only have one outlet and have only been on basic + my sport package throughout the contract period. I'm sure others could do better if they haggled more.

I normally haggle well but I had no luck at all, I tried and tried and they would not give me anything free. They just kept saying we're currently not doing any deals and called my buff on canceling, I was so mad but the wife wants me to keep it. I may still just cancel and deal with the wife/kids later as I'm sick of Foxtel. been customers on the top package for over a decade. Great customer service Foxtel !

#60 Illuzive

Illuzive

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

this is pretty poor form from Foxtel - whatever happened to the rumours they wanted EVERYONE on IQ by the end of last year? If you want people on IQ then make it more attractive to upgrade to it -

why would anyone pay $100 installation and $10 p/m for IQ1 when IQ2 is $200 installation and $10p/m

Surely they should reduce the IQ1 rate at least to make that more attractive?

I'm currently only on standard foxtel and am keen to upgrade to IQ, but not $10p/m keen!

#61 Deccas

Deccas

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'm currently only on standard foxtel and am keen to upgrade to IQ, but not $10p/m keen!

Couldn't agree with you more, especially when IQ2 is the same price.

#62 kopthat

kopthat

DTV Forums Member

• 1,127 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

I was on the standard pace box and upgraded about 6 months ago to the IQ2 for $100 install
without any of the HD packages, plus they deferred ther $10 per month for 12 months,
and I must say it is bloody brilliant, and I can pause those annoying ads
and just fast forward 30x on any pre recorded program.
I think it is worth the extra $10 a month

#63 brenton

brenton

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

i ordered a new install last night

i have platinum hd (not premum value) for one month free, 7 months of free hd channels, 12 month contract, free install, IQ2 for $210

from there, $10/mon for iq2 and whatever sd channels we want. install happening on friday. was reasonable comforatble with that deal.

#64 cstead

cstead

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

i ordered a new install last night

i have platinum hd (not premum value) for one month free, 7 months of free hd channels, 12 month contract, free install, IQ2 for $210

from there, $10/mon for iq2 and whatever sd channels we want. install happening on friday. was reasonable comforatble with that deal.

I got the exact same deal today. Seems good. Was also promised 10 new channels in October.

#65 nihonjin

nihonjin

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

Well i just signed up today on the following deal:

basic package
my sports
my escape
my playtime

free installation
free first month on premium package
free 3 months of my sport
free IQ1 for 12 months

#66 guardian452

guardian452

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:25 PM

Got Foxtel this week (ordered last week). Was planning on getting standard foxtel but when he gal asked about getting IQ2 and HD I said I wasnt all that impressed with the extra costs, but as a comment rather than an intention of haggling. Fox rep said she'll speak to her TL and see what they could do, and she came back with the standard current deal (free install, 12 months contract etc) but IQ2 box for $150 and 7 months of the HD channels for free (still have to pay the $10 per month for IQ2 though). I took it :)

#67 ozboy

ozboy

DTV Forums Member

• 614 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

I just got Foxtel HD with first 7 months of HD channels free for $200 install.
No monthly charges for the IQ2 box!!

#68 sohail

sohail

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

I just got Foxtel HD with first 7 months of HD channels free for $200 install.
No monthly charges for the IQ2 box!!

Where did you got this deal from (i.e. over the phone or from a kiosk)?

Just saw the Foxtel website, they are giving away IQ (not IQ2) free for 1 year officially.

I am also interested in IQ2 not just IQ because i like to have the HD channels.

Edited by sohail, 12 May 2009 - 08:44 PM.

#69 cg01

cg01

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Where did you got this deal from (i.e. over the phone or from a kiosk)?

Just saw the Foxtel website, they are giving away IQ (not IQ2) free for 1 year officially.

I am also interested in IQ2 not just IQ because i like to have the HD channels.

If you look at the fine print it says minimum cost iq1 is 521 and iq2 is 721 so you would get the iq2 free rental but still have to pay 200 upfront.

The 7 months free I've seen was from a kiosk, you could get it over the phone, but kiosks are usually more keen for the sale.

#70 Guest_ChiroMatt_*

Guest_ChiroMatt_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:43 AM

I got iq2 installed for $100 free iq multi room with $10 ongoing per month for multi... Free iq service and hd platinum free for 7 months... No contract.... I'm existing subscriber. Just keep threatening to disconnect... They will give you a deal.

#71 sohail

sohail

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

If you look at the fine print it says minimum cost iq1 is 521 and iq2 is 721 so you would get the iq2 free rental but still have to pay 200 upfront.

The 7 months free I've seen was from a kiosk, you could get it over the phone, but kiosks are usually more keen for the sale.

Hi there:

I just spoke with the Foxtel sales representatives at Rhodes. They told me that they can do the free iq2 for a year and also free HD channels for 7 months but there are few conditions:

1. To subscribe to HD Sport, you must upgrade to FOXTEL iQ2 and you must subscribe to Get Started and My Sport.

2. To subscribe to HD Explore you must upgrade to FOXTEL iQ2 and you must subscribe to Get Started and one of My Playtime or My World or My Escape.

I like to ask the people who got the free 7 months of HD channels, did you guys also sign up for the packages as mentioned above?

thank you.

#72 davidhes

davidhes

DTV Forums Member

• 256 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I just signed up to foxtel and got the current EOFYS sale for IQ1 but I manged to get sports package free for the first 2 months.

#73 cg01

cg01

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi there:

I just spoke with the Foxtel sales representatives at Rhodes. They told me that they can do the free iq2 for a year and also free HD channels for 7 months but there are few conditions:

1. To subscribe to HD Sport, you must upgrade to FOXTEL iQ2 and you must subscribe to Get Started and My Sport.

2. To subscribe to HD Explore you must upgrade to FOXTEL iQ2 and you must subscribe to Get Started and one of My Playtime or My World or My Escape.

I like to ask the people who got the free 7 months of HD channels, did you guys also sign up for the packages as mentioned above?

thank you.

Yeah, you need to get the corresponding SD channels to get the 7 months HD.

Try and get a few more months thrown in on the IQ rental (I've seen 15 months free IQ rental thrown about)

#74 teamjlf

teamjlf

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

Went to a small Westfields foxtel shop and got these offers

IQ1 - 3 Months free IQ box rental, no install, first month premium package free, 12 month contract

OR

IQ2 - 3 months free IQ box rental, $200 install, first month premium package free, 7 months HD channels free, 12 month contract.

Not sure if these are any good but thought I'd pass them on.

Also, can anyone tell me why IQ2 has a $200 install??? Apart from a HDMI cable, the other cables are the same as an IQ1 (which has no install cost).

I mean I have the outlet foxtel ready, I just need someone to bring the box and plug it in.

I just went through the same thing trying to upgrade my IQ1 to IQ2.........
They will not budge on the $200 initial fee. It is their cost for supplying the unit to you......what a joke........I basically asked them why I had to pay for a box to allow me to access their programs that I was paying a monthly access fee for ????

I rang 3 times and tried 3 different operators and they all told me the same thing.....NOT NEGOTIABLE on the $200 regardless of the fact that I have been a loyal TELSTRA customer for 16 years !!!!!

Anyway.....being the persistent person I am......I rang again and this time ( 4th time round ) I got a very nice lady who was very sensitive to my cause and went "around" the system to work out a deal for me that would kind of negate 50% of the cost of the IQ2, which meant that I would only end up paying $100 for the upgrade and not $200. Better than a kick in the teeth I guess !!!!!!

#75 sohail

sohail

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, you need to get the corresponding SD channels to get the 7 months HD.

Try and get a few more months thrown in on the IQ rental (I've seen 15 months free IQ rental thrown about)

Thank you cg01 for the 15 month TIP, I will ask the guy for it. It is a trick from Foxtel that they will not give HD with out the SD channels, I mean what is the point. I don’t want to watch SD channels but I have to get the SD channels to be able to get HD channel, what a rip off.