• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#526 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

I watched Sleeping Beauty this evening, and the loud POP occurred a few times when I'd paused then resumed... general playback I don't get anything, only when pausing.

I might give Yamaha a call tomorrow and see what they reckon.

#527 isilver

isilver

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

I watched Sleeping Beauty this evening, and the loud POP occurred a few times when I'd paused then resumed... general playback I don't get anything, only when pausing.

I watched Sleeping Beauty last week and didn't have any problems like that, did you ring Yamaha?

#528 theetabond

theetabond

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Quick One Folks,

Can RXV1800 tune into new digital radio channels (DAB+) straightaway or it needs an external tuner/decoder?

Cheers,

#529 neuty

neuty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

If your RX-V1800 has an on board DAB+ tuner, then yes it will tune into digital radio.

If it does not, then an external tuner/decoder will be needed.

neuty

#530 theetabond

theetabond

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

If your RX-V1800 has an on board DAB+ tuner, then yes it will tune into digital radio.

If it does not, then an external tuner/decoder will be needed.

neuty

Any quick tips on as how to determine that?

Cheers,

#531 neuty

neuty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:40 AM

If you have an Australian RX-V1800 ( http://www.yamahamus...s/RX-V1800B.asp ) Then the web site indicates that it does not have DAB+ or any type of Digital tuner.

Hope this help's

neuty

Edited by neuty, 02 June 2009 - 03:40 AM.

#532 Pblee

Pblee

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

Damn

thats gonna hurt the Wife acceptance factor (WAF)

Now i gotta go and tell here we need to upgrade cos no digital Radio...

don't you love excuses to upgrade ---Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaa
So whats gonna do what the RX-v1800 does but adds Digital radio

I can feel my heart beating faster at the thought of an impending upgrade

:D then the wife finds out :angry2: this will be me :wacko:

#533 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:03 AM

Edited by Jutta, 10 November 2009 - 07:21 AM.

#534 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Just digging up an old thread – looks like I'm having issues with my RX-V1800 - for the last week, at random, when the AV Receiver is switched off (via the soft switch/remote command), it won't turn back on.
The only way to turn it back on is to turn it off from the hard switch, unplug the power cord, plug the power cord back in, and then turn the hard switch back on again – that seems to work 9 times out of 10, but the remaining time you do it again and it works.
Seems like a power issue to me, anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

#535 miata

miata

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Just digging up an old thread – looks like I'm having issues with my RX-V1800 - for the last week, at random, when the AV Receiver is switched off (via the soft switch/remote command), it won't turn back on.
The only way to turn it back on is to turn it off from the hard switch, unplug the power cord, plug the power cord back in, and then turn the hard switch back on again – that seems to work 9 times out of 10, but the remaining time you do it again and it works.
Seems like a power issue to me, anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions?

Did you resolve the problem? Mine has just done the same thing. There was one occasion when I turned it off (stand by) and fifteen times it turned itself back on! Now it simply won't turn on at all. Fortunately, my TV has 3 HDMi inputs so I'm able to watch everything but it's a hell of a shock having to put up with the audio quality of a flat panel. I don't think that a receiver in this price bracket, should fail so soon.

#536 mazman

mazman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone here use theyre rxv1800( or any other amp for that matter) connected to theyre smart phone?
Im trying to connect my samsung galaxy s3 to the amp and dont know the best way of doing it.

I can connect it using hdmi, and at the same time see the phones screen on my projector screen, and watch movies/listen to songs, see photo's etc.
But sometime i just want something simple and just connect it up and just listen to music, something like what they had with the dock and ipod, however my phone isnt an ipod/iphone so the dock thats available isnt suitable.

Ive tried connecting the 3.5mm thats on the phone and the cable splits into two rca's, so i connected it to stereo plugs on the amp but the sound goes fairly dull and low in volume(compared to when connected by hdmi or listening to radio), so something must be wrong, i dont know if its the cable itself as i dont have another pair to try out and the yammy doesnt have any mic IN except the one for optimizer, and i dont know if you can use that?!

Any help?
cheers