• Please log in to reply
1173 replies to this topic

#1 mitchmar

mitchmar

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

I would like to know if there are any good bluray music titles, that are good to show of bluray and sound system.

#2 browny

browny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

I would like to know if there are any good bluray music titles, that are good to show of bluray and sound system.

the justin timberlake blu ray coming out on april 1 in the states is supposed to be the best one.
the shakira blu ray is excellent aswell.

#3 Heiser202

Heiser202

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

Sad day when Justin Timberlake is the best Blu Ray can do :)

#4 Abaddon

Abaddon

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time has excellent PQ and SQ.

Edited by Abaddon, 14 March 2008 - 06:50 PM.

#5 scashin

scashin

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

May not be all local releases but Led Zeppelin The Song Remains the Same is a classic, sure the video sux and sound has a drop out on some players, but it's still 200 times better then anything else it's been released on. Also the new Queen disc has amazing sound and video! And your classic AC/DC is good also.

Bring on U2 and soooooo many others I say!

#6 Stone

Stone

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

Incubus: Alive at Red Rocks received a good review of 5/5 for audio and 4.5/5 for video. I bought but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Edited by Stone, 14 March 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#7 Protagonist

Protagonist

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

Celine Dion: A New Day

#8 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

I have both the NIN Blu-ray and Queen Blu-ray, and both are awesome. :)

#9 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

AC/DC - Live at donnington. Its on its way to my house from the US ($21- aud)

Has 5/5 for sound review.

http://bluray.highde...tdonington.html

unless your into the other suggestions of Justin timberlake and celine dion :wacko:

#10 BigDick

BigDick

AV Forum Member

• 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

Shakira Oral Fixation Tour - This is freakin awesome. You'd have to be dead not to be blown away by this. Ok quite a few of the songs are in Spanish, but the shear spectacle/atmosphere and the HD sound are something to behold, so much so that it really doesn't matter what language she's singing in, freakin awesome.
YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED :)

#11 Protagonist

Protagonist

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:37 AM

AC/DC - Live at donnington. Its on its way to my house from the US ($21- aud)

Has 5/5 for sound review.

http://bluray.highde...tdonington.html

unless your into the other suggestions of Justin timberlake and celine dion :wacko:

Well, the OP didnt specify which genre, or his taste in music.

Celine does have a 5/5 for picture quality and sound quality:

http://bluray.highde...ion_newday.html

Justin has the same rating as well, only put down by having the special second disc on DVD!!!

According to this thread:

http://www.avsforum....ad.php?t=858316

AC/DC is rated BRONZE in terms of PQ.

AC/DC :wacko:

Edited by Protagonist, 15 March 2008 - 07:38 AM.

#12 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Well, the OP didnt specify which genre, or his taste in music.

Celine does have a 5/5 for picture quality and sound quality:

http://bluray.highde...ion_newday.html

Justin has the same rating as well, only put down by having the special second disc on DVD!!!

According to this thread:

http://www.avsforum....ad.php?t=858316

AC/DC is rated BRONZE in terms of PQ.

AC/DC :wacko:

Sorry with a name like Protagonist I should have known you like Celine Dion better than AC/DC. :ph34r:

#13 Abaddon

Abaddon

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

Shakira Oral Fixation Tour

that is if you're a 16 year old girl

#14 nonny

nonny

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

Reccomend Queen Live at Montreal.

Its dirt cheap on Amazon and I've been amazed by the quality of it considering the age of the source.

#15 norseman

norseman

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

I will be following this thread with great interest. It's early days I know, but the available titles are very limited so far.
I think David Gilmour's "Remember that night" is available. That will definitely be on my "to buy" list.

#16 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

Shakira Oral Fixation Tour - This is freakin awesome. You'd have to be dead not to be blown away by this. Ok quite a few of the songs are in Spanish, but the shear spectacle/atmosphere and the HD sound are something to behold, so much so that it really doesn't matter what language she's singing in, freakin awesome.

Hmmm, Big Dick talking about Oral fixation. :ph34r:

#17 maybes

maybes

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Make sure if you are importing Live at Donnington from the USA that it is not Zoned for A/! (USA Asia & Japan). Australia is B/2 which covers Africa & Europe. I have purchased a couple of music Blu-Ray discs from JB HiFi and have had to return them because they would not play on my Australian purchased PS3. Then again you could be lucky if the Blu-Ray disc is multi zoned. In that case you will be able to play it anyware. I purchased AC/DC lLive at Donnington in Australia (JB Hi Fi) and that copy plays well on PS3 however I cannot recall whether it was zoned B/2 or is multizoned. A good buy though, I love it.

#18 dazzarama

dazzarama

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

Well there's always ABBA The Movie, but when I started the thread below, no one was interested and there were no replies :(

http://www.dtvforum....p...034&hl=abba

Great PQ and SQ, crappy plot, awesome concert footage

Dazza

#19 BigDick

BigDick

AV Forum Member

• 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hmmm, Big Dick talking about Oral fixation. :ph34r:

Yeah...like I said she really blew me :)

#20 mitchmar

mitchmar

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

I will be following this thread with great interest. It's early days I know, but the available titles are very limited so far.
I think David Gilmour's "Remember that night" is available. That will definitely be on my "to buy" list.

i hope that now blu ray has won we get a flood of music blu ray.
Can't wait to start building a libary of titles.

#21 mitchmar

mitchmar

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

Sorry with a name like Protagonist I should have known you like Celine Dion better than AC/DC. :ph34r:

i happen to like both, i ordered my copy of celine dion, because it is supposed to be very good on blu ray.

#22 BigDick

BigDick

AV Forum Member

• 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

i happen to like both, i ordered my copy of celine dion, because it is supposed to be very good on blu ray.

Am I to understand then that you haven't actually seen this !!??? In which case your earlier recommendation is not really constructive (no offence intended).

Edited by BigDick, 16 March 2008 - 11:13 PM.

#23 The D-Train

The D-Train

AV Forum Member

• 5,532 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

As long as your happy with it thats the main thing. I just thought the original suggestion of celine dion was "extracting the yellow liquid" :blush:

Obviously I forgot this is a wide and varied forum with people of all tastes.

Im still stuck on the hair metal bands of the 80's. Rock on.

Edited by The D-train, 17 March 2008 - 12:00 AM.

#24 Luis Syphur

Luis Syphur

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

I've been waiting (impatiently) for a local release of David Gilmour's Remember That Night concert as well.

I have a decent selection of music DVD's and have been eagerly waiting for some decent local releases, I already have AC/DC and Led Zepp and there isn't a hope in hell that I'd go for timberlake, deon or shatkira. I guess it depends on what demographic the companies will try and push their product to.

Also as I have the PS3 for my viewing Sony need to bring back the SACD to DTS conversion so we can listen to our surround SACD's again. Why they gave it to us and then took it away I'll never understand.

#25 Neon Kitten

Neon Kitten

AV Forum Member

• 4,128 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time has excellent PQ and SQ.

Something a YouTube link can never come close to hinting at :lol:

Got my copy of this yesterday; it looks great, though not as great as I'd hoped.

Could that perhaps be due to the fact that it plays on the PS3 as 1080i? Apparently the PS3 is the only player which plays this disc that way (it's 1080p30 video flagged as 1080i60, according to the disc's authoring people).

Strange, by the way, how there's no loca release (and none planned) for this one. But then, it IS Universal Music Australia...

Also as I have the PS3 for my viewing Sony need to bring back the SACD to DTS conversion so we can listen to our surround SACD's again. Why they gave it to us and then took it away I'll never understand.

I suspect it was either an accidental addition, or something that was hastily taken away once the powers that be found out.

Hey, at least your PS3 *has* SACD playback :)