9 replies to this topic

#1 lummie

lummie

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask, is there an ombudsman I can contact about Foxtel. There was a question I wanted to investigate about and wanted to know who to contact?

Additionally is there anyone else other than customer service and that Customer advocate that I can talk to about some of the problems i have been having? Like a letter I can send to their main office?

Thanks

#2 Andrew Cowley

Andrew Cowley

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Try the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

http://www.tio.com.au/

#3 Paranoid666au

Paranoid666au

DTV Forums Member

• 1,590 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

Maybe Department of consumer affairs? I think that's what it's called.

#4 neversaydie

neversaydie

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

The regulatory authority used to be called Australian Broadcasting Authority but ACMA took over responsibility a couple of years ago so you could try broadcasting@acma.gov.au

#5 Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey

DTV Forums Member

• 7,832 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Depends exactly what the nature of your issue is as to which body you should contact..

Consumer affais is probably best positioned to advise - tho any of them should be able to suggest whom you should contact.

Cheers,
Bitey

#6 loony

loony

DTV Forums Member

• 1,969 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

Try the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

http://www.tio.com.au/

Foxtel is not governed by the TIO

#7 loony

loony

DTV Forums Member

• 1,969 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask, is there an ombudsman I can contact about Foxtel. There was a question I wanted to investigate about and wanted to know who to contact?

Additionally is there anyone else other than customer service and that Customer advocate that I can talk to about some of the problems i have been having? Like a letter I can send to their main office?

Thanks

Foxtel have their own customer advocate if that is what you are looking for?

http://www.foxtel.co...omerService.htm

What is the nature of your enquiries?

Edited by loony, 17 July 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#8 mosblk

mosblk

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

Foxtel have their own customer advocate if that is what you are looking for?

i'd guess he's after some independent advice.

Try ACMA as someone mentioned earlier. Or Dept of Fair Trading in your state.

#9 lummie

lummie

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

Sorry, I should have clarified I have gone through the Customer advocate line but felt that it was as if I called up the customer service line. I noticed they are not under TIO so it makes hard to find any independent authority. I mainly had issue with the deal they offered. I joined up on the 12 month contract they offered, but then a few days later they suddenly released the same deal but with half off IQ as well. I was mainly disappointed that a better deal was released just a few days after being connected up. I wanted to find out if there is any sort of thing that allows deals to be matched within a certain period. I guess the fact it is only one company I wouldn't think so but it just seem a bit convenient they offer me the 12 month deal then the better deal comes within just a few days.

The customer advocate acted like they were sympathetic but just said they are not allowed to give the difference as they are only told of the offers once they become available.

I would understand if I joined say 2 months before but a few days!

#10 loony

loony

DTV Forums Member

• 1,969 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Sorry, I should have clarified I have gone through the Customer advocate line but felt that it was as if I called up the customer service line. I noticed they are not under TIO so it makes hard to find any independent authority. I mainly had issue with the deal they offered. I joined up on the 12 month contract they offered, but then a few days later they suddenly released the same deal but with half off IQ as well. I was mainly disappointed that a better deal was released just a few days after being connected up. I wanted to find out if there is any sort of thing that allows deals to be matched within a certain period. I guess the fact it is only one company I wouldn't think so but it just seem a bit convenient they offer me the 12 month deal then the better deal comes within just a few days.

The customer advocate acted like they were sympathetic but just said they are not allowed to give the difference as they are only told of the offers once they become available.

I would understand if I joined say 2 months before but a few days!

That really is a bummer however i dont think there is anything anyone could do, even a TIO type organisation.

Unfortunately these things happen.

It happened to me, i purchased a Sony Bravia a week before the free PS3 deal kicked in which really **** me off, i was going to call and ask sony however i figured the call would be a waste and have not yet bothered doing so.