• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nzoreo

nzoreo

AV Forums Member

• 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hi guys
well ive been reading over the Indoor Antennas for Digital TV thread to try and figure out what the deal is, at the moment i dont have digital tv but im looking at getting it within a few months, now i live in a block of apartments which doesnt have Master Antenna Distribution Systems, now i dont really want to fork out and get an external antenna for the place because its not mine, so it looks like im going to have to go with an indoor antenna of some sort, i was just wondering if anyone in the frankston area has an internal antenna with digital tv, and also whats the best internal atenna that you can buy, because the last thing i want to do is spend money on a tv with a digital box and not b able to use it properly. Now i have been thru the threads on this and they made no sence what so ever so could someone help me out a bit.
Thanks

#2 bellotv

bellotv

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys
well ive been reading over the Indoor Antennas for Digital TV thread to try and figure out what the deal is, at the moment i dont have digital tv but im looking at getting it within a few months, now i live in a block of apartments which doesnt have Master Antenna Distribution Systems, now i dont really want to fork out and get an external antenna for the place because its not mine, so it looks like im going to have to go with an indoor antenna of some sort, i was just wondering if anyone in the frankston area has an internal antenna with digital tv, and also whats the best internal atenna that you can buy, because the last thing i want to do is spend money on a tv with a digital box and not b able to use it properly. Now i have been thru the threads on this and they made no sence what so ever so could someone help me out a bit.
Thanks

If you can see the Dandenong mountains out any of your windows then you stand a chance by placing an internal antenna to "look " in this direction.
If you can't then good luck !
Walls,roofs etc reduce TV signals like you wouldn't believe and as Frankston is about 25-30kM from Dandenong( from memory ,I used to live there once) you need all the signal you can get.

Have you tried Brendon at Screen antennas,He lives in frankston and has Digital field strength meter/spectrum analyser so he can tell if your present MATV sysytem can handle digital .?

#3 nzoreo

nzoreo

AV Forums Member

• 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

i dont think i have a MATV system the only plug in the is for the foxtel satellite dish :blink: