• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#176 IceZeroZero9

IceZeroZero9

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

sorry to bring up a old topic. I just have quick query. I have 2 belkin pureav surge protectors, the one in the lounge rooms connected light which is green isnt as bright as the earthed light. The unit in my bedroom both lights are the same brightness. Is there anything to be worried about in regards to the lounge room unit. Cheers.

Give Belkin a call and ask them directly on the phone. Usually when those lights go out then they replace the surge protector for free. Not sure about the light being dimmer though, and if that affects the surge protection, as in, if it's not providing as much protection anymore or starting to wear out.

#177 IceZeroZero9

IceZeroZero9

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:10 AM

Give Belkin a call and ask them directly on the phone. Usually when those lights go out then they replace the surge protector for free. Not sure about the light being dimmer though, and if that affects the surge protection, as in, if it's not providing as much protection anymore or starting to wear out.

Didn't realize that I was the last poster in this thread, I came in here to ask a new question ;). btw, I now have an answer to that above question - If the protection light is dimmer, then the surge protector likely needs replacing. The light went dim on one of my f9g823au2m Gold series boards and when I rang Belkin, they told me it isn't providing surge protection anymore and replaced if for me with a new one.

Anyway, the question I want to ask is, is the f9g823au3m much better than the f9g823au2m? I was able to get a hold of a f9g823au3m model and was wondering if I should use that in my computer room instead of the f9g823au2m Gold seres board that I am currently using in my computer room. The lesser of the two boards I am thinking of putting in another room to power a Plasma TV, Foxtel Digital box, DVD player, possibly a HTPC, etc.

Also, the cord won't quite reach the wall socket in the other room. Is it OK to use a short (2m) extension cord from the wall to the surge protected power board?

Edited by IceZeroZero9, 25 March 2014 - 03:11 AM.