• Please log in to reply
1487 replies to this topic

#1476 fiik

fiik

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

G'Day,

Followed this thread from P1 to the end, but my RH 1999H is still not working correctly.

The problem started with the unit not reading retail DVD's.
I have changed the DVD drive with a H44N following nicodet's site -great stuff!
Updated the firmware from the Guru's site.

Most commercial DVD's will load (recognised as dvd), play the copyright warning, the disclaimer and will then freeze with no display on screen. The dvr panel displays menu or sometimes the number of scenes with 0 00:00:00.
The DVD menu does not show.

One other weird thing about the fw is the aspect ratio after the Guru update.

I am hooked up to two different satellite decoders and a 16:9 rear projection tv.

Both decoders are set to 16:9 output and the 1999h was set the same.

When I loaded the firmware I didn't check everything but the aspect was correct - 16:9 was selected in setup.

The first time I used the dvr was to timeslip a program while watching something else. When I went back to watch the program the aspect was wrong. I had to reset the dvr to 4:3 to maintain the correct aspect ratio during timeslip. Output when watching TV was normal however when timeslip started the picture compressed horizontally with black bars down the sides. Like watching a 4:3 video on 16:9. I can live with this.

I am in Australia. The DVR is an RH1999H multicard.

SET:Ver=81003A
Cware=3620_P15
BSP=DMN3
FME 10:Ver=R60(D61)
LOADER=RB01
MCard:VER 0.30

OP codes (modified) - originally Australian standard

OP1= 0c
OP2=60
OP3=05
OP4=70
OP5=DE
OP6=AF
OP7=01
OP8=15

Mask 60

#1477 newtaste

newtaste

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I've had my RH1777 since 2006 and never had a problem with it. Made it region free, upgraded it with the unofficial bios and firmware, and have been very happy with it. Only hassle is the analogue only tuner, so have used a STB since I got the LG.

#1478 nicodocet

nicodocet

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

<p>

G'Day,

Followed this thread from P1 to the end, but my RH 1999H is still not working correctly.
...The problem started with the unit not reading retail DVD's.

Try to set the region code of the drive (connect it to your PC to perform this) to the same region code you have setted in the recorder.

<p>

One other weird thing about the fw is the aspect ratio after the Guru update.

With last guru's firmware, to change aspect ratio, during playback or timesleep, you have just to press "Title" button.</p>

Edited by nicodocet, 11 January 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#1479 TVCrazy

TVCrazy

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi Folks,
I can't beleive this thread is still going !

I recently lost my replacement loader ( GSA-H10N ) Purchased on ebay two years ago.
I just picked up a GSA4167B replacement from the same eBay Seller.

Works perfectly !
In fact this loader plays commercial DVDs right off the bat with the recorder.
The GSA 4167B firmware must be identical to the original SL40 loader.

Great News !

Now to find a recorder firware package that removes input record blocking signals !
My service provider has just upgraded their On Demand Video servers to include the signals in the analogue video stream.

:)

#1480 billy07

billy07

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (proxyx99 @ Nov 4 2010, 07:33 AM)
I decided to try 6721R-N021A. I ordered it already, just $15, and if there's trouble which I do not foresee for now

It's a realy good price! Where did you find it?
Have you already installed it?

nicodocet : I've replaced the DVD SuperMulti drive in my LG LRH 780, RH 1999H and a friends Insignia HDD DVD recorder using the same 6721r-n021 deck. It's an IDE interface and works in just about all the LG, Zenith or Insignia DVD recorders. I get mine from a lady in Indiana, US. Her email is chilisbear@hotmail.com. Much easier than taking apart a drive to get the laser out.

#1481 yo spanish

yo spanish

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi!, someone saved a copy in his hard drive or have the CD-R with BIOS Loader for GDA-4164L?, firmware bios know as SL40 or SL39 (SL40.zip or something like dvdslxx.rs1 and YASMSLxx.BIN)

the official bios loader and recorders firmwares in the LG Polish Web ls not longer available inside this link (http://ifndef.alterv.../index_eng.html)

also if have the official recorder's firmware too (60911A....), because only find the un-official mod firm in http://gurus.atw.hu/

if someone have isomething, gratefull please attachs the file/s in his post or a valid link to download, thanks and excuse my english

#1482 diNovoM

diNovoM

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hey guys, hope you're still active here ... (cause i can't find any active forum with that much infos on firmware)
So i got an LG RH278H with original firmware so: SET: Ver = 61218A Cware = 2K41_7138 BSP = DMN3 FME IO: Ver = R00(D12), Loader : SD09, USB : v1.

Actually i don't use it often anymore (while i don't see a benefit from selling it) - but currently i had to sell my htpc (will make a new one when all details are fixed), borrowed my old "play-all-sd-material-dvd-player" to a friend, also cant stream from my main-pc to TV and so i thought to give it a chance but i can remember off and still see problems with several files even old avi/divx. So i would like to test if a newer firmware would solve this, but as dvdboard.de f.e. is still down as well as all other links to ul.to & co i can't find any files resp as there is no overview what files can be used for what recorder it's hard to get that information.

Taking a look at the last post to http://gurus.atw.hu/ i wonder if i can use the files for 177-188-199-200 as i somewhere read they use the same firmware file, yet i know my rec needs an LG_RH200_Update.ROM and the last beta is an LG_HDR_UPDATE.004.

#1483 diNovoM

diNovoM

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Oh, i can't search in a thread (yet) but taking a look into page 59 many ppl use 70919a and the newest for this seems to be 80402A? I am not a fan of posting e-mail adresses, may someone can pm me a ddl-link?

#1484 diNovoM

diNovoM

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Okay, i wrote to LG support but just got default "not on our page" answer (well i know that too, that's why i as in first place, anyway) got at least 70919A from LG live chat. First i had trouble with: CD-R/CD-RW wasn't able to be read (Just detects: no CD), and then also the filename had to be changed (no Version number in string). Finally it gave me the update screen. First it did some file verification, next it showed (for full string see #1482).

Current Version
SET: Ver = 61218A Cware = 2K41_7138 BSP = D
New CD Write Version
SET: Ver = 70919A Cware= 2K_67 BSP=DMN3"

So with Play i wrote the new version and it was successful (proved by 7889 check). Still i can't play several video files, like "Simple@L3 Xvid 1.0.2 with just 899Kbps, DL-Audio". And that's the reason - just “DIV3, MP43, DIVX, DX50” codecs are supported. I hoped with an firmware update such simples like xvid would get supported too. Or is it with 80402A? Can't find a changelog and the LG chat employee didn't know that version/doesn't have it/a clue where to find.

Btw. any way to update the loader?

Edited by diNovoM, 22 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#1485 FERNSEHTECHNIKER

FERNSEHTECHNIKER

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Okay, i wrote to LG support but just got default "not on our page" answer (well i know that too, that's why i as in first place, anyway) got at least 70919A from LG live chat. First i had trouble with: CD-R/CD-RW wasn't able to be read (Just detects: no CD), and then also the filename had to be changed (no Version number in string). Finally it gave me the update screen. First it did some file verification, next it showed (for full string see #1482).

Current Version
SET: Ver = 61218A Cware = 2K41_7138 BSP = D
New CD Write Version
SET: Ver = 70919A Cware= 2K_67 BSP=DMN3"

So with Play i wrote the new version and it was successful (proved by 7889 check). Still i can't play several video files, like "Simple@L3 Xvid 1.0.2 with just 899Kbps, DL-Audio". And that's the reason - just “DIV3, MP43, DIVX, DX50” codecs are supported. I hoped with an firmware update such simples like xvid would get supported too. Or is it with 80402A? Can't find a changelog and the LG chat employee didn't know that version/doesn't have it/a clue where to find.

Btw. any way to update the loader?

Hi diNovoM!

Please have a look into forum
http://ifndef.alterv.../index_eng.html
for OpLab v2.52k

There you will find information about a lot of LG Recorders.
Here is a short extract about firmware and loader versions:

RH2000 series

Firmware:
71211A
- in RHT298H (information by marco_lingen) >>> RHT means DVB-T version!

70919A
- Distribution by
http://www.file-uplo...Update.rar.html
- It is suitable for these recorders:
rh265 rh266 rh277 rh278 rh299
- 1. In thumbnail movie list, there are broken thumbnail screen if user select HOME-SETUP.
- 2. In text movie list, user can´t enter the edit menu.

Then there is a version "LG_RH200_update_80402A"

-----------

Loader:
S514
- in RH278 (gepip)

SD19
- 1. Improved record-ability for Double layer.
- 2. Improved error when you format DVD-RW disc.

SD11
- in RC278
- in RHT298H (marco_lingen)

-----------

Hope this will help you!

In case of interest I can send you files via email, in case of large files by yousendit

#1486 diNovoM

diNovoM

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for your reply. Actually i didn't thought of taking a look into the OPLab tool resp the txt files. Btw. as all uploads for 70919A are dead here my upload. Some DL for 80402A would be nice, but if that's the changelog it won't help me either.

Btw. "SD19 2.: Improved error" what's that? Instead of "unknown error" you get "Error #XXX while formating line YYYYY on DVD-RW"? ^^

So there is no way to get improved mpeg4/xvid compatibility? Too bad.

#1487 ekamatra

ekamatra

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hi there people,

I didn't know this thread is still up and running till today. :queen:
I posted some queries sometime back in 2008 and after failed attempts to get it started after getting advice from the masters here, i kept the set in storage.... for years.

I happen to stumble upon it some months back, I managed to get it started after replacing some capacitors. (Hooray!!)

After testing and using after some time, now it seems there isn't any power at all.
Any kind soul can tell me what has happened? Or what can be done? Is it something to do with the power circuit board?

Would appreciate if any kind of advise or knowledge shared. Thanks in advance.

#1488 maraxion

maraxion

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hello!

I understand this thread is old, but there is a lot of knowledgable people here so I hope you can help. 

Iv got an old LG RC185 DVD/VHS unit, and inside it is as GDA-4164L DVD writer.

From nero Infotool It says im running fastware SL40 dated 05-12-09.

But the problem is that I cannot write on newer DVD-RW records, and hoped there was some update/firmware to it?

So I was wondering either:

1. IS there please someone with a working update to this player.

2. And if not is there anyway to remove the DVD player and install an IDE HDD instead?(so I can transfeer old VHS to hdd.)