• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#351 Georgie81

Georgie81

AV Forum Member

• 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

LEGO movie was awesome.

I was a little disappointed with the ending but it wasnt enough to detract from my overall enjoyment of the film.

Really glad I saw it on the big screen and cant wait for the Blu-ray.

#352 709er

709er

AV Forum Member

• 3,562 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

LEGO movie was awesome.

I was a little disappointed with the ending but it wasnt enough to detract from my overall enjoyment of the film.

Really glad I saw it on the big screen and cant wait for the Blu-ray.

Did you watch it in 3D?

#353 Georgie81

Georgie81

AV Forum Member

• 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Did you watch it in 3D?

No, just 2D.

But I can imagine it looking pretty damn spectacular in 3D.

#354 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

2D also. 3D is a bit too much to ask a three year old to wear glasses for 90 minutes Ruth.

#355 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• 3,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

You get a good yarn, enough action to keep action fans happy, although it was not end to end stuff, and humor too, which kept the pace tight, and light whilst allowing for a few angst filled moments to slow the tempo down a little. 
  Chick factor was ok, and Fan Bing Bing will keep fans in China happy, and she worked hard to avoid just showing up to ensure that the show goes through in China. 
  BTW, one of the Mutants looked like a character from Tron, the chap with the black makeup around his eyes. Warpath?

And I like the Roberta Flack "first time when i saw your face" song too... nice

This will be a solid demo Blu Ray, as the surrounds were working well and there was copious chest thumping and ground shaking bass.   
  The movie is recommended and I look forward to the disc too. 
  Story 4/5  Action 4/5 
  Watch it and buy it.

http://peteswrite.bl...vie-review.html

x-men-dofp-international-poster.jpg

#356 Eli

Eli

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

I watched Lone Survivor on Friday night and have to say it's the first movie that I've really enjoyed in a while. Top quality video and amazing surround effects with bullets whizzing past and helicopters flying over. It didn't get caught up in the cheesy stuff (couple of small parts), a few small funny parts, but overall the story was intense. Worth watching the extras to see how it was all done.

Will definitely be watching this one 3 or 4 times with friends who haven't seen it yet. Sorry, this is sounding more like a review but as the thread title suggests, I really haven't gotten into a movie this much for a long time.

#357 mr-happy-pants

mr-happy-pants

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Saw Calvary on Saturday night @ NOVA in Carlton

Great to see a mature drama again, great plot, great character development.

I'm so over false gods, car crashes & explosions at the moment.

#358 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,136 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Saw Calvary on Saturday night @ NOVA in Carlton

Great to see a mature drama again, great plot, great character development.

I'm so over false gods, car crashes & explosions at the moment.

Watched this on Sunday night and yes, and excellent film!

Spoiler

#359 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

saw sunshine on leith over the weekend, quite enjoyable.

#360 SimonNo10

SimonNo10

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 AM

I watched Lone Survivor on Friday night and have to say it's the first movie that I've really enjoyed in a while. Top quality video and amazing surround effects with bullets whizzing past and helicopters flying over. It didn't get caught up in the cheesy stuff (couple of small parts), a few small funny parts, but overall the story was intense. Worth watching the extras to see how it was all done.

Will definitely be watching this one 3 or 4 times with friends who haven't seen it yet. Sorry, this is sounding more like a review but as the thread title suggests, I really haven't gotten into a movie this much for a long time.

Watched this last night and was blown away. Keen to read the book now but the extras are fantastic and the first time I've sat and watched the entire lot. PQ/AQ are first class, a new disc for showing off bass.

#361 Eli

Eli

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted Today, 10:02 AM

Watched this last night and was blown away. Keen to read the book now but the extras are fantastic and the first time I've sat and watched the entire lot. PQ/AQ are first class, a new disc for showing off bass.

Yep, agree! Extras weren't drawn out too long, went for an hour total and backed up the movie well.

I loved all the landscape shots of mountains and the army base at sunset.... and the sound of those helicopters.... wow.