• Please log in to reply
1173 replies to this topic

#1101 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just a headsup (if anyone is still watching?) they are doing Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live as a Blu Ray, no details yet on specs but it's due to land in July.

Sensational news. That is definitely one I must have,

Can't say I'm familiar with Secret World, but PG's New Blood (I've got the 3D version) is a must have...had this since before Christmas and if I had my way I'd play it from start finish every day. As it is, it gets a bloody good work out whenever I have the opportunity ;)

cheers
blairy

Edited by blairy, 23 June 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#1102 raymondluxuryyacht

raymondluxuryyacht

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Jeff Beck: Performing This Week... Live at Ronnie Scott's.

#1103 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I've owned satchurated for some weeks now and finally got to watch it from wo to go this arvo.

Previously I'd checked this out via a few tracks, although not being overly familiar with Satriani's work this was a somewhat hit and miss approach.

Picked up the disc as it is 3D and features Dolby's new 96k upscaled sound format.

Sound is excellent and 3D is good (not perfect).

Must say this is a great disc..audio...fantastic...video (3D) is very good and whilst as gigs go this one is thoroughly enjoyable in one sense it's a two and a half hour satriani guitar solo...on the other hand it's great group of musicians being very entertaining.

Cheers
blairy

#1104 Dork(original)

Dork(original)

AV Forum Member

• 3,673 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Just picked up Pink Floyd The making of WYWH.
DTS HD.
Sir Paul.
:queen:

#1105 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live released was released in July but still has not arrived... Anyone got it yet?

Edited by HomerJ, 09 August 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#1106 mmu16

mmu16

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Just got John Mayer - where the light is Live in LA. Dolby True HD soundtrack and filmed in 35mm..spectacular!

#1107 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

This is a great concert and sound is one of the best. Great guitar work too. Only thing is that Mayer 'filters' his vocals, not full range.

#1108 brendonc

brendonc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live released was released in July but still has not arrived... Anyone got it yet?

Picked this up from JB's on Saturday along with Robert & The Band of Joy at The Artists Den .

Enjoying both .The picture quality on the Secret world disc as described in the reviews I read is very soft but the concert is well filmed and the sound track sounds great and the staging would have been state of the art at the time.
This review pretty much covers it http://www.blu-ray.c...y/43703/#Review

Must say its a relief to watch a concert film without interviews scattered through as every disc I have bought recently inc the Robert plant does.If the directors want to do this they should also offer a seamlessy branched version thats straight concert footage as IMHO it ruins the feeling of being in the audience.

The plant disc has excellent sound but the picture taken from a 1080i source is a hair softer than the best of the current discs.
Excellent band playing a handful of zepplin tracks along with a number of americana roots songs

Also picked up New blood a few weeks ago and enjoyed that as well and it was funny to see Peter wearing the same head cams as he was in Secret World.

Edited by brendonc, 26 August 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#1109 fawlty99

fawlty99

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Anyone got one of the Heart BDs? Was listening to an old CD of theirs this week & a wave of nostalgia swept over me. :logik:

#1110 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,489 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Anyone got one of the Heart BDs? Was listening to an old CD of theirs this week & a wave of nostalgia swept over me. :logik:

Haven't got one of their blu-rays, but can recommend the Audio Fidelity CD version of their greatest hits - excellent mastering. Still available on Amazon the last time I looked.

#1111 Wags

Wags

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I dont have any of their BD's either, but the Live in Seattle dvd is pretty good......

#1112 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Supertramp - Live in Paris '79 BD landed in the post office box today. visuals are a little soft as you would expect (shot on 16mm with only 4 cameras) but the audio quality is marvellous.

Ended up buying direct from shock.com.au for 21.95 including postage. Shock are the local distributors for Eagle Vison (amongst others) and offer free standard postage anywhere in Oz. Worthwhile checking out before buying music blu's from Amazon etc. Worked out at about the same price and delivered in 2 days as opposed to 10-14.

Interesting to note that neither Rick Davies nor Roger Hodgson actually approved the release of this BD/DVD. An in depth letter to fans from Roger Hodgson can be found on amazon.co.uk here: http://www.amazon.co...83926&store=dvd

D.

Edited by hidefdave, 29 August 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#1113 fawlty99

fawlty99

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Supertramp - Live in Paris '79 BD landed in the post office box today. visuals are a little soft as you would expect (shot on 16mm with only 4 cameras)

What aspect - 1.33:1 or widescreen?

#1114 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

What aspect - 1.33:1 or widescreen?

1.78:1 Widescreen.

D.

#1115 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Supertramp - Live in Paris '79 BD landed in the post office box today. visuals are a little soft as you would expect (shot on 16mm with only 4 cameras) but the audio quality is marvellous.

Ended up buying direct from shock.com.au for 21.95 including postage.....

Good info here. Thanks HDD!

Mine is coming from UK. If I'd known about Shock would have ordered there (not a good website to browse, you need to know what you are looking for)

#1116 mr-happy-pants

mr-happy-pants

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm waiting for Supertramp from JBhifi. Preorder delivery tomorrow!?
Looking forward to it!

Anyways, I watched the blu-ray of Stones Gimmee Shelter home alone last night whilst slowly getting totally inebriated... :)

PQ Bluray aint necessary for this mostly handheld 1969 documentary
AR 4:3
AQ Mostly terrible

A journey down memory lane for those born before the 60s. There were hippies then! :flowers: :hairy: :heart: :afro: :hug:

Lots of memory joggers

I really enjoyed it, but there are caveats...

I was born in the 50s :ninja:
I'm a bit of a Stones nutter :hyper:
I was a bit pissed at the end of it :turned:

#1117 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Good info here. Thanks HDD!

Mine is coming from UK. If I'd known about Shock would have ordered there (not a good website to browse, you need to know what you are looking for)

Pleasure :) I found the Shock website quite by accident and it's the first time I've ever used them. I googled the concert for some info before I ordered it and that was one of the first links that showed up. I wish I had ordered a couple of other Eagle Vision blu's from there instead of Amazon UK - would have worked out a little cheaper!

You're right about the layout of the site - it's pretty clunky to browse, but once you know what you're looking for it's all pretty simple. Would more than happily buy from them again.

D.

Edited by hidefdave, 30 August 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#1118 cooksta

cooksta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I have Heart "Alive in Seattle'. Haven't watched for some time, from memory Video and Audio ok with 1 caveat, the DTS HD MA 5.0 surround track. Note no dedicated LFE soundtrack.http://www.blu-ray.c...le-Blu-ray/793/

I would tend towards the later bluray Heart "Live" which does have 5.1 lossless. http://www.blu-ray.c...-Blu-ray/23786/

#1119 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Peter Frampton concert bluray coming in November. Filmed over his recent FCA! 35 tour, so should look and sound good:

http://www.shock.com...ng-with-bluray/

#1120 com5984

com5984

AV Forum Member

• 2,800 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

Ended up buying direct from shock.com.au for 21.95 including postage. Shock are the local distributors for Eagle Vison (amongst others) and offer free standard postage anywhere in Oz. Worthwhile checking out before buying music blu's from Amazon etc. Worked out at about the same price and delivered in 2 days as opposed to 10-14.

Interesting to note that neither Rick Davies nor Roger Hodgson actually approved the release of this BD/DVD. An in depth letter to fans from Roger Hodgson can be found on amazon.co.uk here: http://www.amazon.co...83926&store=dvd

D.

Got to watch mine on the weekend, fantastic concert took me back. I kept looking for mind altering substances, then I remembered how old I am.

#1121 Benje

Benje

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

lots of long hair and beards.....

seems about right for 1979!

#1122 raymondluxuryyacht

raymondluxuryyacht

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

here are four of my music dvds. they sound great to me, but i don't think of myself as an audiophile type person, so maybe they are actually crap!!!

concert for george
roger waters, the wall, live in berlin
king's x, live love in london. great hard rock
bjork, vespertine live at the royal opera house.

#1123 raymondluxuryyacht

raymondluxuryyacht

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

i just found this dvd which i'm going to order next week. these two concerts were from camel's peak in the seventies. i've not seen any of their shows before. i imagine the sound isn't that good though seeing its from that era. i saw this at amazon selling for 22 pound so this is a good price.
http://www.bestdvdsa...byid__/885.html
great guitar around the 7.20 mark.

#1124 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,289 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

i just found this dvd which i'm going to order next week. these two concerts were from camel's peak in the seventies. i've not seen any of their shows before. i imagine the sound isn't that good though seeing its from that era. i saw this at amazon selling for 22 pound so this is a good price.
http://www.bestdvdsa...byid__/885.html

Have you looked here
http://www.camelprod...m5/merchant.mvc

#1125 midlife5

midlife5

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Led Zeppelin, celebration day.
Live at the o2 arena 2007
November 19 release on Blu-ray,DVD & CD. October 17 in selected theaters
WooooooooooHooooooooo! Cant wait for this.