Photo

Seinfeld Complete Series Set - Best Price?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 forseti

forseti

AV Forums Member

• 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

hi all,

I got the latest Big W catelog and it has the Seinfeld complete series set advertised for $138 with a december 3rd release. The box is a white fridge and looks smaller than the previous complete seinfeld release. Anyway I wanted to know has anyone seen this cheaper as I would like to pick it up on the 3rd from big w if it is a good deal...

What say you the AV gods?

#2 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Very good price!

http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/802124

#3 forseti

forseti

AV Forums Member

• 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

Very good price!

http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/802124

yeah I did all the uaual online checks for ezydvd, jb, etc and big W was the cheapest. That is why I thought I would post as this seems like a nice deal and I have been wanting the seinfeld set for a while now but it was too expensive for me before...

#4 momaw

momaw

AV Forums Member

• 12,790 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

I got mine at the start of the year using a Borders 40% off coupon that came via email. My suggestion is to wait for the next borders coupon that offers a good discount. From recollection mine was only just over $100 with the coupon.

#5 AndyM

AndyM

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

the price sounds good,but i think the price on this website is pretty good.check it out ,give u a surprise
www.dvdprostore.com

I'd be careful buying from this site. The james bond box set they sell is the illegal pirated version you get on ebay. Would not suprise me if this is the same deal.

Also at $50 US I presume plus postage, you are not saving that much. Borders current voucher is for 40% off, so may look at getting this tonight :)

#6 forseti

forseti

AV Forums Member

• 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

the price sounds good,but i think the price on this website is pretty good.check it out ,give u a surprise
www.dvdprostore.com

thanks for the suggestion but I would not buy from these guys ever. All copied fakes from somewhere in asia. I try to stick to retailers or online stores based in OZ. Daggy I know but I want to ensure my money stays in OZ and help other aussies if possible.

andym - my wife has the borders 40% off voucher so it looks like I am all set to buy either way this week! great idea thanks...

#7 AndyM

AndyM

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:28 AM

andym - my wife has the borders 40% off voucher so it looks like I am all set to buy either way this week! great idea thanks...

No worries. Adelaide Borders didnt have any in stock last night, so I'll have to try again tomorrow or thursday before the voucher run out.

#8 BigA1

BigA1

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

Just a quick heads up.. printed the coupon and got the Sein pack for $109 after 40% off at the Borders in Sydney. They also gave me a $10 off voucher to be used in January against ANY purchase.

Cheers
BA

#9 momaw

momaw

AV Forums Member

• 12,790 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

My work here is done :D

#10 forseti

forseti

AV Forums Member

• 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

My work here is done :D

yep, used the voucher and picked up from garden city today for $108. All sweet and I got the $10 voucher for any purchase in january as well which was great!

saved a decent bunch of money and therefore............ happy wife, happy life ;-)

#11 Dyllip

Dyllip

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

i want the coupon :( LOL

#12 BigA1

BigA1

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:40 AM

Guys

PM me with your email address and I'll try to email one to you.

I am not sure if the barcode is unique but could be worth the try?

Cheers

BTW expires on the 4th of Dec so need to be quick to secure a baragin hehehe

i want the coupon :( LOL

Edited by BigA1, 03 December 2008 - 07:48 AM.

#13 gaaraa

gaaraa

AV Forums Member

• 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

When it says the voucher expires on the 4th does that mean i can use it on the 4th? or that the 3rd is the last day?

#14 forseti

forseti

AV Forums Member

• 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

When it says the voucher expires on the 4th does that mean i can use it on the 4th? or that the 3rd is the last day?

the way I read the voucher is that you could use it on the 4th (going from memory as I used mine already).

If in doubt call borders and feel the love of 40% off. Also note my wife's friend used hers today and you can use it more than once! She used it three times, the catch was once per transaction which was the only rule she had to follow. So I am going to print off some more and use them tomorrow...

#15 momaw

momaw

AV Forums Member

• 12,790 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

Slightly off-topic but since the conversation is revolving around the Borders discount, I just got the Complete Season 4 of Doctor Who for $59.97 with the coupon.

This is only out today so I'm pretty happy. Got the only copy too. Beat someone else by literally 2 seconds (staff racing to the locked counter to get it out).

#16 rareairunc

rareairunc

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

hi i just want to know if anyone is interested in moving on their seinfeld set for the right price? pm me if you are