Demo At Home

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 :)

:)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

Most Hi Fi retailers, [ as apposed to box sellers ] have an instal devision, Who will transport speakers or other heavy gear, to your home and set it up for you.
and ether demonstrate it for you, or call back to collect it, if you don't want to keep it.

And lets face it not many of us have the transport to convey something the size and weight of a pair of speakers. And returning them after they've been bouncing round in the trailer or horse float for a couple of hundred K's would be beyond debatable

very true !

when home demoing my speakers the dealer certainly much prefered to get them to my home......they never went back ofcourse :D

ps thats not to say I wouldnt have taken the absolute utmost of care if were picking up or dropping off myself no matter what the item. I'd say typically if home demoing the retailer would provide in original packaging and expect you to pick it up and drop it off in original condition. with any variations to this I'd say just upto between you and the retailer and what can negotiate :)