• Please log in to reply
8652 replies to this topic

#1 mav

mav

DTV Forums Member

• 2,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hi All,

For those of you that have HD-DVD's and are looking to swap I would like to do a swap for my Training Day title.

Let me know if you are interested, my title is in pristine condition played once. Just not my kind of movie.

Cheers

Mav

#2 mav

mav

DTV Forums Member

• 2,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

Traded.

#3 Felix.

Felix.

DTV Forums Member

• 2,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

I'll definitely be down to trade/lend titles in the future. Until HD-DVD rentals become a reality I think this is the best way to see as many movies as possible.

#4 williamtassone

williamtassone

DTV Forums Member

• 1,106 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:55 PM

A GOOD IDEA THAT WOULD WORK WELL for members who live in the same town thus eliminating freight costs

by the way I've just finished KING KONG HD-DVD that was sent early to me by DVDpacific.

Anyone interested in a trade??

Ha Ha :blink:

#5 dazbug

dazbug

DTV Forums Member

• 1,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

Good idea ot trade. As some movies i wont watch again. Hmm Aeon Flux anyone? (will ???? lol )

#6 mav

mav

DTV Forums Member

• 2,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

A GOOD IDEA THAT WOULD WORK WELL for members who live in the same town thus eliminating freight costs

by the way I've just finished KING KONG HD-DVD that was sent early to me by DVDpacific.

I seriously think you are toying with us now Will. :D

#7 :)

:)

DTV Forums Guru

• 31,392 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:03 PM

this is a great idea of a thread mav and seems to have worked for you too.

I dont even have any hd-dvds to trade ! yet dont wanna be left out :blink: hehe

#8 GraveDilute

GraveDilute

DTV Forums Member

• 198 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Can't wait for it all to settle and for these HD dvd's to start appearing in rental shops.

#9 mav

mav

DTV Forums Member

• 2,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

this is a great idea of a thread mav and seems to have worked for you too.

I dont even have any hd-dvds to trade ! yet dont wanna be left out :blink: hehe

I think most of us here treat our media with the kind reverence they deserve rather than the local bozo's who rent from their local DVD shop and use them as frizbees or drink coasters.

It may cost a little to send the title to another person but it is a pittance compared to buying new from the US at the moment. Plus I personally would only trade with someone that I thought was an honest person and would send their title in return.

If I knew my title was damaged in some way then I would not trade it as that just would not be right and it would spoil it for all eventually.

Edit: Why do they have to put so many sticky labels around the HD-DVD title case edges? Crikey it takes ages to get them off as they never come off in one piece.

#10 Felix.

Felix.

DTV Forums Member

• 2,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

Yeah I'll swap you for Superman Returns. Great HD-DVD, excellent transfer, sounded awesome in TrueHD....

But seriously even putting one in an Aussie Post bag and sending it interstate...what is that...a couple of bucks?!

#11 kamma

kamma

DTV Forums Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

i'll be up for that when i have seen all mine and work out which ones i no longer want/need

#12 dazbug

dazbug

DTV Forums Member

• 1,835 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Aeon Flux if anyone wants it for a trade.

#13 Guest_jeffpr_*

Guest_jeffpr_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hi dazbug would searchers or l/weapon 2 or sahara interest you for a swap? jeff rosanna melb

#14 dazbug

dazbug

DTV Forums Member

• 1,835 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:53 PM

nah, not really my type of movies sorry

#15 Guest_jeffpr_*

Guest_jeffpr_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:57 PM

As another option for people . loan your movie[s] to others on the forum [in your area] and you borrow theirs, ie 2 at a time. Some buildup of trust is required but do we want to own every movie ourselves? or could we even afford it?

could we also put our location in our post?

jeff rosanna melb

Dazbug. no worries. jeff rosanna melb

#16 Guest_jeffpr_*

Guest_jeffpr_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

for those who might want to borrow titles, my available titles are searchers l/weapon 2, ray, chronicles of riddock, pitch black,goodfellas, sahara, training day, seabiscuit ,constantine.

jeff rosanna melb

#17 kamma

kamma

DTV Forums Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

for those who might want to borrow titles, my available titles are searchers l/weapon 2, ray, chronicles of riddock, pitch black,goodfellas, sahara, training day, seabiscuit ,constantine.

jeff rosanna melb

how does seabiscuit look? i remember seeing that at the cinemas with my dad (big punter from way back) and was blown away by the movie and quality of the video

#18 Guest_jeffpr_*

Guest_jeffpr_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:37 PM

Kamma ---- havn,t watched it yet. jeff rosanna. melb

#19 kamma

kamma

DTV Forums Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:42 PM

Kamma ---- havn,t watched it yet. jeff rosanna. melb

i'll be keen to hear about it when you do

#20 kamma

kamma

DTV Forums Member

• 3,413 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

i thought i ordered tokyo drift but actually ordered the original so is anyone keen on trading for fast and the furious?

#21 benthx

benthx

DTV Forums Member

• 732 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:41 AM

Hey Guys

In the very early days when LDs came out the software was very limited. The only places that had LDs were hif i stores that used LDs for demo purposes. A friend and I started up the interactive laserdisc society which now no longer exists. We as a collective of members about 80 shared/swaped our lds for free. But the memberships costs were paid by the members of the association which included monthly newsletters, HT meets, discounts from ht stores etc..... Each members made their titles availble to the collective and we had meets every month. Those in close proximatey to each other swaped before the next meet.

Maybe the HD DVD owners could do such. Of which I would eventually become a member of.

#22 Felix.

Felix.

DTV Forums Member

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:52 AM

I've been very keen on a member swap/trade program from the outset. However it looks like HD-DVD rentals may be a reality in Australia as early as December, although I think Jan/Feb may be a more realistic target.

But I'll still be willing to loan titles to other regular members here at least until these commercial schemes get fully up and running.

#23 williamtassone

williamtassone

DTV Forums Member

• 1,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:38 AM

given the delay in 2nd generation players I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see titles till February in Australia.

I have REDS HD-DVD. ....looking to swap it for the original Superman HD-DVD with Marlon Brando and Christopher Reeves

#24 tofo17

tofo17

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:32 PM

I'd be willing to swap King Kong for any of the following:
V for Vendetta
The Bourne Supremacy
The Phantom of the Opera
Goodfellas

Cheers,
tofo (Brisbane)

#25 Guest_jeffpr_*

Guest_jeffpr_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:04 PM

I would also like to loan/swap hd-dvds with others and have available sahara training day searchers riddock constantine pitch black seabiscuit goodfellas l/weapon 2 ray and on order superman 1&2 and f&furious1

jeff , rosanna melbourne