• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

Hey guys,

Anyone got any Wii games lying around that they are finished with ?

I'm particularly interested in getting my hands on a cheap copy of Zelda.

Cheers,

Andrew.

#2 MarkH

MarkH

AV Forum Member

• 8,673 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

Ive only got the obligatory Wii Sports, but I bought Smooth Moves last week. Awesome! I think the problem is that the way theyve set the Wii up, they are the type of games people will hold onto as you can have lots of fun with a Wii and alcohol!

#3 Felix.

Felix.

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

Still only about have way through Zelda. It's a looooong game, but very enjoyable and worth playing if you are into epic adventure gaming. I took a break from it when I reached a stumbling point and have been pre-occupied with Guitar Hero 2 on the 360 and a couple of PS3 titles since.

But once I've finished with it, hopefully in the next month or so, I certainly be looking to offload it if you can wait that long.

#4 MarkH

MarkH

AV Forum Member

• 8,673 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

been pre-occupied with Guitar Hero 2 on the 360 and a couple of PS3 titles since.

You must be on the PS3 at the crack of dawn for middle of the night - Ive never seen ya on it!!! :blink:

#5 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tiger woods07 for there Wii,if so does it work? i rushed out to buy it only to get home and it causes an error on the Wii,ive tried resetting and unplugging but still brings the error.Anyway just seeing if anyone else had a problem and knew a fix.(save me having to catch taxi back to shop :blink:

#6 Doug

Doug

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tiger woods07 for there Wii,if so does it work? i rushed out to buy it only to get home and it causes an error on the Wii,ive tried resetting and unplugging but still brings the error.Anyway just seeing if anyone else had a problem and knew a fix.(save me having to catch taxi back to shop :blink:

Mine works fine - a really gr8 game if you like sports games. Hasn't had good write-ups for some reason, but I enjoy it. The Tiger Challenge is good fun as you need to get better to complete each challenge or challenger.

I am guessing you have dud disc - I asumme you've done the latest system update ?

#7 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

I asumme you've done the latest system update ?

Umm no i havent updated anything,i dont have it connected to the net.my version is 2.1E

#8 Doug

Doug

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

It probably isn't the problem but my Wii has updated about 4 times since I got it - but I think it is mainly things such as the Internet software and other features such as the Poll channel.

#9 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

Was the game Doug,exchanged and all ok now :blink:

#10 bkw

bkw

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Let us know what you think of the game Wheelz as i'm keen to purchase it. I love the golf game on Wii sports but it's too short.

Cheers

#11 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

bkw its a great game,much better than wii sports golf,more of a challenge and heaps of different game modes and courses,graphics are better than wii golf, im sure you will enjoy it

ps.jb have it on sale for $79 which i got EB($99) to match

#12 Doug

Doug

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

I'm up to course 14 on TigerChallenge - hitting through the hoops is the toughest. Good fun game - can even add a beer gut to your character if you need .....

Putting can be bit frustrating as I seem to often complete the putt even when I'm in the middle of the backswing - it's all technique though I spose.

#13 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Putting can be bit frustrating as I seem to often complete the putt even when I'm in the middle of the backswing - it's all technique though I spose.

Yes it does it to me sometimes too but if you take you finger off the B button it stops the shot even if half way thru.

#14 bkw

bkw

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

Thanks wheelz and doug!!

I think I'll grab this one. :blink:

#15 sulimo

sulimo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

Well...it looks like I'm hopping on board the Wii train. Has anyone got a copy of Kororinpa they've finished with? As a fan of marble madness in my childhood, this looks like it might sate that urge.

#16 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

Tiger Woods 08 is due out in the States on August 28. Hopefully the extra time will translate to an even better game.

#17 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Tiger Woods 08 is due out in the States on August 28. Hopefully the extra time will translate to an even better game.

Im nowhere near mastering 07 yet

#18 Doug

Doug

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

I've completed the Tiger Challenge :blink: but the tournaments are really tough - some of the other players seem to birdie every 2nd hole.

#19 alku83

alku83

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

I've completed the Tiger Challenge :blink: but the tournaments are really tough - some of the other players seem to birdie every 2nd hole.

You must be a master! There's some very tough tournaments in there.

#20 Radirgyman

Radirgyman

AV Forum Member

• 19 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

I cant post a new thread for some very strange reason>??>?

has anyone got a Wii hooked up to a bravia? Ive seen it and it looks terrible.

#21 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

you need 5 posts before you can start a new thread.

Wii looks a lot better if connected with component cables.

Andrew.

#22 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Just bought G1 jockey,great fun horse racing game.Has hundreds of horses and race types (including jumps) to choose from.You use the wii remote as the whip and the nunchuck to steer and go forward.Grahpics are pretty good for a wii.All in all a good fun game for the family or anyone that likes horse racing.1-2 players.

#23 Doug

Doug

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

Anyone bought Mario Party 8 yet ?

Wheelz - can you bet on the horses ?

#24 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,296 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Wheelz - can you bet on the horses ?

hehe no doug you cant bet,but you do win prize money and can become leading apprentice and then champion jockey,but i prefer the fun in just racing mates :)

#25 layno411

layno411

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

anyone wanna swap mario party 8 for something?