• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 moxica

moxica

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hi,
Has anyone else had (or heard of?) issues with the XMS SDX-250P stb? It's the one Strathfield were selling (possibly still are) earlier in the year for $250, the one with the 250GB hard drive. I'm onto my 2nd one of these, the first one went back within 6 weeks when the hard drive died, it wouldn't even reformat. Six months later the replacement one is acting up as well, where it doesn't seem to realise there's a hard drive there....sometimes if I power it off at the back and leave it for a bit I can get it to recongnise the hard drive, but most of the time it doesn't make any difference. I've a few things on there I still want to try and watch, so I'm reluctant to try formatting at this stage....

Cheers!

#2 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

there are two issues, firstly there were some with hard drive issues, secondly there is a new firmware available which sorts most of the issues that the box had

#3 moxica

moxica

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

there are two issues, firstly there were some with hard drive issues, secondly there is a new firmware available which sorts most of the issues that the box had

Ah, might try the firmware.....where is it available from? I've tried googling it but I can't seem to track it down? Once I get it how is it transferred to the stb and installed?
Thanks for the info :)

Cheers!

#4 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

Ah, might try the firmware.....where is it available from? I've tried googling it but I can't seem to track it down? Once I get it how is it transferred to the stb and installed?
Thanks for the info :)

Cheers!

PM me your email address and I'll have someone contact you with the firmware and instructions

#5 simonac

simonac

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

PM me your email address and I'll have someone contact you with the firmware and instructions

I have the same problem. my xms digital tv receiver and recorder sdx-250p will not open hard disk and in menu says hard disk 0 mb used and 0 mb available.
i'd like to try the firmware update
Could you send me the link and the instructions too?
many thanks
Simon

#6 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

Could you send me the link and the instructions too?

no, as I don't have them, if you PM me your email address though I'll have someone get in touch to help you out

#7 simonac

simonac

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

Sounds great.
my email is
simoncohen11@yahoo.co.uk
Many thanks

#8 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

Sounds great.
my email is
simoncohen11@yahoo.co.uk
Many thanks

have just sent your details off, sorry it wasn't sooner but I never got a PM which would have emailed me a notification :)

#9 travelcel

travelcel

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hi im also having the same issue with my sdx-250p.i get this message on my tv screen 'HDD init not finished, pleasetry it later!' My email is balmain2@hotmail.com any help will be greatfully appreciated

#10 Burra

Burra

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hi im also having the same issue with my sdx-250p.i get this message on my tv screen 'HDD init not finished, pleasetry it later!' My email is balmain2@hotmail.com any help will be greatfully appreciated

Hi all, did you have any luck in solving balmain2's problem? I have just had exactly the same frustrations as he/she. My message on the screen is identical....."HDD init not finished, please try later!" I would very much appreciate help from anyone if you can.
My email is payneless@gmail.com thanks

#11 Burra

Burra

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hi all, did you have any luck in solving balmain2's problem? I have just had exactly the same frustrations as he/she. My message on the screen is identical....."HDD init not finished, please try later!" I would very much appreciate help from anyone if you can.
My email is payneless@gmail.com thanks

I have not been able to get any further with this, and just the other day discovered that my problem is the same as "simonac"s.
My XMS sdx - 250p will not open the hard disk and the menu says "hard disk 0mb used omb available".
I too would greatly appreciate any help. My email address is payneless@gmail.com
Thanks a lot.

#12 kevind

kevind

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Giday all

I need to get the firmware for this as well but am unable PM jok11n for some reason, can anyone help?

Any success for the people who have upgraded?

#13 kevind

kevind

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Giday all

I need to get the firmware for this as well but am unable PM jok11n for some reason, can anyone help?

Any success for the people who have upgraded?

OK PM problem is I have not posted enough yet:((

This threads links appear to be broken, don't want to spam everywhere to get my posts up but may have to! http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=44129

on Topic
I get exactly the same info as Burra, it would appear that the HDD is not booting at all, no power up so firmware maybe a problem but not the only one

#14 moxica

moxica

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

Hi, sorry I haven't been keeping an eye on this thread over the last few weeks....
In answer to the questions on whether the firmware upgrade worked, I have to say it didn't work for me, I still had the same 'HDD init not finished, please try again later' message, and with the stb reporting a 0MB HD under settings. I brought my unit back to the store I purchased it from for an exchange of a new one, which is working ok at the moment....it meant of course that I lost all the stuff I had recorded on the broken stb. Hopefully the new one will work without issue, this is my third one I'm onto now (the first failed within 6 weeks, the second within 6 months of replacing the first, both with exactly the same issue with the HD).

I should also point out that through the process of trying the firmware upgrade (and getting it in the first place) jok11n and the person he put me in contact with were both extremely helpful and their assistance was (is!) much appreciated......

Cheers....

#15 winjohnson

winjohnson

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

hello guys,

We are the manufacturer of this product whick located in China, to be frankly,the PVR may have HDD problem,we now going to return back the defective units to factory repaird. we have sold many PVR to Aus market but only XMS-250P have this problem,it is west digital HDD, we now have changed our HDD supplier to Hitachi. I think it will be better.

#16 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

In answer to the questions on whether the firmware upgrade worked, I have to say it didn't work for me, I still had the same 'HDD init not finished, please try again later' message, and with the stb reporting a 0MB HD under settings.

anyone that has this same issue will likely be a hard drive issue as they did get a batch of problem drives but the updated firmware may work in some circumstances, there were also some needed fixes in this update, if anyone doesn't have the ability to do the update and have this hard drive issue they can return it to place of purchase for replacement

#17 Seven_au

Seven_au

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

Im having the same problem is there any chance of getting help on this one as well.

Also anyone got any idea what the pin code is for these machines

#18 Seven_au

Seven_au

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Sorry just found out I cant pm either - any info on how to do a firmware as I cant find anything on it please email me mmsmith(at)adam.com.au

Thanks heaps in advance as I have no access to the hdd and cant even reformat as dont know the pin code.

#19 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Sorry just found out I cant pm either - any info on how to do a firmware as I cant find anything on it please email me mmsmith(at)adam.com.au

Thanks heaps in advance as I have no access to the hdd and cant even reformat as dont know the pin code.

take it back to place of purchase and get them to arrange a replacement, I'd advise you do it ASAP

#20 garyjeff

garyjeff

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

Does anyone know where these can be sent under warranty now, mine failed the other day and I hear the Strathfield Group has has gone under. Has anyone replaced the HDD in these machines? Are there any restrictions on HDD capacity in the firmware or any other problems? Thanks.

#21 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Does anyone know where these can be sent under warranty now, mine failed the other day and I hear the Strathfield Group has has gone under. Has anyone replaced the HDD in these machines? Are there any restrictions on HDD capacity in the firmware or any other problems? Thanks.

you can still take it back for warranty, I would advise doing it sooner rather than later though

#22 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

What does it mean ?

it means you're a spammer

reported

#23 Tinkerbel

Tinkerbel

AV Forum Member

• 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

I too have this product however my problem has nothing to do with the HDD. I am constantly frustrated by the timer recording function not working correctly. From what I can work out the STB must be switched on, not in standby mode. It seems that when it goes into standby mode it can interfere with other programs you may have in your timer selection. This is very annoying when you are not home and wish to pre-program something for recording. I thought maybe a firmware update may stop this from happening but I would need this emailed to me along with instructions on how to do the firmware update. If you could please help me with this I would be extremely grateful. My email address is belindarussell55@hotmail.com
Thanking you in advance.

#24 jokiin

jokiin

AV Forum Member

• 3,560 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

I too have this product however my problem has nothing to do with the HDD. I am constantly frustrated by the timer recording function not working correctly. From what I can work out the STB must be switched on, not in standby mode. It seems that when it goes into standby mode it can interfere with other programs you may have in your timer selection. This is very annoying when you are not home and wish to pre-program something for recording. I thought maybe a firmware update may stop this from happening but I would need this emailed to me along with instructions on how to do the firmware update. If you could please help me with this I would be extremely grateful. My email address is belindarussell55@hotmail.com
Thanking you in advance.

have asked someone to contact you with further details

#25 Tinkerbel

Tinkerbel

AV Forum Member

• 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

have asked someone to contact you with further details

Thank you. I did receive an email from someone named Daniel Chen however there was nothing contained in the email. Not sure if this is the person you were refering to.