• Please log in to reply
633 replies to this topic

#626 myrantz

myrantz

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,181 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

thanks treb, I didnt time it but its very quick ! , 7.1 setup yes. it just rips through each circuit. and even the calculation and then saving it just moves through so quickly :)

There's good to know.. I wonder if that's just the AVP or all XT-32 are now faster... Damn I can't believe I'm actually a bit tempted... :/

#627 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

There's good to know.. I wonder if that's just the AVP or all XT-32 are now faster... Damn I can't believe I'm actually a bit tempted... :/

dont know treb, I know they put in additional processor boards in as part of the upgrade for additional grunt for audyssey etc, so good chance that is the main reason seems to speed along through the process :)

#628 Azz123

Azz123

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Al, lucky you only moved on the 4010! You'd be kicking yourself now!! :)

#629 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Al, lucky you only moved on the 4010! You'd be kicking yourself now!! :)

very true az ! dont know what I was thinking. and you know how much I loved that combination ! thank goodness never let this one go !

#630 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

very true az ! dont know what I was thinking. and you know how much I loved that combination ! thank goodness never let this one go !

Good to hear Al
enjoy

#631 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Good to hear Al
enjoy

thanks Brad, one week on I have watched a few movies and given the system a bit a of work out and absolutely thrilled with what this upgrade has brought. as a few others have said over on avs, the audyssey xt32, and processing upgrade has brought a whole new lease of life to the avp. I wouldnt have thought it possible things could get any better, but watching lord of the rings extended edition, fellow ship of the ring part one. I was just in awe. I was watching only -20db and combined with the epson 9000 pj overall its such a cinematic experience the likes of which I dont think ever had on my system. the scale the detail, dynamics, spacious sound stage and the enveloping surround sound staging. reference material and an absolute treat ! thrilled to absolute bits ! :)

monday am going to drop audio products a line, in thanks of the professionalism the upgrade was handled not just by them but by the local service centre as well. and some feedback how beneficial it has been. and that in all that especially given the scale of the upgrade the unit has come through absolutely fault free, bug free and in that way exceeded my expectations.

#632 bradp51

bradp51

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

thanks Brad, one week on I have watched a few movies and given the system a bit a of work out and absolutely thrilled with what this upgrade has brought. as a few others have said over on avs, the audyssey xt32, and processing upgrade has brought a whole new lease of life to the avp. I wouldnt have thought it possible things could get any better, but watching lord of the rings extended edition, fellow ship of the ring part one. I was just in awe. I was watching only -20db and combined with the epson 9000 pj overall its such a cinematic experience the likes of which I dont think ever had on my system. the scale the detail, dynamics, spacious sound stage and the enveloping surround sound staging. reference material and an absolute treat ! thrilled to absolute bits ! :)

monday am going to drop audio products a line, in thanks of the professionalism the upgrade was handled not just by them but by the local service centre as well. and some feedback how beneficial it has been. and that in all that especially given the scale of the upgrade the unit has come through absolutely fault free, bug free and in that way exceeded my expectations.

One of these in my future.......maybe retirement time.....the avp will come with the upgrade by then :)

#633 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

One of these in my future.......maybe retirement time.....the avp will come with the upgrade by then :)

well get ready for early retirement then ! hehe, as I posted back in dec

http://www.dtvforum....dpost&p=1767292

the avp has come with upgrade since then ! :D

http://www.audioprod...fo.aspx?NID=140

AVPA1HDASP3D
&
AVCA1HDASP3D

#634 :)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Looks like denon has an update for the avp online. 17 min dsp update. went smoothly. will take it as denon house keeping, taking care of any bugs before we find them :D