NHL2K7 - played once?

sorry not really into ice hockey

#52 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

Come on guys theres gotta be some more guys wanting to trade there games on here.. I'll trade F1 or maby motorstorm

#53 Heiser202

Heiser202

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

Problem with the PS3 is there are only a handful of games and most people already have them or had them.

Im glad the PS3 has Blu Ray, or mine wouldnt have been used after the first week of launch.

The games are pathetic compared to the 360 games that have been coming out.

Who wants to play games that had been played 1 yr ago when they had been released on the 360, oh and pay twice as much now.

#54 Moey

Moey

AV Forum Member

• 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:04 AM

Problem with the PS3 is there are only a handful of games and most people already have them or had them.

Im glad the PS3 has Blu Ray, or mine wouldnt have been used after the first week of launch.

The games are pathetic compared to the 360 games that have been coming out.

Who wants to play games that had been played 1 yr ago when they had been released on the 360, oh and pay twice as much now.

truer words havent been spoken. I am apalled by the lack of games available for the Ps3, i have been stuck buying games i wouldnt normally buy just fo the sake of playing something, and looking at the upcoming game titles, there isnt that many decent games to look forward too..

#55 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

truer words havent been spoken. I am apalled by the lack of games available for the Ps3, i have been stuck buying games i wouldnt normally buy just fo the sake of playing something, and looking at the upcoming game titles, there isnt that many decent games to look forward too..

Agreed as well.

Although I primarily bought my PS3 as a subsidised BD player, I was also hoping to pick up some games along the way.

So far I only have F1, and don't see anything worth paying $120 for.

In contrast, when I had owned my 360 for this long, I already had over 15 games ...

Andrew.

#56 MarkH

MarkH

AV Forum Member

• 8,687 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

At the moment Im only use my mine for BR playback. I switch it on everyday tho', in the vain hope there will be a Home or Warhawk beta waiting!

#57 Chesty

Chesty

AV Forum Member

• 4,288 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Agreed as well.

Although I primarily bought my PS3 as a subsidised BD player, I was also hoping to pick up some games along the way.

So far I only have F1, and don't see anything worth paying $120 for.

In contrast, when I had owned my 360 for this long, I already had over 15 games ...

Andrew.

Agree and also use only really for BR.

The way i look at it is that as long as Sony has crappy or limited games titles, I can devote more $$ to BR titles instead!

#58 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

Yeah mines used mainly for blu ray.. and as u say you end up buying games you normally wouldnt buy..
but yeah over next 3 or so months there's a few really decent games which should change things..

#59 ajhogg

ajhogg

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Completely agree with the last few posts. Sony's range has been terrible and if not for the BD function, I don't see a reason why anyone would have paid $1000 for one of these things. However - there are some awesome titles on the horizon!! As a sports nut I simply can't wait for Madden and FIFA 08'!! Unlike 07, everything I've heard about Madden 08 is positive and it's shaping up to be THE gridiron game of all-time! It looks amazing. And also as a soccer fan, FIFA should be mind blowing :)

GTA IV also in October!!!!!!

#60 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

Completely agree with the last few posts. Sony's range has been terrible and if not for the BD function, I don't see a reason why anyone would have paid $1000 for one of these things. However - there are some awesome titles on the horizon!! As a sports nut I simply can't wait for Madden and FIFA 08'!! Unlike 07, everything I've heard about Madden 08 is positive and it's shaping up to be THE gridiron game of all-time! It looks amazing. And also as a soccer fan, FIFA should be mind blowing :)

Yeah I've actually gone back to playing gran turismo 4 on my ps3..
It's like a completly new experience for me now as i never had the projector or the surround sound setup when i played it when i first bought it..
and i'll keep playin it till any decent games come out..
lol

#61 MarkH

MarkH

AV Forum Member

• 8,687 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Problem is that these titles are not exclusive, and having played Fifa07 almost nightly since I bought it last year, I have more faith in XBox Live for multiplayer than I do for Sony.
These will be 360 purchases for me. Ill save the PS3 for any decent exclusives.

#62 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

Problem is that these titles are not exclusive, and having played Fifa07 almost nightly since I bought it last year, I have more faith in XBox Live for multiplayer than I do for Sony.

i agree

#63 ajhogg

ajhogg

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

With all due respect, anyone who buys a PS3 for Blu Ray and the off chance Sony might get a decent exclusive is rich, nuts or both.

Exclusive games are over rated. If a game is good enough, a developer will usually produce it across all platforms (excluding Halo, which I never got in to anyway). Although game content is the same they will run smoother on the PS3, not to mention many people prefer the controller and lack of noise from the unit itself!

I agree the PS3 game library is abysmal, however with the amount of games coming out in the next six months, I have faith that it will be a worthy purchase. As I said, exclusive games are 100% over rated.

#64 ajhogg

ajhogg

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

FYI: World Snooker Championship 2007 is still available BRAND NEW, never been played for anyone who is interested.

#65 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

With all due respect, anyone who buys a PS3 for Blu Ray and the off chance Sony might get a decent exclusive is rich, nuts or both.

Exclusive games are over rated. If a game is good enough, a developer will usually produce it across all platforms (excluding Halo, which I never got in to anyway). Although game content is the same they will run smoother on the PS3, not to mention many people prefer the controller and lack of noise from the unit itself!

I agree the PS3 game library is abysmal, however with the amount of games coming out in the next six months, I have faith that it will be a worthy purchase. As I said, exclusive games are 100% over rated.

Your saying gran turismo, final fantasy, metal gear solid series are all over rated??
There some of the best games ever made

#66 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:55 PM

Although game content is the same they will run smoother on the PS3, not to mention many people prefer the controller and lack of noise from the unit itself!

you must have hands the size of a 8 year olds if you think the ps3 controllers are more comfortable. the 360 controllers are ergonomically near perfect and also offer rumble. they win hands down.

show me where a ps3 game runs smoother than its 360 counterpart. they cant even get the graphics to look as good on the ps3 as the same game on the "inferior" 360 and you expect them to get it running smoother. keep dreaming.

the 360 blows the ps3 out of the water as a games console on all levels.

it is a little noisy though

and yes i have both

#67 kamma

kamma

AV Forum Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

i have Need for Speed:Carbon. played once for sale or trade. played once will consider 2 x br or hd-dvd movies also

#68 penguin

penguin

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

have a brand new copy of ridge racer 7 (still sealed, got it in my ps3 pack yesterday) for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

#69 momaw

momaw

AV Forum Member

• 12,790 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:24 PM

Care to explain, anyone who bought it for Blu-ray bought the cheapest blu-ray player on the market. How is that "rich" or "nuts"

PS the controller sucks donkey balls.

#70 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forum Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

Care to explain, anyone who bought it for Blu-ray bought the cheapest blu-ray player on the market. How is that "rich" or "nuts"

PS the controller sucks donkey balls.

Exactly, my PS3 was massively subsidised by Sony, and was 1/5 the price of the cheapest BD player available in Australia at the time (~$600 vs $2600).

and agree about the controller as well :)

Andrew.

#71 fat

fat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

I have an asian version of Motorstorm up for trade. All menus are in english but you can only play against others with the sanme version as it does not get the 1.2 patch like the Aus version

#72 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

Still have F1 for trade or sale..
Will trade for another game, let me know what use have..
Will also consider some blu ray or hd movies..

Cheers Scott

#73 Rosco122

Rosco122

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Still have F1 for trade or sale..
Will trade for another game, let me know what use have..
Will also consider some blu ray or hd movies..

Cheers Scott

Is your F1 game Aus version? I have US version so i cant play anyone in Aus
or Europe.......
I have Resistance which i havent played much....AUS version

#74 Scotto83

Scotto83

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

Is your F1 game Aus version? I have US version so i cant play anyone in Aus
or Europe.......
I have Resistance which i havent played much....AUS version

Yeah its the Aus version..
But i already have resistance..
Have any blu rays/ hd dvd movies?
I'd also consider selling it if you wanted to make an offer?

#75 ajhogg

ajhogg

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

World Snooker Championship 2007 is still going begging brand new, never been played.