Conect Foxtel To Dvd Recorder

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gtrr34_*

Guest_gtrr34_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

What is the best way to connect so I can record from foxtel. I have connect the foxtel pace box from scart to video l+r then from the dvr video l+r to tv however the quality I dont think looks as good also If i want to watch foxtel only and not record and want to turn off record no picture

#2 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:24 PM

If I was you I would have (No need to have DVD on to see Foxtel in both suggestions):-

1. Foxtel (TV)Scart output -> TV Component & Audio inputs (5 RCA's (6 if Composite as well))(cable like this Foxtel Scart to Component & Composite)
2. Foxtel (Video)Scart <-> DVD recorder Composite & Audio inputs & outputs (6 RCA's)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to VCR)
3. (Not required but better quality) DVD recorder Video & Audio outputs -> TV's best video connection that is is still empty Video/Audio inputs (S-Video to S-Video Component to Component for you I think)

OR (with better video quality recording but lower video quality Foxtel on TV):-

1. Foxtel (TV)Scart output -> TV S-Video & Audio inputs (3 plugs)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to S-Video & Audio)
2. Foxtel (Video)Scart -> DVD recorder S-Video & Audio inputs (3 plugs)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to S-Video & Audio)
3. DVD recorder Video & Audio outputs -> TV's best video connection that is is still empty Video/Audio inputs (Component to Component for you I think)

#3 Guest_gtrr34_*

Guest_gtrr34_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

Do you have a diagram for the below instructions?

If I was you I would have (No need to have DVD on to see Foxtel in both suggestions):-

1. Foxtel (TV)Scart output -> TV Component & Audio inputs (5 RCA's (6 if Composite as well))(cable like this Foxtel Scart to Component & Composite)
2. Foxtel (Video)Scart <-> DVD recorder Composite & Audio inputs & outputs (6 RCA's)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to VCR)
3. (not required but better quality) DVD recorder Video & Audio outputs -> TV's best video connection that is is still empty Video/Audio inputs (S-Video to S-Video for you I think)

OR (with better video quality recording but lower video quality Foxtel on TV):-

1. Foxtel (TV)Scart output -> TV S-Video & Audio inputs (3 plugs)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to S-Video & Audio)
2. Foxtel (Video)Scart -> DVD recorder S-Video & Audio inputs (3 plugs)(cable like this Foxtel Scart to S-Video & Audio)
3. DVD recorder Video & Audio outputs -> TV's best video connection that is is still empty Video/Audio inputs (Component to Component for you I think)

#4 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

Do you have a diagram for the below instructions?

No.

#5 johnnyk

johnnyk

AV Forums Member

• 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

No.

I connect Foxtel to my DVD Recorder via 3-RCA (composite and L&R audio). No need to send DVD recorder output via Foxtel box. DVD recorder outpurt goes directly to TV via component.

#6 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

I connect Foxtel to my DVD Recorder via 3-RCA (composite and L&R audio). No need to send DVD recorder output via Foxtel box. DVD recorder outpurt goes directly to TV via component.

Not required but adds the convenience of just pressing AV on Foxtel remote to get see DVD recorder (at composite quality). Plus if you have got a Scart to 6 RCA's you might as well use them all!

#7 lloydbradau80

lloydbradau80

AV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

Im looking at getting a dvd recorder (just a standard one) will i be able to hook it up like my VCR is at the moment to record programs from foxtel ???

#8 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

Im looking at getting a dvd recorder (just a standard one) will i be able to hook it up like my VCR is at the moment to record programs from foxtel ???

Yes, see Foxtel FAQ for more info.

#9 vasko

vasko

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

I just bought a Pana EH55 Recorder which has 2 SCART connectors. Im going to get foxtel in my room so i will be hooking it up to the Recorder.

Can i connect from foxtel SCART to Recorder SCART, or does it have to be via RGB?

#10 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:42 PM

I just bought a Pana EH55 Recorder which has 2 SCART connectors. Im going to get foxtel in my room so i will be hooking it up to the Recorder.

Can i connect from foxtel SCART to Recorder SCART, or does it have to be via RGB?

Yes, I would just get a full Scart to Scart cable and plug it into the Foxtel video recorder scart and the other end into AV2 scart on panasonic. It can then record Composite or S-Video or RGB(tv scart) depending on what you set the Foxtel box to output to your TV. See the FAQ for more info.

#11 vasko

vasko

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yes, I would just get a full Scart to Scart cable and plug it into the Foxtel video recorder scart and the other end into AV2 scart on panasonic. It can then record Composite or S-Video or RGB depending on what you set the Foxtel box to output to your TV. See the FAQ for more info.

Cool thanks, i asked because i could not see anything on it, i didnt want to use the SCART on foxtel and then just use the RCA cables. The recorder has SCART so i want to make the most of it and use it

#12 cttc

cttc

AV Forums Member

• 570 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

Cool thanks, i asked because i could not see anything on it, i didnt want to use the SCART on foxtel and then just use the RCA cables. The recorder has SCART so i want to make the most of it and use it

Yes scart to scart is usually the best solution for panasonic DVD recorders. The exception being if you have a Foxtel IQ, then you might use the separate S-Video socket that it has (to have component/rgb to TV and still get S-Video to the recorder).

#13 vasko

vasko

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:36 PM

Cool thanks for all your help cttc. I might take back the recorder tho, not that happy with it