• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MCE

MCE

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

For those of you wanting to grab an XE1 for under $350 (ie. everyone) you might like to look at the option of importing an A35 from the US. My brother recently bought an iPhone via priceusa.com.au and we were really impressed by the service and speed of delivery. I took a look last night and they can send an A35, from Amazon, for a total of $307 AUD. I'm very tempted...

The downside is that it will only play region 1 DVDs but if you're after the XE1 for 1080p24 and the 5.1 analog outputs then the A35 will do that.

#2 kiwimeat

kiwimeat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

For those of you wanting to grab an XE1 for under $350 (ie. everyone) you might like to look at the option of importing an A35 from the US. My brother recently bought an iPhone via priceusa.com.au and we were really impressed by the service and speed of delivery. I took a look last night and they can send an A35, from Amazon, for a total of $307 AUD. I'm very tempted...

The downside is that it will only play region 1 DVDs but if you're after the XE1 for 1080p24 and the 5.1 analog outputs then the A35 will do that.

Another alternative is to buy from the UK.

Amazon UK has the EP30 for 77.99 and the EP35 for 139.99.
It plays PAL and has the correct power.

Obviously you need a UK delivery address (I have relatives there) and then pay for on shipping.