• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#26 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

you clam you want sensible answers, how about asking sensible questions and then refraining from abusing posters who pick you up on it. ;)

Sensible questions? LOL ... You mean my question is too hard for YOU to understand! I see. Please forgive me, it was my 1st post and obviously I have over estimate the level of intelligence of some posters here (like you and that bang kid). I should have rephrased my question to suit you guys. So here is the "idiot-proof" version of my original question.

"When a Yamaha 1800 is on Standby, does it pass the video/audio signal to another device (such as a TV)?
Due to the complexity of the matter, a list of suitable answers is provided to help you with your answer. Please select one (1) of the following:

a. Yes!
b. No!
c. All I can say is I have new AVR, a new 6 channel power amp, I also have both Bluray and HD-DVD, a video proessor, HDTV, speakers, LCD TV and 1080p projector.
d. Your question is not sensible. You are not allowed to ask such a complicated question! Who do you think I am? Einstein?
e. All of the above.
"

Well, questions don't get any easier than this. So if you still can NOT answer the question then seek help!

--------------------------------

To the OP (Original Poster),
Sorry mate, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread and turned it into a mess. They just can't help getting themselves humiliated!
Cheers.

#27 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:33 AM

Sensible questions? LOL ... You mean my question is too hard for YOU to understand! I see. Please forgive me, it was my 1st post and obviously I have over estimate the level of intelligence of some posters here (like you and that bang kid). I should have rephrased my question to suit you guys. So here is the "idiot-proof" version of my original question.

"When a Yamaha 1800 is on Standby, does it pass the video/audio signal to another device (such as a TV)?
Due to the complexity of the matter, a list of suitable answers is provided to help you with your answer. Please select one (1) of the following:

a. Yes!
b. No!
c. All I can say is I have new AVR, a new 6 channel power amp, I also have both Bluray and HD-DVD, a video proessor, HDTV, speakers, LCD TV and 1080p projector.
d. Your question is not sensible. You are not allowed to ask such a complicated question! Who do you think I am? Einstein?
e. All of the above.
"

Well, questions don't get any easier than this. So if you still can NOT answer the question then seek help!

--------------------------------

To the OP (Original Poster),
Sorry mate, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread and turned it into a mess. They just can't help getting themselves humiliated!
Cheers.

what about option

f. no stupid, it's off.

Edited by kamma, 09 December 2007 - 08:34 AM.

#28 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:24 AM

Hey idiot, which part of my post is not clear to you! This is what I said in my other post, read it (assume that you can read)

"All sensible, helpfull, informative replies are always welcome and appreciated - All others are NOT."

You people are unbelievable! - No I am not talking about "your system" - I'm talking about your level of INTELLIGENCE. It's so frick' LOW!
The answer to my original question was just simply a "Yes!" or "No!"

BTW, some really helpful soul has already answered my question without a "smart arse" attitude or even bragging about what he has. He is the kind of posters this forum really need NOT smart arse like you and that jang kid! What makes you think that you guys deserve some respect from other people when you have no respect for them. This is my respect for you, don't like it? Maybe you should be NICE to other posters next time!

I think our intelligence is at much higher level than yours and this is from the fact that most people can think logically with their brains. Unlike you who ask a stupid question even a kid would be able to answer. Kids of 4 years old like my sister's boys know that when they switch off an av receiver they will not get sound and picture but do you ? It is known fact that 4 years old do not have the intellectual maturity of an adult and the original question you posted does not suggest you have the intelligence equal or greater than a 3 years old. So don't insult others when your own intelligence can't match a 4 years old. I guess the word of thinking or think has little meaning to your half functioning brain.

Edited by jliang70, 09 December 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#29 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

Idiot proof ? so finally admitting yourself been an idiot....

#30 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

I think our intelligence is at much higher level than yours and this is from the fact that most people can think logically with their brains. Unlike you who ask a stupid question even a kid would be able to answer. Kids of 4 years old like my sister's boys know that when they switch off an av receiver they will not get sound and picture but do you ? It is known fact that 4 years old do not have the intellectual maturity of an adult and the original question you posted does not suggest you have the intelligence equal or greater than a 3 years old. So don't insult others when your own intelligence can't match a 4 years old. I guess the word of thinking or think has little meaning to your half functioning brain.

just ignore him mate he is only causing trouble, dont even reply to his next post.

#31 pajames

pajames

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:49 AM

what about option

f. no stupid, it's off.

ROFL, that's gold. Very funny.

#32 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

I know I laughed :P

#33 momaw

momaw

AV Forum Member

• 12,790 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:27 AM

Just out of curiosity, what are you expecting it to pass audio too when switched off?

#34 HumanMedia

HumanMedia

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:47 PM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the 1800/3800 does pass audio/video through the HDMI when the reciever is OFF?

Thanks.

No it doesn't.

#35 Blackwash

Blackwash

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

Get back on topic, what sort of deals and availability have people found on these.

#36 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

about the $1500 mark

#37 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, I can NOT get the "pass-through" concept through your tiny brain, but fortunately I am NOT your parent - So blame them! B)

#38 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

Idiot proof ? so finally admitting yourself been an idiot....

Again, even a "tertiary education" can not help you understand a simple english sentence. Keep on humiliating yourself .....

#39 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:20 PM

what about option

f. no stupid, it's off.

Wrong answer! wanna know why?
HAHAHA ....LOL. May God help you..... (Can't help laughing ... sorrry!)

#40 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:25 PM

I agreed with you, it's really GOLD!
I clearly said that the 1800 is on Stanby, but the idiot answered:

f. no stupid, it's off.

HAHAHA ... LOL, no wonder he couldn't answer my original question! These guys know NOTHING but turning their equipments ON and OFF .... *chukle*....

#41 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

No it doesn't.

Thanks mate, really appreciated! Cheers...

#42 Curious

Curious

AV Forum Member

• 2,526 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

Oh dear...angry typing...sigh -_-

For reasons of clarity I went back to where the misunderstanding began and found this:

Can someone please tell me if the 1800/3800 does pass audio/video through the HDMI when the reciever is OFF?

I think the problem began when asking about the receiver being OFF Adelaideltpc...perhaps a quick edit to show you meant STANDBY might have prevented some of the carnage that followed?

Just a gentle hint mate :)

Cheers,

Curious

Edited by Curious, 09 December 2007 - 04:25 PM.

#43 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, I can NOT get the "pass-through" concept through your tiny brain, but fortunately I am NOT your parent - So blame them! B)

Don't blame your parents blame god you have a semi functional brain that has thinking ability below a 3 years old. enough said..

#44 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

Again, even a "tertiary education" can not help you understand a simple english sentence. Keep on humiliating yourself .....

Again, a semi functional brain needs to re-phrase a simple question twice just to prove what sort of idiot you are.....

#45 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:01 PM

Wrong answer! wanna know why?
HAHAHA ....LOL. May God help you..... (Can't help laughing ... sorrry!)

We know why because you are a low IQ idiot... Sorry god did not provide you with a brain that can
think like an average adult.

#46 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:42 PM

the ignore list just keeps getting fuller and fuller :wacko:

#47 kiwimeat

kiwimeat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

the ignore list just keeps getting fuller and fuller :wacko:

I know what you mean. I don't normally put members on ignore (HJ an obvious exception) but just recently I've recently been adding a few new members to the list too.

I do sometimes wish the moderation here was a bit more proactive and cut this sort of aberation off more quickly.

jliang70, take heart mate. You don't have to explain or justify yourself here. You contribution to the forums speaks for itself.

#48 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,742 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:02 PM

I know what you mean. I don't normally put members on ignore (HJ an obvious exception) but just recently I've recently been adding a few new members to the list too.

I do sometimes wish the moderation here was a bit more proactive and cut this sort of aberation off more quickly.

jliang70, take heart mate. You don't have to explain or justify yourself here. You contribution to the forums speaks for itself.

Thank you, mate. I will recompose myself and stay off this thread.

#49 Andre28

Andre28

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

I might be in the market for a 1800b. It looks like this is the wrong thread to get info on it though.......

#50 stahc

stahc

AV Forum Member

• Banned
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

I might be in the market for a 1800b. It looks like this is the wrong thread to get info on it though.......

:wub: