Photo

Foxtel Faq - Setup & Use (& Optus Digital)

• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#526 BusterB

BusterB

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

With that in mind then, how did I manage to have those two programs in particular full screen with no sidebars prior to disconnecting everything. I made no changes to any settings in either the TV or the Foxtel box, purely a case of disconnecting cables, re routing then reconnecting - doesn't make sense.

#527 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

That's a mystery, maybe they were old episodes that weren't 16:9, I don't know?

#528 BusterB

BusterB

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Oh well, it is what it is as they say, although I have a pack of banana connectors coming next week to connect up all my speakers nice and neatly. Another opportunity to have a look over all the connections and settings me thinks.

#529 POWER AV

POWER AV

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Can the IQHD box with HDMI out also output video and audio at the same time as HDMI thru component and composite and scart connections

#530 Guzz226

Guzz226

AV Forums Member

• 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I am getting foxtel installed during the week.

Do I need to have both the phone line and Ethernet connected?

During the ordering e guy said it would include the wireless adapter to connect to my LAN so trying to understand if I really need the hard wired LAN And phone sas well?

The confusing thing for me is that the foxtel FAQ say you need the phone and that wireless LAN is not possible! So really confused if I need to run LAN and phone cables prior!??!

#531 andre the seal

andre the seal

AV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Any help greatly appreciated.

Went to sleep last night with the recording of the Brisbane - Gold Coast A-League match on and when I woke up this morning it was stuck at the end of the match. I did the "select+back" reboot but now all that seems to be happening is the box keeps rebooting itself automatically every 20-30 seconds or so. Then when the light on the box goes red, I press the on button on the remote and nothing happens and then press the on button on the box and again, nothing. Its been doing this reboot loop for nearly half an hour now.

Any ideas?
Cheers guys

#532 andre the seal

andre the seal

AV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

Coulkd try a forced update-press back/select, all ligghts come on, go off and when they come on again press the following buttons in this order on the front of the box-power, up, down, power....the spinner will start spinning and it shouylkd say updating system software on your tv-----if this does'nt work next step is.....
Book a service call your box is stuffed!

Thanks mate. Ended up sorting it by removing and then re-inserting the foxtel card

#533 Surstevo

Surstevo

AV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

I purchased a Blueray/DVD recorder (a Samsung BD-D8500A, blueray, DVD, HDD 500g, $298 from 2nds world online). Can't be happier. My question is this. I previously had an LG DVD HDD RECORDER, connected my foxtel via the old AV cables. I was able to record foxtel fine. I am not worried able the picture quality at all. All I want is to record the foxtel onto the HDD. I have tried different combinations to connections on the new blue ray HDD but no luck.

What my question is saying is;

1) Can I buy a HDMI converter cable (from av cable to hdmi cable) connect thru the spare HDMI slot at the front and view foxtel thru that output. Then recording it onto the HDD.

2) Will the HDCP on the HDMI cable stop that recording?

3) Samsung site says that i can input an external device (foxtel) but also says its a DVD HDD. Funny that. How do i change the input mode using AV cables on the model Recorder I have (Samsung BD-D8500A, blueray, DVD, HDD 500g)?

4) HELP ME!!!!

Surstevo

#534 peterca

peterca

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

4) HELP ME!!!!

Surstevo

According to the owners manual the Samsung does not have any inputs, only outputs therefore there is no way to connect a Foxtel box to it.

#535 Venus

Venus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

According to the owners manual the Samsung does not have any inputs, only outputs therefore there is no way to connect a Foxtel box to it.

Was about to say the same thing. The HDDs on these units are only to record from the digital TV tuners. There are no AV inputs.

#536 BitchesBrew

BitchesBrew

AV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

A connundrum gents... what is the best way to connect the Foxtel iQHD (851) to a DVD Recorder (Panasonic DVD/VHS combi)? Previously with the stock-standard Foxtel box I had it piggy-backing the scart AND using S-Video. With the new box it seems the only real way to do it is with composite to composite which gives an average image as compared to the HDMI image.

#537 BigVic

BigVic

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Would love to delete all my recordings so that I can preserve hard disk space a few weeks out from the London Olympics. How do I actually connect a DVD/BluRay recorder to my Foxtel iQHD so that I can record my shows and delete them just before the Games?

#538 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Would love to delete all my recordings so that I can preserve hard disk space a few weeks out from the London Olympics. How do I actually connect a DVD/BluRay recorder to my Foxtel iQHD so that I can record my shows and delete them just before the Games?

If you have the older 850 hdiq,Connect the composite or svideo (better pq) from the IQ to a composite or svideo AV INPUT on the recorder.If you have the newer 851 box then composite is your only option.

Edited by wheelz, 09 February 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#539 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

A connundrum gents... what is the best way to connect the Foxtel iQHD (851) to a DVD Recorder (Panasonic DVD/VHS combi)? Previously with the stock-standard Foxtel box I had it piggy-backing the scart AND using S-Video. With the new box it seems the only real way to do it is with composite to composite which gives an average image as compared to the HDMI image.

Yeah the new 851 has no svideo best you'll get is composite.

#540 BigVic

BigVic

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

If you have the older 850 hdiq,Connect the composite or svideo (better pq) from the IQ to a composite or svideo AV INPUT on the recorder.If you have the newer 851 box then composite is your only option.

How do I find which model iQHD box I have?

#541 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

How do I find which model iQHD box I have?

The 851 dosent have any scart outputs on the back the 850 has 2

#542 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Image 4 here is the back of the 850

http://www.foxtel.co...ery/default.htm

#543 crunfree

crunfree

AV Forums Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi folks

I've just got a cable IQ Foxtel Box, which at present it connected to my old Aconda Loewe via the red/white/yellow composite inputs on the front of the TV. (No composite in on the back, and haven't got around to getting a converter yet).

I was told that I'd get a better picture if I went with S-video out from the Foxtel into one of the scart inputs on the TV. I've done that, sound and picture are OK but in black and white! Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? (Foxtel got me to unplug the cable and switch the unit off and on, and then offered to send a service man at my cost, but I suspect the answer might not require that sort of intervention).

#544 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

It's been a while but I think you need to go in to the settings and change the video output from PAL to s-video

#545 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi folks

I was told that I'd get a better picture if I went with S-video out from the Foxtel into one of the scart inputs on the TV. I've done that, sound and picture are OK but in black and white! Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? (Foxtel got me to unplug the cable and switch the unit off and on, and then offered to send a service man at my cost, but I suspect the answer might not require that sort of intervention).

Have you gone into the picture settings on the foxbox and changed video output to svideo?(remeber to save after selected).

Doodle beat me to it.

Edited by wheelz, 28 February 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#546 crunfree

crunfree

AV Forums Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks, tried that, but still in black and white... :pinch:

#547 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forums Member

• 4,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Scart is directional for svideo so you may have the wrong lead,is there an arrow on the scart or does it say in or out on the lead somewhere? If you are using a scart adapter with in & out switch try changing it from one to the other.
Is there a input setting in the tv's menu settings?

Does your iq have 2 scart outputs if so use the one for tv.

Edited by wheelz, 28 February 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#548 crunfree

crunfree

AV Forums Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yep, using the one for TV, and no arrows on svideo to scart cable. Not using any adapters, and can't find an s-video input selector on the TV.

#549 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

So you're going from the s-video output on the IQ to a scart input on your TV, not scart to scart?

#550 crunfree

crunfree

AV Forums Member

• 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

So you're going from the s-video output on the IQ to a scart input on your TV, not scart to scart?

I thought s video from Foxtel to TV scart would be better, but think I have a spare scart to scart lying around if that would be better. But still don't understand why the s video out won't give me colour.