Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:14 AM

Has Battlestar Galactica been taken off the Wednesday night schedule? :blink:

Regards Phil C.

#2 anthonysimilion

anthonysimilion

AV Forums Member

• 3,587 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

It appears so. :blink: It's not on YourTV anymore. Replaced by ridiculous 'Joker Poker'.

#3 phase5

phase5

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:54 AM

My TV Guide lists this Wednesday night episode as "Final".
And we're only about half way through the season. (More or less).

So that's it till next year I suupose, if it does come back.

If I had the cash I'd go a buy the season 2 boxed set.

Do the channels really wonder why viewers are giving up and turning to other sources for their viewing.

#4 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:27 AM

It appears so. :blink: It's not on YourTV anymore. Replaced by ridiculous 'Joker Poker'.

Joker Poker!! Frack.
I find it hard to believe a quality show like BG can't find 1 hr in the weeks schedule. Idiots.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Scifi channel starting up.

#5 Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey

AV Forums Member

• 7,832 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:49 AM

I got sick of missing episodes so went and got the boxsets!

Im looking forward to sitting down and watching the whole series :-)

Bitey

#6 tonygib

tonygib

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:04 PM

If I had the cash I'd go a buy the season 2 boxed set.

Come November it goes on sale: http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/787854

Big W may even be cheaper, along with a couple of others things I've been waiting for a sale, so first week next month is going to cost me a bit.

And on a side note, Episode 4 of Season 3 fracking ROCKED :blink:

PS. Shock horror, a TV station stuffs around with the scheduling, maybe 10 will be going after ICETV next and are 'adjusting' there times ready for the court case....

#7 conphi

conphi

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

Come November it goes on sale: http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/787854

Big W may even be cheaper, along with a couple of others things I've been waiting for a sale, so first week next month is going to cost me a bit.
And on a side note, Episode 4 of Season 3 fracking ROCKED :blink:
PS. Shock horror, a TV station stuffs around with the scheduling, maybe 10 will be going after ICETV next and are 'adjusting' there times ready for the court case....

I do realise that the DVD box set is available & I've got it but I want to see BG in high definition. The difference between the DVD pic & Channel 10 is like chalk & cheese! Let's hope that they release a HD boxset of the whole series in the near future...

Regards Phil C.

#8 Mr.Bitey

Mr.Bitey

AV Forums Member

• 7,832 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

I do realise that the DVD box set is available & I've got it but I want to see BG in high definition. The difference between the DVD pic & Channel 10 is like chalk & cheese!

Not if your resizing (upscaling) etc.. :blink:

Bitey

#9 lordvader

lordvader

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:20 PM

I hope this is an error.
Though I've seen them all, the HD version that 10 broadcast are amazing !

#10 conphi

conphi

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

I hope this is an error.
Though I've seen them all, the HD version that 10 broadcast are amazing !

I agree!

Regards Phil C.

#11 -Bishop-

-Bishop-

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

Nooooooo, I'm so sick of channel Ten, frack them all, if they keep this up they will have nothing left for me to watch, cause I will have watched it all elsewhere from the pure frustration of waiting for them to show it.

How can Ten do something as smart as showing Jericho, yet still kill their own ratings with other shows by pulling them and having everyone either buy rent or BT them all!!!

#12 ozdoc

ozdoc

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

I just spoke to a lovely receptionist at channel 10 Perth regarding BG scheduling.
She has received an email (for what thats worth) from the schedulers.
According to TEN, BG is 'due to return' in Jan, again in the 1115pm time slot, but possibly on another day.

For what it's worth, the receptionist was disappointed about it also.

#13 eyestrain

eyestrain

AV Forums Member

• 809 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

According to TEN, BG is 'due to return' in Jan, again in the 1115pm time slot, but possibly on another day.

Thanks for the only good news about yet another bad programming decision.

Maybe with the return of both Smallville and the 4400, TEN has its own internal limit on how many Sci-fi shows it airs??? :D :ph34r: :blink:

#14 HyperReality

HyperReality

AV Forums Member

• 1,584 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

How interesting: I went to ten.com.au this evening to check their program guide, just to be sure, as the paper guide from Sunday lists it as on. In the "Genre" search selection box in Ten's online program guide, "Science Fiction" isn't even an option!

Says it all really. :blink:

#15 maelstrom

maelstrom

AV Forums Member

• 58 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

Welcome to the realworld of 'television programming dynamics' :D

Just think back to how many 'other' series got moved, rescheduled, resloted & eventually canned :blink:

Hmmm... box sets sounds like the smarter option :P

#16 maeroero

maeroero

AV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:05 AM

Welcome to the realworld of 'television programming dynamics' :D

Just think back to how many 'other' series got moved, rescheduled, resloted & eventually canned :blink:

Hmmm... box sets sounds like the smarter option :P

I only found out tonight when awaiting the episode I found this dumb joker poker proram, surely its not the program all australia is talking about. So now I have little reason to watch channel 10.
I will prob see the series on DVD and forget free to air it is for the brain dead.

what gets me is the total lack of info the channel 10 gave us about the change.
there is no email address to query them
there is no info on their web page.
I suspect they are putting on their dumber than usual programming for the summer.
more reality shows and wanna be celebrity specials will prob follow, its not that they are making quality proramming, it is they are making cheap filler for the air waves, I would prefer the test pattern

#17 Alex

Alex

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

TEN Melbourne's reception told me series will return in January.
Oh well, for me, that means no point watching TEN till then. In mean time, I think I'll do something more productive.

#18 lavalamphat

lavalamphat

AV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

The commercial tv networks really treat scifi fans with contempt.
Perhaps they are presuming we've already lownloaded all the eps.
Self fulfilling expectation?

#19 bailyflah

bailyflah

AV Forums Member

• 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:52 AM

I too was getting comfy on wednesday night waiting for my weekly fix of BSG.. even the screen on 10 that tells you whats coming up next (" next 10 news... Later Battlestar Gallactica") so all seemed like a normal wednesday night... until that pure crap that is called joker poker came on instead? wtf???

its a joke alright!

am I right in thinking that channel 10, for some reason beyond any sane person's thinking, have replaced BSG with this crap???

mind you, this is the same channel who showed numerous repeats of NCIS and House (amongst others) in a vain attempt to drag out the end of season finalies in line with other shows on other channels.

of course all the channels are the same, but i've found channel 10 to be the worst culprit. There is no reason for me to watch 10 now... all the programs have either finished, been removed (usually without prior notice to the viewers) or simply cancelled...

seems that theres somebody in channel 10 with a strange perception of scheduling and what the viewers would like to see...

it would be REALLY nice channel 10 If you showed some care for your viewers and explained these mysterious and sudden program-hopping activities!

Wednesday night is no longer channel 10 night. And you can stick joker poker up your a$%$!!

:blink:

#20 blackadder

blackadder

AV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

:blink: Being an old fart I can still remember the original Star Trek in the sixtys being moved, not broadcast due to sport etc. nothing changes! BSG is being treated the same.
The excuss the networks usually give for this "its not rating" to move to a late timeslot, if this true why over 20 years did Nine/Win keep the Star Trek rights which cost a far amount for a show being broadcast at midnight or later. The answer to this is simple they want a show they know has a moderate fan base who will stay with the show in this timeslot, which most of the other rubbish they broadcast can't do.
Whille this might have worked a few years ago, given the tech savy of many sci fi fans and things like bittorrent which I understand from many of my friends already has the first 4 or 5 episodes of season 3 why would anybody wait till January. Stopping a show that is building to a clifhanger ending ( for two or three months ) is treating the audience with contempt, and as for Joker Poker (damn I've just been sick in a bucket)
This seems to be B grade comedians with the Z grade unemployed ex host of that late bigbrother rubbish.

Several previous comments talk of buying the DVD set for season 2 why not rent instead My local vid shop has had this for a month (and thats in TAS)

#21 phase5

phase5

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

I don't know if that piece of crap, "Joker Poker" was meant to be on Tuesday nights at 8:30pm on a regular basis or not. It was there last week, but appears to have been dropped this week, after just one week, for repeats of "Futurama".

My God, the debt Channel 10 owes Matt Groening for filling up there schedule ....

#22 tonygib

tonygib

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

Several previous comments talk of buying the DVD set for season 2 why not rent instead My local vid shop has had this for a month (and thats in TAS)

Because whats the point in wasting rental money, when I just got the season 2 dvd box set for under $37 (price drop and 15% off sale) at target :blink:

#23 daro

daro

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

The commercial tv networks really treat scifi fans with contempt.
Perhaps they are presuming we've already lownloaded all the eps.
Self fulfilling expectation?

And the anwser would be Fracken YES.....

I give up on FTA TV..

I have already seen all of S2 & up to ep 4 of S3

Frack you all FTA networks.

#24 alumis

alumis

AV Forums Member

• 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

And the anwser would be Fracken YES.....

I give up on FTA TV..

I have already seen all of S2 & up to ep 4 of S3

Frack you all FTA networks.

I agree, frack em all. I too am watching S3, I reckon it just gets better and better.

#25 -Bishop-

-Bishop-

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

It's back, but at 12:45AM late Sunday/Monday morning, I'm not sure I'm happy about that, that time slot has always seemed to me like the 'kiss of death', it's usually where they burry a show before they dump it soon after...

I may have too give up and add it to my BT list, I was willing to cut local TV some slack on this one, but now there just seems no point anymore.