#503 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

.6365 Euros

thats a loss of $20 for every $100 over the last few months

i know a lot of you are just interested in BluRays, but this affects European cars...this will push the Alfa 4C well over $100K, it was originally earmarked at around $50-$60K

not to mention cheeses, wines, clothes, furniture...Sonus Faber, BnO, BnW, ...

i refuse to wear Billabong!!!!

#504 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,993 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yep it was much cheaper when the Italian economy had to stand on its own as far as its currency went.

#505 tonyjg

tonyjg

AV Forum Member

• 3,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

87.32 lowest for 3.5 years.........

banana republic.... he we come !!

and there's nothing that the Libs (Federal or State) will do much to fix it ! Free Trade ??? ..... nope... Free Falling Dollar sorry.. Peso.

#506 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,993 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Perfectly timed too ... Just when we no longer manufacture anything anyone wants LOL!

#507 Jie

Jie

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Not really, for we are still digging hard, and there are a lot of houses we want to sell to the foreigners! :-(

Perfectly timed too ... Just when we no longer manufacture anything anyone wants LOL!

#508 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

"Those planning a trip overseas or buying online from overseas should consider making purchases soon or locking-in the good currency exchange rates now.    
Most analysts expect the value of the Australian dollar to fall against the United States dollar and the British pound and reduce the Australian dollar’s purchasing power in those countries.

The relative interest rates among the major economies are among the most important factors that determine currency exchange rates. Generally, a higher relative interest rate supports a higher currency; though currency exchange rates are notoriously volatile and hard to predict.
One Australian dollar buys about 93 US cents now. In April last year it was buying more than 105 US cents and hit a low of 87 US cents in late January this year. However, just about every analyst expects the Australian dollar to move lower against the greenback and pound."

Bugger...

JSmith :ninja:

#509 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 12,099 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

One Australian dollar buys about 93 US cents now. In April last year it was buying more than 105 US cents and hit a low of 87 US cents in late January this year.

The US benchmark interest rate has been steady at 2.5% for over 5 years now.

For more than a year the Oz interest rate has been ... steady at 2.5%

I'm sure interest rates and currency are connected but it can be pretty tenuous at times. :)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#510 broadbean

broadbean

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 PM

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to remember the good ol' days...  :bye:

#511 tonyjg

tonyjg

AV Forum Member

• 3,106 posts

Posted Today, 06:47 AM

yep.... 6 year low of just over 70c.....   all thanks to our marvellous Abbort Govt - all heil Abort and Border Farce !!!     oh well, you could always try downloading stuff over the copper wire. :)

#512 mwd

mwd

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted Today, 09:57 AM

yep.... 6 year low of just over 70c.....   all thanks to our marvellous Abbort Govt - all heil Abort and Border Farce !!!     oh well, you could always try downloading stuff over the copper wire. :)

Not so sure it is all Government could be China has something to do with it. Exporters are happy though.  Me not though I changed a big wad of US to AUS  when it was 78c and was charged 81c by the ANZ. If only I had waited another month  :angry:

#513 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,366 posts

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

... and now Hockey wants to hit people with a 10% GST on products that are already much more expensive to import due to the exchange rate. I hope he enjoys those Cubans whenever he lights up...

JSmith :ninja:

#514 beejay76

beejay76

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

They are predicting the AUD will fall below 60 cents next year, so buy now, and travel now....

#515 beejay76

beejay76

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted Today, 10:50 AM

Not so sure it is all Government could be China has something to do with it. Exporters are happy though.  Me not though I changed a big wad of US to AUS  when it was 78c and was charged 81c by the ANZ. If only I had waited another month  :angry:

You will never pick it....and changing foreign cash to AUD at a local bank is very profitable for the bank. Lucky for me I changed all my AUD to USD when it was 1.05 - it went up to 1.08 and I had the same thought as you "wish I had waited another month". In hindsight I am happy as I still have a "war chest" of cheap USD. So I've been insulated from the plunging AUD to some extent.

#516 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted Today, 01:44 PM

It dipped into 0.68 earlier today