535 replies to this topic

#1 The_Snowman

The_Snowman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

Hi all,
Looks like a major delay with my Onyko 705 delivery, so this has been suggesteded this as a replacement; however, did a search on here and not finding much current information, what can you owners offer? Here are some specs for anyone interested in the latest -

http://www.yamahamus.../RX-V1800B.asp#

#2 HumanMedia

HumanMedia

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

http://www.dtvforum..../t54297-50.html

http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=56323

Edited by HumanMedia, 20 November 2007 - 07:27 PM.

#3 The_Snowman

The_Snowman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:08 AM

http://www.dtvforum..../t54297-50.html

http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=56323

Thanks for the links, I will keep researching and looking for answers / advice - the truth is out there! Sure would be good to hear from existing owners about these units, thoughts on pricing, set-up, sound quality, etc. or perhaps they are all so delighted they have no need to frequent forums any longer?
Thanks, John

#4 The_Snowman

The_Snowman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:45 AM

found a good review at - http://www.hometheat...1800/index.html

#5 The_Snowman

The_Snowman

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

Couple of pics to keep the thread alive and maybe help someone doing a search in the future. I have found this an easy unit to set-up and use; being able to re-assign the inputs, wow, never knew about stuff like that, just a beginner as you can see!

Rear picture

Front picture

#6 Audio Visual Revolution

Audio Visual Revolution

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:10 AM

Hey dont actually have one of these myself but as an installer I fitted one for a customer on friday.
Was a very nice amp, easy to set up, and with 3 powered zones very good value for money! Zone 2 + 3 easy o control with the seperate remote (has small sliding switch to swap from 2-3).
Haven't yet had it hooked up with the HT as the speakers hadnt arrived yet but had 4x 8" incielings in zone 2 and a pair of outdoors in zone 3.
If you have any specific questions on it let me know as i'm putting another one in on Tuesday

AV-R

#7 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:38 PM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the 1800/3800 does pass audio/video through the HDMI when the reciever is OFF?

Thanks.

#8 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the 1800/3800 does pass audio/video through the HDMI when the reciever is OFF?

Thanks.

Does your Tv display a picture when you turn it off ? If it does then I say yes otherwise no.

#9 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

Does your Tv display a picture when you turn it off ? If it does then I say yes otherwise no.

liang,
Are you trying to be a smart-arse or just trying to waste other people time?
If you know the answer then post a usefull reply otherwise do the forum a favour by just shut the F@&# up!
You don't really know what "pass-through" mean, do ya?

#10 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

liang,
Are you trying to be a smart-arse or just trying to waste other people time?
If you know the answer then post a usefull reply otherwise do the forum a favour by just shut the F@&# up!
You don't really know what "pass-through" mean, do ya?

You are wasting other people's time by asking a stupid question. When you turn off an electrical appliance such
a receiver do you exect it to continue to pass audio or video signal? When was the last time you heard music
from your stereo system when you actually switch off your amplifier ?

#11 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:40 PM

You are wasting other people's time by asking a stupid question. When you turn off an electrical appliance such
a receiver do you exect it to continue to pass audio or video signal? When was the last time you heard music
from your stereo system when you actually switch off your amplifier ?

liang,
There are no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people and you've just shown me that you are one of them.
Do you think that your amplifier is REALLY OFF when you turn it off? YES? Now, try this (at your own risk):
- Turn off your receiver/amplifier using the remote control,
- Remove the cover panel/s,
- With your bare fingers, randomly touch some components inside - especially those big round cylinder shaped components,
- Then come back and tell us if your receiver/amplifier is really OFF! :rolleyes:

#12 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

liang,
There are no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people and you've just shown me that you are one of them.
Do you think that your amplifier is REALLY OFF when you turn it off? YES? Now, try this (at your own risk):
- Turn off your receiver/amplifier using the remote control,
- Remove the cover panel/s,
- With your bare fingers, randomly touch some components inside - especially those big round cylinder shaped components,
- Then come back and tell us if your receiver/amplifier is really OFF! :rolleyes:

You are more than welcomed to try what you suggested above on your own equipments and I suggest you go ahead and try
it so others can learn from your experience. There is no such a thing as stupid questions but there are questions asked
by stupid people who ask questions without thinking about their question with a bit of common sense and your question
is just like that. :lol:

#13 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

There is no such a thing as stupid questions but there are questions asked
by stupid people who ask questions without thinking about their question with a bit of common sense and your question
is just like that. :lol:

Huh? What was that in English please? Calm down kid!
Actually, I think you are NOT capable to answer my question so just forget it and move along.
You're losing it and your posts are getting more and more silly.

#14 swordfish805

swordfish805

AV Forum Member

• 4,314 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

Actually, I think you are NOT capable to answer my question so just forget it and move along.

Mate - you're over the top here and I suggest YOU calm down. His first answer may have had a touch of the smart alec about it - but it certainly didn't justify the rude response you gave. You should have just had a chuckle and ignored it, hoping someone else might answer the question.

#15 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

You don't have a brain to interpret answers and even worse you don't even think before asking
a question. I have answered your question already and as for my capability of knowing the latest
technology around the HT all I can say is I have new AVR, a new 6 channel power amp,
I also have both Bluray and HD-DVD, a video proessor, HDTV, speakers, LCD TV and 1080p
projector. As for been silly you are asking a question that is silly I will ask you this question again
do you expect a electronic device like receiver to pass signal (both audio and video) when it is
switched off ?

#16 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Mate - you're over the top here and I suggest YOU calm down. His first answer may have had a touch of the smart alec about it - but it certainly didn't justify the rude response you gave. You should have just had a chuckle and ignored it, hoping someone else might answer the question.

Calm down? That kid hasn't got me fired up yet. :rolleyes:
*** Chuckle *** ... * chuckle*..... move along lad. Show is over ....

#17 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:12 AM

You don't have a brain to interpret answers and even worse you don't even think before asking
a question. I have answered your question already and as for my capability of knowing the latest
technology around the HT all I can say is I have new AVR, a new 6 channel power amp,
I also have both Bluray and HD-DVD, a video proessor, HDTV, speakers, LCD TV and 1080p
projector. As for been silly you are asking a question that is silly I will ask you this question again
do you expect a electronic device like receiver to pass signal (both audio and video) when it is
switched off ?

WOW!!! a "video proessor" (WTF?) ??? All that hi-tech gear??? I guess you do turn them ALL on at the same time, don't you? :D
Really kid, you didn't have to tell us that your parents are running a second-hand electronic shop! They should have spent some of that money on your education instead! Knowledge lasts a lifetime - Electronic equipment doesn't!
;)

#18 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

WOW!!! a "video proessor" (WTF?) ??? All that hi-tech gear??? I guess you do turn them ALL on at the same time, don't you? :D
Really kid, you didn't have to tell us that your parents are running a second-hand electronic shop! They should have spent some of that money on your education instead! Knowledge lasts a lifetime - Electronic equipment doesn't!
;)

I am tertiary educated so don't worry about me not getting enough educations, start worry about yourself first. Knolwedgeable person would not have asked the type of question you asked. And as to what components I turn on and off and how I finance my purchase and what my parents do is none of your business.

#19 swordfish805

swordfish805

AV Forum Member

• 4,314 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

Calm down? That kid hasn't got me fired up yet. :rolleyes:
*** Chuckle *** ... * chuckle*..... move along lad. Show is over ....

It would seem you don't really want any help if all you're doing is patronising or insulting everyone who responds to your posts. :angry2:

#20 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

I am tertiary educated so don't worry about me not getting enough educations, start worry about yourself first. Knolwedgeable person would not have asked the type of question you asked. And as to what components I turn on and off and how I finance my purchase and what my parents do is none of your business.

Well, well, well ....maybe a "tertiary educated" person can tell me what a "video proessor" is, but maybe not! :-O

#21 jliang70

jliang70

AV Forum Member

• 2,713 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Well, well, well ....maybe a "tertiary educated" person can tell me what a "video proessor" is, but maybe not! :-O

I made a typo and there is no shame in admitting it but it still does not match the level of stupidity your question displayed.

#22 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

It would seem you don't really want any help if all you're doing is patronising or insulting everyone who responds to your posts. :angry2:

If this is the type of "help", then "No, thank you!".
All sensible, helpfull, informative replies are always welcome and appreciated - All others are NOT. So why don't you adhere to your own advice - just chuckle and move along please! Unless you want to stick around to read the "self-humiliating" posts from that "tertiary educated" bang kid (or whatever his name is).

Looks like I've come to a wrong forum to ask questions. This is more of a place for people like bang to come and brag about his "imaginary" gears and his "vapour" knowledge.
Isn't the net a wonderful place??? :lol:

#23 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

If this is the type of "help", then "No, thank you!".
All sensible, helpfull, informative replies are always welcome and appreciated - All others are NOT. So why don't you adhere to your own advice - just chuckle and move along please! Unless you want to stick around to read the "self-humiliating" posts from that "tertiary educated" bang kid (or whatever his name is).

Looks like I've come to a wrong forum to ask questions. This is more of a place for people like bang to come and brag about his "imaginary" gears and his "vapour" knowledge.
Isn't the net a wonderful place??? :lol:

you are way out of line mate

your question was stupid and deserved a smart arse answer

you are aggressive, disrespectful and condescending.

#24 Adelaideltpc

Adelaideltpc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

you are way out of line mate

your question was stupid and deserved a smart arse answer

you are aggressive, disrespectful and condescending.

Hey idiot, which part of my post is not clear to you! This is what I said in my other post, read it (assume that you can read)

"All sensible, helpfull, informative replies are always welcome and appreciated - All others are NOT."

You people are unbelievable! - No I am not talking about "your system" - I'm talking about your level of INTELLIGENCE. It's so frick' LOW!
The answer to my original question was just simply a "Yes!" or "No!"

BTW, some really helpful soul has already answered my question without a "smart arse" attitude or even bragging about what he has. He is the kind of posters this forum really need NOT smart arse like you and that jang kid! What makes you think that you guys deserve some respect from other people when you have no respect for them. This is my respect for you, don't like it? Maybe you should be NICE to other posters next time!

#25 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hey idiot, which part of my post is not clear to you! This is what I said in my other post, read it (assume that you can read)

"All sensible, helpfull, informative replies are always welcome and appreciated - All others are NOT."

You people are unbelievable! - No I am not talking about "your system" - I'm talking about your level of INTELLIGENCE. It's so frick' LOW!
The answer to my original question was just simply a "Yes!" or "No!"

BTW, some really helpful soul has already answered my question without a "smart arse" attitude or even bragging about what he has. He is the kind of posters this forum really need NOT smart arse like you and that jang kid! What makes you think that you guys deserve some respect from other people when you have no respect for them. This is my respect for you, don't like it? Maybe you should be NICE to other posters next time!

you clam you want sensible answers, how about asking sensible questions and then refraining from abusing posters who pick you up on it. ;)