• Please log in to reply
1173 replies to this topic

#1076 Wags

Wags

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Woo Hoo, sounds good, we go in Feb in Melbourne.....gonna be awesome, then following up with the G3 (Satch, Via & guest) early March.

That "guest" is none other than Steve Lukather, he is as good as both those guys although with a slightly different style.

Well they each have their own style, what I'm trying to say is its gunna be AWESOME!!!!! :frantics:

#1077 Dork(original)

Dork(original)

AV Forum Member

• 3,678 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

After seeing the Rodger Waters Wall concert tonight i cant wait for it to be released on blu ray.Awesome.

I'm off to see Roger on Tuesday the 7th.Our good friend Ken Murdoch is doing the VIP party on that night.
He is a Muso formely in Taste and Texas.
If i'm lucky i might be his roadie.
Paul.

#1078 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,303 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm off to see Roger on Tuesday the 7th.Our good friend Ken Murdoch is doing the VIP party on that night.
He is a Muso formely in Taste and Texas.
If i'm lucky i might be his roadie.
Paul.

Your in for a treat,best show/production/concert i've seen.

#1079 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,374 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Time to give back to this forum,so who wants my Eagles blu ray i converted? Your player must be able to play burnt dual layer blu rays.
Or better still if your using an oppo and ripping to iso you could do that with the disc and pass it on to someone else.

You're a blardy legend mate, received today, popped it in the Oppo and Don Henley's your Uncle.............. :yes:

#1080 mr-happy-pants

mr-happy-pants

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Robbie Williams - Live at the Albert. PQ 4/5, AQ 5/5 (via DTS 5.1 HD MA), plus the man is a damn fine entertainer.

especially when he is coked off his banana

#1081 trebor

trebor

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hi Wheelz, the Eagles arrived today and have given it a quick spin. Great job, pic and sound are a lot better than the DVD that's for sure.
Kudos to you,
and a Big THANK YOU again. Hope my neighbours like it....
Cheers, (must be beer o'clock by now,...shuffles of to beer fridge in search of cold Lowenbrau :yes: )

#1082 figjam

figjam

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Many thanks Wheelz, my disc arrived today too. looks and sounds fantastic. You are a legend!

#1083 figjam

figjam

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

BTW, if anyone wants the sleeve for this let me know and I will scan and send the HD DVD one.

And thanks again Wheelz!

#1084 dhammika

dhammika

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Picked up this today from JB. Will watch tonight after the cricket :)

Update @midnight .....

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just came out from the heaven .....

This is an amazing BR if you are a Carlos Santana fan .... Fantastic picture and more importantly sound (though the sound mix of the first couple of songs doesn't bring out the vibrant guitar sound due to too much balance on drums and percussion)

Amazing drum solo by Carlos' wife Cindy .... and maestro Dennis Cambers ... wish Rob Thomas was there too

Santana anyone?

Santana Greatest Hits Live Montreax 2011

(Preorder released 20-2-2012)

Edited by dhammika, 25 February 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#1085 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

G'day Wheelz,

The Eagles Blu arrived in the old P.O. Box today. Sensational work mate, you're an absolute bloody legend! PQ and audio are top notch - miles better than the DVD!

Makes you wonder why they haven't officially released this concert on BD - "Hell would Freeze over" all over again!

My sincere thanks again, great man!

D.

#1086 hidefdave

hidefdave

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Picked up this today from JB. Will watch tonight after the cricket :)

Update @midnight .....

Wow! Wow! Wow! Just came out from the heaven .....

This is an amazing BR if you are a Carlos Santana fan .... Fantastic picture and more importantly sound (though the sound mix of the first couple of songs doesn't bring out the vibrant guitar sound due to too much balance on drums and percussion)

Amazing drum solo by Carlos' wife Cindy .... and maestro Dennis Cambers ... wish Rob Thomas was there too

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this one...certainly sounds as though I won't be disappointed!

D.

#1087 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Im using the xbox hd dvd,anydvdHD,clownBD and Img burn if i want to burn to disc.
I have noted 1 slight problem and thats is every now and the its like the pic goes into slow motion for a second,it dosent upset the sound or sync tho. It actually looks abit like what happens on the Adele blu tho she is doing it for effects.,but really its no big deal.

Not entirely sure what wheelz is describing here, but I too have this disc. Played it recently and noticed what I think wheelz is describing although it seems to happen during movement on stage (eg Joe Walsh moving across stage quickly seems blurry).

I'm playing this on the XE1 and remembered that I need to change settings in the player for this disc to 1080p (and not 1080p/24Hz). This stops the blurring although not 100% sure that it's the same 'problem' that wheelz is seeing.

Cheers
blairy

#1088 dsj88

dsj88

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

G'day Wheelz,

The Eagles Blu arrived in the old P.O. Box today. Sensational work mate, you're an absolute bloody legend! PQ and audio are top notch - miles better than the DVD!

Makes you wonder why they haven't officially released this concert on BD - "Hell would Freeze over" all over again!

My sincere thanks again, great man!

D.

Any bros out there that can do me a big favour a burn a copy of the Eagles for me. Will pay for the blank disc and postage.

Thanks

#1089 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,303 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Any bros out there that can do me a big favour a burn a copy of the Eagles for me. Will pay for the blank disc and postage.

Thanks

pm sent

#1090 midlife5

midlife5

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks

Add me to the list as well please

Cheers

#1091 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

G'day wheelz, my Eagles disc arrived in the post today - thanks very much, I really do appreciate this.

And also a huge thanks for all your help when I was trying to rip my own version of this HD DVD disc. As I mentioned in my last PM the disc was stuffed.

Cheers and thank again

blairy

#1092 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just ordered Tim Minchin Live at the Royal Albert Hall after watching a few you tube vids... Can't wait for this one... Would try to source locally at a bricks and mortar but doubtful they'd have it.

#1093 Zarthaz

Zarthaz

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Am liking the blu-ray of the Some Girls of the Rolling Stones a lot. Have the Shine a Light and the Ladies and Gentlemen BD's as well, but liking the Some Girls the best.
Also finally got a all region BD player (Oppo-93 modded) so ordered the Gimme Shelter BD finally as its a Criterion release and thus region locked. No problem anymore now :)

#1094 Dork(original)

Dork(original)

AV Forum Member

• 3,678 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I bought "Screamadelica live" by Primal Scream after much deliberation.
Excellent PQ and sound not so sure as i just had a quick look.
Looks like native HD.
Comes with a CD of the show and the classic album show also.
Paul.

#1095 Zarthaz

Zarthaz

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Black Country Communion"Live over Europe" BD has been my latest aquisition.
I like it, but it also confirms to me that Glenn Hughes is better heard then seen :P
But I already knew that from Deep Purple's California Jam dvd, and on that he is even better not heard too at times too lol.

#1096 Gia

Gia

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Got a small bundle of 15 Music Blu Rays I want to get rid of, they are all in mint or near mint condition. Asking $175 plus shipping. Please PM if interesting.

David Gilmour “ Remember That Night - Live At Royal Albert Hall” 2 Disk Special Addition
The Police “Certifiable” Blu Ray + 2CD
The Rolling Stones “ Shine A Light”
The Rolling Stones “The Biggest Bang"
Stevie Wonder “Live At Last”
Queen “Rock Montreal & Live Aid”
Amy Winehouse “I Told You I Was Trouble – Live In London”
Roy Orbison “Black & White Night”
Elton John 60 “ Live At Madison Square Garden”
Legends Of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis “Showcase”
Deep Purple “ Live At Montreux”
George Michael “Live In London”
Legends “Live at Montreux 1997 “ (Steve Gadd, Joe Sample, Eric Clapton, Marcus Miller, David Sanborn”
Diana Krall “Live In Rio”
Paul McCartney “The Space Within Us”

Edited by Gia, 25 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#1097 matthewa

matthewa

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Not entirely sure what wheelz is describing here, but I too have this disc. Played it recently and noticed what I think wheelz is describing although it seems to happen during movement on stage (eg Joe Walsh moving across stage quickly seems blurry).

I'm playing this on the XE1 and remembered that I need to change settings in the player for this disc to 1080p (and not 1080p/24Hz). This stops the blurring although not 100% sure that it's the same 'problem' that wheelz is seeing.

Cheers
blairy

Guys the thing to remember about the Eagles HD and the subsequent iso, etc is recorded as 1080i, so don't play it at 1080p/24 and you won't have this issue

#1098 Director

Director

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Just a headsup (if anyone is still watching?) they are doing Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live as a Blu Ray, no details yet on specs but it's due to land in July.

#1099 fawlty99

fawlty99

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm no musical theatre buff but the 25th Anniversary BD of Les Mis is a ripper. The staging itself needs to be seen to believe let along the quality of musical contributions. Can't wait for the movie - expected later this year.

#1100 flukeyluke

flukeyluke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Just a headsup (if anyone is still watching?) they are doing Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live as a Blu Ray, no details yet on specs but it's due to land in July.

Sensational news. That is definitely one I must have,