148 replies to this topic

#126 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

Heads up everyone.
Season 3, (Episode 1 - Occupation), is starting on TEN HD, Thursday 20th 8.30pm.

Now I've got a dilemma. I'm not home on Thursday night. :angry:
I've got a SD Toppy that can record the episode, but can't play it back unless transferred to the PC.
I've also got a brand new Beyonwiz DP-P1, all wrapped up under the Chrissy tree waiting for me on the 25th.
Is it good form to fire up the Wiz prior to Christmas, for an event such as this??

#127 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,638 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

Sorry ozdoc, she? might not fully appreciate the sacrifice but she will appreciate you opening the wrapping pre-25th.

I'd suggest you record this one on the Toppy :)

Merry Christmas (and hope Santa brings you something nice :))

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#128 conphi

conphi

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:10 AM

Heads up everyone.
Season 3, (Episode 1 - Occupation), is starting on TEN HD, Thursday 20th 8.30pm.

Now I've got a dilemma. I'm not home on Thursday night. :angry:
I've got a SD Toppy that can record the episode, but can't play it back unless transferred to the PC.
I've also got a brand new Beyonwiz DP-P1, all wrapped up under the Chrissy tree waiting for me on the 25th.
Is it good form to fire up the Wiz prior to Christmas, for an event such as this??

Yes I'm eagerly waiting to record the BG Series 3 in HD as well! I'm off to Canada for a couple of weeks so I'm programming my Toppy for HD recording so I won't miss out. I'll be recording Thursday's episode on my computer's HD tuner card, ahh...

Regards Phil C.

#129 lordvader

lordvader

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

BSG last night looked FANTASTIC !!!!!!

#130 fakeshemp

fakeshemp

AV Forum Member

• 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

According to the TV guides, no Battlestar Galactica next...two episodes of Smallville instead. I suspect its been axed.

#131 Vortical

Vortical

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

According to the TV guides, no Battlestar Galactica next...two episodes of Smallville instead. I suspect its been axed.

Why Ten Why?

#132 Damon

Damon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

Why Ten Why?

According to the Ch10 forum, a Episode of Smallville is rated M and needs to be shown after 8:30PM. BSG will return in a weeks time.

rgds Damon

#133 Toppy

Toppy

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

Anyone else seen the 2hr Razor yet?
I would love to get hold of the DVD release, as it sounds like it might have some more in-depth bits.
Loved the battlestar shipyard scenes, and the old time cylons.
The aussie actress playing Kendra Shaw did a great job also.

I have seen series 3 to episode 20. With Series 4 due to start in march 2008 in the USA I think. Where does razor fit in to this?? I need to know more, BSG is addictive and I need to feed my addiction :-)

#134 Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

G'day Toppy,

Razor is set between some of the final season 2 episodes, specifically 'The Captain's Hand' and 'Lay Down Your Burdens Pt I', as well as including some flashbacks to the First Cylon War and the events on the Pegasus alluded to by Admiral Cain, after the first Cylon attack. It also sets up some story arcs for S4. So if you have seen S3 you are good to go.

Have you seen Razor? A friendly soul had it on YouTube under the name 'navaja' until recently, although it doesn't look like it's there any more. Otherwise you have to go the download route or buy the dvd from the US.

If you want further info on Razor and/or BSG, the Battlestar Wiki is the place to go:

Battlestar Wiki

Also, the boards on the Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB) are great.

Hope that helps,

TM

#135 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:14 PM

***Heads up for all you BG fans.***

I note that 10 has moved it to the 9.30 pm time slot as of tonight. Don't forget to adjust your PVRs....

I presume they want to promote The Biggest Loser on both HD and SD. There's nothing quite like watching jiggling stomachs in glorious HD.. :ph34r:

#136 tonygib

tonygib

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

I presume they want to promote The Biggest Loser on both HD and SD. There's nothing quite like watching jiggling stomachs in glorious HD.. :ph34r:

Sure there is, G-string leotards..... but I don't think even Ten would go that 'low', mind you, this is FTA TV we are talking about, so you never know :P

#137 Sicarius123

Sicarius123

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:16 PM

Does anyone know if BSG is available in box sets in HD? Preferably Blu-Ray? I would presume so since it is shown in HD programming in the states on the Sci Fi channel.

Then again we'd never get that here would we? Region coding is the biggest joke and organised consumer rip off I've ever seen.

Dan.

#138 conphi

conphi

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Does anyone know if BSG is available in box sets in HD? Preferably Blu-Ray? I would presume so since it is shown in HD programming in the states on the Sci Fi channel.

Then again we'd never get that here would we? Region coding is the biggest joke and organised consumer rip off I've ever seen.

Dan.

I believe it's going to be released in Oz soon on the HD - DVD format. This will be one of the 1st Hi-Def vids I'll be purchasing when I upgrade... (on blue-ray that is...)

Regards Phil C.

#139 Tamworth_Tim

Tamworth_Tim

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Dan.

EzyDVD has season one on HD DVD for preorder, available 5 March. http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/796525

I'll get it when Universal finally switches HD camps and releases it on Blu-Ray.

Edited by Tamworth_Tim, 14 February 2008 - 01:03 PM.

#140 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

EzyDVD has season one on HD DVD for preorder, available 5 March. http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/796525

I'll get it when Universal finally switches HD camps and releases it on Blu-Ray.

Possibly?? cheaper from amazon?

#141 Tamworth_Tim

Tamworth_Tim

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Possibly?? cheaper from amazon?

Are you asking Amazon's price for the HD DVD version?
Could be. I don't regularly check there.

Universal are committed HD DVD supporters. They don't do Blu-Ray, but they could change at any time.

#142 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

Question to BSG fans.

Season 4 kicks off in just over 6 weeks, episode one being "He That Believeth In Me", set to screen Friday April 4th. (A biblical allusion to Starbuck, "risen from the dead", guiding the colonies to Earth?)

Now, Season 3 on 10HD will be up to around Ep 14 at this time.
Q:
Is it worth hanging out a further 6 weeks for season 3 to end, to then hopefully watch season 4 for the first time in glorious HD, or will we all find 'other means' having waited so long?

#143 keiron

keiron

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

Question to BSG fans.

Season 4 kicks off in just over 6 weeks, episode one being "He That Believeth In Me", set to screen Friday April 4th. (A biblical allusion to Starbuck, "risen from the dead", guiding the colonies to Earth?)

Now, Season 3 on 10HD will be up to around Ep 14 at this time.
Q:
Is it worth hanging out a further 6 weeks for season 3 to end, to then hopefully watch season 4 for the first time in glorious HD, or will we all find 'other means' having waited so long?

I bought season 3 on DVD cos I got sick of waiting for 10 to put it back on. Hopefully 10HD will stream season 4 direct from the US and we won't be left hanging for 6-12 months. Then there's "Razor", will they or won't they show it??

#144 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

It looks like Channel 10 is not going to follow on with Season 4 at this stage.

This weeks episode S03E22 (which is an absolute ripper, the soundtrack alone is deserving of an Emmy), is showing up as 'final', and next weeks EPG has a new season of Jericho slotted in for the SciFi 9.30pm time slot. Hopefully they do get around to showing Razor and the first half of season 4.

#145 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

S04E08 was delayed a week in the USA.
Will be shown this Sunday?

Interestingly the release dates for Ep11 to 20 has not been announced yet.
No doubt the writers a furiously writing!

#146 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

S04E08 was delayed a week in the USA.
Will be shown this Sunday?

Interestingly the release dates for Ep11 to 20 has not been announced yet.
No doubt the writers a furiously writing!

Ep 8 (technically called Ep 10 as they count Razor as ep 1/2) is due to air Fri 30/5/08.
The second half was intended to be released early next year, but apparently pressure is mounting to release it early in their 'fall'.
I think it's all written and filmed. I read a blog by the lead singer of Anthrax, describing 'Chief Tyrols' reaction after reading the final script. Apparently he was blown away by it.

#147 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

Ep 8 (technically called Ep 10 as they count Razor as ep 1/2) is due to air Fri 30/5/08.
The second half was intended to be released early next year, but apparently pressure is mounting to release it early in their 'fall'.
I think it's all written and filmed. I read a blog by the lead singer of Anthrax, describing 'Chief Tyrols' reaction after reading the final script. Apparently he was blown away by it.

Bring it on!!

You will have no doubt deduced that I have 'caught up' and watched all my episodes plus the ones you gave me AND am up to S04E07 and eagerly await 'the rest'. :rolleyes:

#148 daro

daro

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:15 PM

There is now only 10 episodes to go till the end....

#149 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

There is now only 10 episodes to go till the end....

And quite a bit of pressure to get them done and out sooner rather than later.