• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DvdHntr

DvdHntr

AV Forum Member

• Validating
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:41 AM

Does anybody know where to find the website for Olin and their HD STB models. I want to see if their is any updates but I can't find any link to their set top boxes.

#2 holdencaulfield2007

holdencaulfield2007

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

Does anybody know where to find the website for Olin and their HD STB models. I want to see if their is any updates but I can't find any link to their set top boxes.

Here is the link you are looking for http://www.linophir.com.au/index.php re your Olin STB. Is it the 1000 or the 2000? No idea whether there is any firmware available. The one on the website has a strong resemblance to the Healing HHT891 as shown here http://australiandig...itionHHT891.htm I hope this is some help to you.

#3 oz7018

oz7018

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

Here is the link you are looking for http://www.linophir.com.au/index.php re your Olin STB. Is it the 1000 or the 2000? No idea whether there is any firmware available. The one on the website has a strong resemblance to the Healing HHT891 as shown here http://australiandig...itionHHT891.htm I hope this is some help to you.

The Olin website is www.olinstyle.com. Given the problems we are having with our Olin I would suggest that you do not bother.

#4 Jason_dinAlt

Jason_dinAlt

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:06 AM

what problems are you having oz?

I have a 2200 and it performs flawlessly, way better than any of the other digital stbs in my house

#5 Blackrose666

Blackrose666

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

The Olin website is www.olinstyle.com. Given the problems we are having with our Olin I would suggest that you do not bother.

After recent dealing with Westwell support I would say don't touch anything from Olin/Westwell there response to my problems were to return my unit and buy something else, which I will be doing and would never buy a product distributed by this very poor company ever again, worst customer service I've ever experienced.

#6 LULUHUHU

LULUHUHU

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

find update at olin support

#7 Lagonda

Lagonda

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:52 AM

find update at olin support

Hi Guys, mind if I join you?
Its a great way to start the New Year, 20 days out of warrenty and my Olin HVBT 1800 starts playing up! Rang the help line and they want me to up grade the firmware, anybody got a Dummies Guide to Olin firmware upgrades? I do this sort of thing all day long with business equipment but the verbal advise I got left me confused. ( I dont want to sound racist but it would help if the person answering the phone had English as their first language)

The problem I have is the STB says Hallo a few lines of garbage then crashes and reboots all over again. My experience with electronics tells me its likely a hardware problem and firmware is not going to do much but I'll give it a go anyway.
Cheers.

#8 Cloudburst

Cloudburst

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi Guys, mind if I join you?
Its a great way to start the New Year, 20 days out of warrenty and my Olin HVBT 1800 starts playing up! Rang the help line and they want me to up grade the firmware, anybody got a Dummies Guide to Olin firmware upgrades? I do this sort of thing all day long with business equipment but the verbal advise I got left me confused. ( I dont want to sound racist but it would help if the person answering the phone had English as their first language)

The problem I have is the STB says Hallo a few lines of garbage then crashes and reboots all over again. My experience with electronics tells me its likely a hardware problem and firmware is not going to do much but I'll give it a go anyway.
Cheers.

Sorry, old thread. Did you ever get the set top box working? Mine is doing exactly the same!!

Edit: I went to olinstyle.com and its been reported as an Attack Site. So I can't even try to upgrade it. Not sure if it will fix the problem anyway on my HVBT-2000B

Edit 2: ahh yes. looks like the board has melted somehow. D'oh. Who keeps receipts!??!

Edited by Cloudburst, 28 August 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#9 drifta

drifta

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Sorry, old thread. Did you ever get the set top box working? Mine is doing exactly the same!!

Edit: I went to olinstyle.com and its been reported as an Attack Site. So I can't even try to upgrade it. Not sure if it will fix the problem anyway on my HVBT-2000B

Edit 2: ahh yes. looks like the board has melted somehow. D'oh. Who keeps receipts!??!

Got the exact same problem myself...
did you manage to get it working again?

#10 g12345567

g12345567

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

Also give Westwell a try. They are distributers of Olin products as well. Went there when i couldn't find an olin product listed on the main Olin web site.

Including the OL-HVBT3400, OL-HVBTR1400 & OL-OPVR1000 range, where product information, manuals and firmware can be downloaded from the product details pages.

#11 drifta

drifta

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

Also give Westwell a try. They are distributers of Olin products as well. Went there when i couldn't find an olin product listed on the main Olin web site.

Including the OL-HVBT3400, OL-HVBTR1400 & OL-OPVR1000 range, where product information, manuals and firmware can be downloaded from the product details pages.

yeah but does upgrading the firmware fix the problem?

#12 tidmutt

tidmutt

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hey All,

Having similar problems with an OLIN 3400 STB.

I'm trying to help my pensioner parents out who have two Olin 3400 STB both of which stopped functioning recently. They tell me it was after they went away overnight and turned them off at the power point that they no longer display any digital channels. Now, several months later I'm looking at them and despite numerous reboots and reattaching and checking all connections I can get no video output from either of them. The on screen menus do not display however the LED and front panel do display.

I have the box connected using composite video and L/R stereo RCA.

I tried calling the 1800 number but no answer and they say they are closed until some time in January. Any ideas or should we just take them back to Harvey Norman and buy a different brand?

Thanks all.