24 replies to this topic

#1 Kush

Kush

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hello,

I bought the Leadtek Winfast DTV1000S and have installed the card and all the software as well. Its just been sitting in my Pc for a few months now because i couldnt get it to work so now im trying to get it up and running. When i launch the WinFast PVR2 exe to start to watch TV, nothing shows up on screen. I have run a TV cable from the TV socket in my wall to my TV card. Is this the way im supposed to connect it or am i doing something worng?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Kush

#2 iann

iann

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

Have you installed the drivers?
In Device Manager, under "Sound and Video", is there an entry for the tuner card?
When you run WinFast PVR2, did you scan the channels?

#3 Shonky*

Shonky*

DTV Forums Member

• 1,740 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Sure that socket in the wall is wired up and working?

#4 OzRob

OzRob

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

Are you sure you can receive digital TV through your antenna. If you live in a block of flats your system may have a distribution amp that is incompatible with digital TV. If you're not in a major city you may not have any dtv channels available.

If you're sure you can receive digital TV, then have you followed the instructions in the software to scan for available stations?

If you've done this, what were the results? Did it just say something like "No services detected..." or did you get an error or something?

More info needed here.

#5 Kush

Kush

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

Have you installed the drivers?
In Device Manager, under "Sound and Video", is there an entry for the tuner card?
When you run WinFast PVR2, did you scan the channels?

yeah mate, the is a entry for the DTV 1000S. how exactly do i scan for channels?

#6 Kush

Kush

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

Are you sure you can receive digital TV through your antenna. If you live in a block of flats your system may have a distribution amp that is incompatible with digital TV. If you're not in a major city you may not have any dtv channels available.

If you're sure you can receive digital TV, then have you followed the instructions in the software to scan for available stations?

If you've done this, what were the results? Did it just say something like "No services detected..." or did you get an error or something?

More info needed here.

yeah im sure i can recieve DTV through my antennae. I live in northside brisbane. ill try it again and get back to you.
cheers.

#7 OzRob

OzRob

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

yeah mate, the is a entry for the DTV 1000S. how exactly do i scan for channels?

A quote from page 6 of the WinFast PVR2 manual:

"Scanning for channels is the first thing you need to do when you use the application for the first time. Otherwise, no channels will be available for viewing. To scan for channels, go to the TV Channel List & Frequency Table dialog box."

#8 Herbernator

Herbernator

DTV Forums Member

• 343 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

how exactly do i scan for channels?

Hi Kush,

Load PVR2,

Click on the little spanner on the rightmost side of the PVR2 screen.

It will now bring you to the configuration screen. Make sure you have selected the correct country, and state.

Click on SCAN.

Easy as that.

Herbernator.

#9 Craig1

Craig1

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hi guys,

On a similar topic, I'm having some trouble getting all the buttons to work on the DTV1000S remote. I installed the latest drivers and WinPVR2 version from the Leadtek site. Anyone else having similar problems? Number buttons work OK, but none of the playback control buttons seem to be sending any command (ie. play/stop/rew/ff). What version of drivers/software are people using for best results?

Cheers,
Craig

#10 Kush

Kush

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

hey guys i did the scan and it said it did not find any channels and also the a error message: "cannot find any BDA device" when i launch PVR2. wats doing guys?

#11 techo

techo

DTV Forums Member

• 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

Hello,
I bought the Leadtek Winfast DTV1000S and have installed the card and all the software as well. Its just been sitting in my Pc for a few months now because i couldnt get it to work so now im trying to get it up and running. When i launch the WinFast PVR2 exe to start to watch TV, nothing shows up on screen. I have run a TV cable from the TV socket in my wall to my TV card. Is this the way im supposed to connect it or am i doing something worng?
Your help would be highly appreciated.
Kush

yeah im sure i can recieve DTV through my antennae. I live in northside brisbane. ill try it again and get back to you.
cheers.

hey guys i did the scan and it said it did not find any channels and also the a error message: "cannot find any BDA device" when i launch PVR2. wats doing guys?

Assuming your computer meets the necessary HW requirements for the card and all is in good nick. Based on your above statements you probably have a corrupted OS, I assume WinXP or simular. I suggest a complete virus/spyware/malware scan with up-to-date software after which a full OS update (including HW drivers). If that doesn’t work then you may need to reinstall the OS.

#12 kwatflacker

kwatflacker

DTV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hi everyone.

I too have a winfast dtv 1000 capture card. I've had it installed on an old computer and it worked fine. I bought a new system recently, and up until a month ago - when a trojan killed my computer temporarily - it worked properly on my new computer.

I did a complete re-install of xp, with sevice pack 3.

I have all the drivers and program installed correctly, but it refuses to pick up any channels.

I am using a high-powered antenna.

I am beginning to wonder that maybe xp service pack 3 might be messing it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

#13 Craig1

Craig1

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi kwatflacker,

I've just built a new XP SP3 machine with 2 x DTV1000S cards in it, and both WinPVR2 and MediaPortal have no problems tuning in channels. I did download the latest drivers from the Leadtek site, though - did you install the drivers of the bundled CD or download the latest?

Cheers,
Craig

#14 mitch89

mitch89

DTV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

im having a similar problem....

i just purchased this, installed everything... but can only get 4 sbs channels if i set my location to brisbane...

im on the gold coast btw...

#15 Craig1

Craig1

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

Not sure if this would have anything to do with anyone else's problems, but to get MediaPortal working on straight XP (even with SP3), I had to install this Windows patch. Apparently, it's something that's included in MCE2005, but not in any of the XP service packs. Could be worth a shot for those who are having issues with these cards under XP.

Cheers,
Craig

#16 kwatflacker

kwatflacker

DTV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

I've managed to get my dtv 1000 T card working.

I'm not exactly sure how I managed it, though.

I uninstalled the winfast program, and then uninstalled xp sp3. Uninstalling (and installing) the winfast program is a bit of a convoluted process, as it requires a number of restarts each time. Perhaps I didn't do that properly before.

At xp sp2 level, I re-installed the capture card and winfast program, but it still refused to pick up any tv channels.

I decided to forget about it, and then I re-installed xp service pack 3.

As soon as I'd done that, all of a sudden all of the tv channels were there and working properly.

Since I did all of the above at the same time, I'm not sure exactly what it was that got the thing working properly.

All I can suggest is that when you uninstall and then re-install the capture card and program, make sure you follow the process to the letter. As I said, it's a bit of a tricky process, requiring several restarts, and if you don't do it exactly right, I think that's where the problems probably are.

Cheers, and thanks for your help.

#17 mitch89

mitch89

DTV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

will give this a go now...

#18 mitch89

mitch89

DTV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

still no luck

#19 kwatflacker

kwatflacker

DTV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

mitch89,

Does the winfast program only offer you Brisbane (Mt. Cootha) as the nearest broadcast tower?

Does the Gold Coast have its own TV broadcast towers, or is does the Gold Coast receive all of its tv from Mt. Cootha?

#20 mitch89

mitch89

DTV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

Im not too sure on that one...
Iv tried searching through - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Gold Coast - Currumbin and Gold Coast hinterland... but i can only pickup SBS under Brisbane :S..... Iv uninstalled the drivers, updated to service pack 3.. and even changed pci slots and still not having any luck.. Also according to the reciept it is too late for me to return the product as faulty as the 7 days have pasted

#21 gtr73

gtr73

DTV Forums Member

• 311 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

After reading all the problems in this thread there could be a number of different causes, but two main things you should first check:

Update your OS to DirectX9c and,

Make sure you check that the Sensitivity setting is on "Slow (High Sensitivity)", in Configuration under the Scan Channels Tab

I got the DTV1000S just last week and after installation had problems not unlike what people have said here, with my operating system eventially crashing everytime I used it.
Assuming all the drivers were sufficient I updated the DirectX off the included Software CD but that still didn't fix the problems. So I updated to DirectX9c off MS Update and that solved everything, with all functioning beautifully. DirectX is usually the culprit for a lot of things I've found <_< . You can get the latest DirectX from most local PC magazine's free software DVDs.

On the DVB signal problems, I set the Sensitivity setting to "Fast (Low Sensitivity)" and "Medium (Medium Sensitivity)" and couldn't scan any channels. So I read the manual and it states to make sure the setting is on "Slow (High Sensitivity)".

Hope this solves a few people's problems. ;)

Edited by gtr73, 18 August 2008 - 09:45 PM.

#22 annoyeddtv100s

annoyeddtv100s

DTV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

I know the last post was about 6 mnths ago, but if anyone can help me with my DTV1000S It would be greatly appreciated.
I live in brisbane, with direct line of sight to Mt. Cootha, but when I scan my channels it doesn't bring up any SBS services. I use a rooftop antenna and all other channels work fine. I've reinstalled winfast and updated the driver, even manually scanning the SBS frequency, but still no SBS. What's wrong?
PS: I have SP3 and directx 9c.

#23 rick morris

rick morris

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:02 AM

I know the last post was about 6 mnths ago, but if anyone can help me with my DTV1000S It would be greatly appreciated.
I live in brisbane, with direct line of sight to Mt. Cootha, but when I scan my channels it doesn't bring up any SBS services. I use a rooftop antenna and all other channels work fine. I've reinstalled winfast and updated the driver, even manually scanning the SBS frequency, but still no SBS. What's wrong?
PS: I have SP3 and directx 9c.

I have very similar problem, though I can pickup the SBS channels.
My winfast DTV 1000S seems to pickup all the tv station but all the SBS station are incredibly choppy video and audio and unwatchable. all other digital channels work as normal. I have tried what seems to be the latest WHQ file from Leadtek. But no joy. Leadtek driver 1.3.4.5020 windows XP SP 3

#24 TBAR

TBAR

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I have very similar problem, though I can pickup the SBS channels.
My winfast DTV 1000S seems to pickup all the tv station but all the SBS station are incredibly choppy video and audio and unwatchable. all other digital channels work as normal. I have tried what seems to be the latest WHQ file from Leadtek. But no joy. Leadtek driver 1.3.4.5020 windows XP SP 3

SBS broadcast on 585.625 MHz in Brisbane. Most TV software scans on on the .000 or .500 frequencies, so you can find that the tuning is not quite on the broadcast frequency SBS being tuned to 585.500. You may be able to manually set this in the software.

Channel 9 in Brisbane is also offset to .625

#25 rick morris

rick morris

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

SBS broadcast on 585.625 MHz in Brisbane. Most TV software scans on on the .000 or .500 frequencies, so you can find that the tuning is not quite on the broadcast frequency SBS being tuned to 585.500. You may be able to manually set this in the software.

Channel 9 in Brisbane is also offset to .625

ok thanks for that . doesnt seem anyway to manually tune in fact Ive always though the software options very limited.
however i think maybe it IS the signal strength if that what the red and green lights mean on the top of the software 'controller'
every channel is green except for all 6 SBS channels which are red including the SBS radio! However everything else gem go! one HD abc 24 abc3 etc are very good... I'll try change the aerial and see.