Audio Sync Delay From Sony Bravia X

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 M&K Freak

M&K Freak

DTV Forums Member

• 404 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:36 PM

I am running Optical cable from my Bravia X to my Rotel Pre, and still get a slight voice sync delay when viewing Digital Free To Air. I don't know if there is a setting anywhere in my Pre, but I can't find it. The delay is barely noticeable watching people speak, but noticeable if the tele sound and the Ht sound are both at audible levels.

There doesn't seem to be a sync issue with DVD's, as the audio goes directly from the DVD to the pre. I haven't checked if there is a problem if I take the audio from the tele rather than from the DVD player. This could be a problem once I upgrade to a BD player.

Anyone else got a voice sync issue with ether the Sony Bravia x'a, or the Rotel Pre, I would love to hear from you.

Edited by M&K Freak, 10 January 2008 - 12:38 PM.

#2 Gutty

Gutty

DTV Forums Member

• 4,083 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

I've got a Sony V series, hooked up to a Yamaha 1600 via optical. If i use both amp and TV speakers you can just hear a slight sync variation. But not at all noticable with the TV volume off. I guess it's just the time it takes the audio to travel through the cable then be processed by the amp...

#3 M&K Freak

M&K Freak

DTV Forums Member

• 404 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

I've got a Sony V series, hooked up to a Yamaha 1600 via optical. If i use both amp and TV speakers you can just hear a slight sync variation. But not at all noticable with the TV volume off. I guess it's just the time it takes the audio to travel through the cable then be processed by the amp...

Sorry Gutty, I can't accept that the cable and amp is going to take any (detectable) time to process the signal. Unless my Ht speakers are a lot further from my couch (100m+) than my Bravia x speakers, I don't see the Ht gear being a possible cause of the problem/delay.

I can see/hear a slight sync difference between the picture and the sound, when watching Digital broadcasts, but this delay isn't there for DVDs (when I take the audio from the DVD player traight to the PreAmp). I guess I need to experiment further, to see if the audio is delayed, with the audio goes from the DVD to the tele then to the PreAmp.

I'd be very keen to hear any other opinions. I'll report in more detail when I have done further tests.

#4 Baci

Baci

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

I've had this exact same issue and it's really annoying me - anyone, upon reflection, know why and what can be done to fix?

Thanks

#5 PTW

PTW

DTV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:16 AM

www.felston.com

#6 norseman

norseman

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

www.felston.com

These products delay the audio only. The OP already has a delay.

I think that some of the Onkyo receivers had an audio delay problem and there was not a lot that could be done about it.
Receivers usually have an audio delay feature built in due to the delays introduced processing video. However, in your case, being that DVD is OK, the problem is probably elsewhere.

#7 Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey

DTV Forums Member

• 7,832 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:20 AM

Pretty sure theres a firmware fix for that problem - see the bravia owners thread

Edited the right link in ;)

Cheers,
Bitey

Edited by mr.bitey, 22 September 2008 - 09:32 AM.